Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default When the movie comes out, will you see it in the theater?

I want to say first that this post is not a judgment on individual choices anyone makes; I'm just curious to know how many people plan to see the movie in the theater.

Having known a few people who got very sick from COVID-19, I breathed a sigh of relief when the WW 84 movie was pushed to December and I didn't have to make a decision about whether I'd support the theatrical release by attending in person. Although I know a few people who have been to the movies and described their experience as safe and enjoyable, I'm just not ready to take that risk, no matter how much I want the film franchise to succeed and how much I really do want to see the film on the big screen.

One option I've considered is buying a ticket to support the theatrical release but just staying home. Someone else I know is planning to rent a showing and just take the people in his "pod."

Anyway, what about you? Will your favorite superhero get your butt into a theater seat, will you wait until an effective vaccine exists, or do you have another plan?

Hades, no.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Not until there’s a vaccine. This was one of only two movies I was looking forward this year to but it’s not worth the risk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not until there’s a vaccine. This was one of only two movies I was looking forward this year to but it’s not worth the risk.
    I concur. Even Spike Lee said he wouldn't step foot inside a movie theater until there's a vaccine. And that dude makes a living from those places.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Yes, I would. I usually like to go to movies during down times, regardless. I hate crowded theaters. If there is a early showing, I would go with my mask and face shield. I simply wouldn't eat or drink anything.

Regardless of whether a vaccine releases anytime soon, I would not feel comfortable being in a theater without a face mask until 2022 or 2023 at the earliest, so a vaccine does not necessarily stop me from wanting to go.

P.S. One reason for this is I live near a locally owned theater that gets modest business, at best. If I lived near the massive AMC I used to live by, that would significantly change my mind.

Spectacular Member

no not going to the movies for anything until I don't have to worry about Covid

Sure, I don't see why not.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I want to say first that this post is not a judgment on individual choices anyone makes; I'm just curious to know how many people plan to see the movie in the theater.

Having known a few people who got very sick from COVID-19, I breathed a sigh of relief when the WW 84 movie was pushed to December and I didn't have to make a decision about whether I'd support the theatrical release by attending in person. Although I know a few people who have been to the movies and described their experience as safe and enjoyable, I'm just not ready to take that risk, no matter how much I want the film franchise to succeed and how much I really do want to see the film on the big screen.

One option I've considered is buying a ticket to support the theatrical release but just staying home. Someone else I know is planning to rent a showing and just take the people in his "pod."

Anyway, what about you? Will your favorite superhero get your butt into a theater seat, will you wait until an effective vaccine exists, or do you have another plan?
    If they release the movie only in theatres I will NOT see it. If they incorporate a digital component in their release strategy I will PVOD it.

I love Wonder Woman however I like the things that being healthy provides me much more. Further, I like being alive. When you die you lose an important part of your life.

Stanlos, if you haven't already, get HBO Max.
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...se-1234804411/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thanks, Digi! I have subscribed and am ready to go!
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-20-2020 at 10:37 PM.

I would have before COVID. Unless something changes with Dish and HBO I expect I'll wait for the Blu Ray.