Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    For me - case is closed, the idiot AKA me was (accidentally) given the deserved punishment in form of missing rounds 4 and so on of draft. I'm abstaining from future discussions on the topic in order not to cause future friction.
    The only thing I'm going to say is that "gun is a gun" agreement works for offensive items well, not too well for buff items.
    I don't think you will have as much trouble with the Draft as you think you might. But, if you think your going to miss any of it, feel free to send me a wish list and I'll enter them for you.

Trying to accommodate everyone for this Draft isn't easy. But I am trying my best to be fair.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't think you will have as much trouble with the Draft as you think you might. But, if you think your going to miss any of it, feel free to send me a wish list and I'll enter them for you.

Trying to accommodate everyone for this Draft isn't easy. But I am trying my best to be fair.
    4 PM is going to be 11 PM, but then...we'll see. If second one goes faster than expected, then my worries are baseless. But I'll try to get together the wishlist just in case and not make bigger drama queen of myself than I already (accidentally) did

4 PM is going to be 11 PM, but then...we'll see. If second one goes faster than expected, then my worries are baseless. But I'll try to get together the wishlist just in case and not make bigger drama queen of myself than I already (accidentally) did
    The speed round, at 15 minutes, is going to go fast. In the past, the speed rounds were like 5 or 10 minutes, but I always felt that was unnecessarily harsh. Most players are going to be eager to post their choices ASAP. If you can stay up until 1:00 AM your time, that should give you plenty of time for it. Though I can start the speed round an hour earlier.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The speed round, at 15 minutes, is going to go fast. In the past, the speed rounds were like 5 or 10 minutes, but I always felt that was unnecessarily harsh. Most players are going to be eager to post their choices ASAP. If you can stay up until 1:00 AM your time, that should give you plenty of time for it. Though I can start the speed round an hour earlier.
    Depending on how fast Saturday goes, you may not have anyone left by 1 AM.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Depending on how fast Saturday goes, you may not have anyone left by 1 AM.
    I think there will be a few, but your right we might be done by mid-day Sunday. No way to know until then.

Understood. Though reshifted my drafts priority for the Rd.4 and so on. Monday is not expected to be busy (it's a holiday in Russia), so 1 AM Monday as worst case end draft time is manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Price Adjustments:

Exposure to Crashed Meteor Radiation (My Super-Ex Girlfriend) from 8 to 5-6 - This is a far weaker and slower boost than an 8
    Firestorm (DC) from 10 to 9 - Most of the feats I used for his speed wouldn't be accepted now
    Headband of Epic Intellect (3.5 D&D) from 5 to 4 if +12, 3 if +10 or +8
    Leggings of Speed, Day-Glo Orange (Hackmaster) from 10 to 6 - No reaction speed increase
    Leggings of Speed, Powder Blue (Hackmaster) from 10 to 5-6 - No reaction speed increase
    Thinking Cap (DC) from 4 to ? - What would fit the feats it has/which feats are acceptable?
    I don't know enough about the feats for the Thinking Cap to know if the cost should be raised or lowered.
    The Crashed Meteor Radiation should be no lower than a 7.
    The Leggings can go from a 10 to an 8.
    Headband of Epic Intellect needs to be better defined.
    Also, regarding Dalak's proposals- agree with G-Girl powerset down to 6 (same as Super Soldier Serum & Concentrated Sunlight Exposure - physically weaker, but faster). Thinking Cap up to 5 with no Pre-Crisis feats, 7 with Pre-Crisis.
    Reposting just in case these were missed, and I've got no problem with the responses except I think the Powder Blue "x10 Movement" without reaction speed increases is only worth a 6 at best. Oh, and the Headband should be maxed out at +12 and priced at a 4.

I'm awfully sorry for bringing this damned gun up again, however...
    Case in point
    Chemical X that powered Princess Morbucks was likely the same synthetic one Mojo later used for mass-empowering of children (and which Munch himself priced as 9). Cause the Princess was shown to be at least SLOWER than Blossom (unable to dodge the gun). Since the positive setting had only 1 dose by default, and more needs to be made with prep (non-existing in League setting) it's 9.
    Really, the Synthetic Chem X has much better odds to be used for "create PPG army". The cheapest safe army-building combo with the gun (heavily specialized one at that) I was able to think of was 13 points worth not counting the gun itself, and the feats from the episode MoJob itself clearly show that Morbucks in the episode was empowered by 9-points stuff, not genuine thing - otherwise she'd be able to outrun the shot like all other PPGs did.
    Princess: No, you buffoon!

(He pays no heed, firing a blast that knocks him off his feet with the recoil. It sails through the air and bounces off the tiles, one in the hands of each girl. The redirected beam continues unchecked; pan right slightly to show Princess trying desperately to keep ahead of it and failing. Close-up of her.)

Princess: (slow motion) NOOOOO!

(She trails off into a scream as the beam connects with her, and she tumbles to the ground. Cut to Mojo, looking up o.c. for a long moment; we are back at normal speed.)

I'm awfully sorry for bringing this damned gun up again, however...
    Case in point
    Chemical X that powered Princess Morbucks was likely the same synthetic one Mojo later used for mass-empowering of children (and which Munch himself priced as 9). Cause the Princess was shown to be at least SLOWER than Blossom (unable to dodge the gun). Since the positive setting had only 1 dose by default, and more needs to be made with prep (non-existing in League setting) it's 9.
    Really, the Synthetic Chem X has much better odds to be used for "create PPG army". The cheapest safe army-building combo with the gun (heavily specialized one at that) I was able to think of was 13 points worth not counting the gun itself, and the feats from the episode MoJob itself clearly show that Morbucks in the episode was empowered by 9-points stuff, not genuine thing - otherwise she'd be able to outrun the shot like all other PPGs did.
    *Sigh* 9, 10 what does 1 point really matter? I'll return it back down to a 9.

Once again, sorry to be such a bother in a morning. But that debate yesterday caused me to research the episode a bit closer.

Once again, sorry to be such a bother in a morning. But that debate yesterday caused me to research the episode a bit closer.
    Nothing to apologize for.

9 or 10 is a huge difference given that there is no limit on 9 point items/chars other than common sense while there is one on 10 pointers.