Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yes. I honestly feel I had it in February and still have the antibodies.
    I just inquired about that with my local health provider, since I might have had it in March, just as the Corona started to spread seriously in Europe.

They could book me a time for antibody testing, but they also believed that the antibody (serological) test wouldn't say anything, because the antibodies seems to disappear within six months. AIUI, you still have some protection after the antibodies recede due to the different immune systems, but would still be at risk of being infected again.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I just inquired about that with my local health provider, since I might have had it in March, just as the Corona started to spread seriously in Europe.

They could book me a time for antibody testing, but they also believed that the antibody (serological) test wouldn't say anything, because the antibodies seems to disappear within six months. AIUI, you still have some protection after the antibodies recede due to the different immune systems, but would still be at risk of being infected again.
    Yeah I talked to my doctor about it too and he said my theory was doubtful.

Retired

It depends what happens with the movie. They could still decide to release it for home viewing first (or a combo of both theatrical and home at the same time), in which event I will just see it at home. If they stick to a Christmas theatrical release, I will not go.

I'm hoping they just delay it until next year sometime and release it in theatres when it's safe. But I'd like them to start production on the third movie now. Maybe release both movies back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I want to say first that this post is not a judgment on individual choices anyone makes; I'm just curious to know how many people plan to see the movie in the theater.

Having known a few people who got very sick from COVID-19, I breathed a sigh of relief when the WW 84 movie was pushed to December and I didn't have to make a decision about whether I'd support the theatrical release by attending in person. Although I know a few people who have been to the movies and described their experience as safe and enjoyable, I'm just not ready to take that risk, no matter how much I want the film franchise to succeed and how much I really do want to see the film on the big screen.

One option I've considered is buying a ticket to support the theatrical release but just staying home. Someone else I know is planning to rent a showing and just take the people in his "pod."

Anyway, what about you? Will your favorite superhero get your butt into a theater seat, will you wait until an effective vaccine exists, or do you have another plan?
    If they release the movie only in theatres I will NOT see it. If they incorporate a digital component in their release strategy I will PVOD it.

I love Wonder Woman however I like the things that being healthy provides me much more. Further, I like being alive. When you die you lose an important part of your life.

Stanlos, if you haven't already, get HBO Max.
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...se-1234804411/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thanks, Digi! I have subscribed and am ready to go!
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-20-2020 at 10:37 PM.

I would have before COVID. Unless something changes with Dish and HBO I expect I'll wait for the Blu Ray.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Yes. I will wear a mask, a face shield, and gloves, and since I am sure that the theatre will have social distancing protocols in place, I will be fine. I just want to see this on a theatre screen.

Retired

The main reason I would go to these big blockbusters on the preview night or opening day was in hopes of having a big communal experience as a packed audience watched said movie for the first time. I seriously doubt that's going to be the case here. In a socially distanced theatre, with everyone wearing masks (or pretending to) and scared of any loud moist speaking, how much of a group experience could anyone get?

Hopefully they bring it back to theatres later on, when hopefully we're all safe from spreading the virus.

No, I can't because I have several people in my circle who are at high risk of death or hospitalization from the virus. I have to be responsible so no theater visit for me. I'll see it on Max.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-22-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Nope. Not just because it adds unnecessary public health risks to me and my circle, but also to tell WB in the only way I can that the theater release is one I disagree with.

I live in Florida, so... That's a no for me, Bob.

On the bright side, it is a quasi-legit excuse to buy an obscene home entertainment system