Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

List in Progress

Characters

Amara [Codex Alera] 5
    Goodman Grey [Dresden Files] 6/7
    Kira [Xanadu] 8/9 - Can move at light speed, so that would have to be limited.

Items
    Creepy Doll (Magic the Gathering) 4/5 -- Takes Physical Form during match.
    Vial of Poison (Magic the Gathering) 6/7
    Stratus Walk (Magic the Gathering) 3/4
    Deflecting Palm (Magic the Gathering) 6/7
    Cancel (Magic the Gathering) 4/5

Changes to Existing Entries

Thomas Raith [Dresden Files] change from 4 to 5

We should eliminate one or more of the following:

Superman (DC) 10
    Superman (Dean Cain: Lois & Clark) 10
    Superman (Justice League/JLU) 8
    Superman (Man of Steel) 7
    Superman (Nu52) 10
    Superman (Superman Returns) 9
    Superman (Young Justice) 8
    Superman Blue (DC) 10 - This was Superman during his energy-powers days.
    Superman Red (DC) 10 - Somehow there was a second energy-Superman.
    Superman X (Legion of Superheroes cartoon) 10
    Last edited by Tami; 10-24-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Nobody is an idiot, we all make mistakes. Thanks.
    Oh thanks a lot! That was nice...

For the sake of the League, I think that just about every item in question should grant instant skill without a learning curve. There is no time for a Learning Curve within the parameters of the League Matches.
    That's not how it has been. If you want to change it, that's fine but the KJS league always insisted you had to learn to use your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Also, I added some more characters (the M:tG dragons) but am not quite 100% on their pricing. Thoughts, anybody?
    Best of luck getting anyone to buy their power-level. Noone liked it when I tried summoning them before.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Are we keeping Orange Kryptonite a 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Are we keeping Orange Kryptonite a 10?
    Might be worth dropping it a point or two. Maybe a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post

That's not how it has been. If you want to change it, that's fine but the KJS league always insisted you had to learn to use your gear.
    So, how does that work in a tournament battle? Any examples of learning to use your gear while trying to keep your head from being knocked off by your opponent? It doesn't make sense to me. But if there is a clear example of doing it that makes sense I might reconsider.

So, how does that work in a tournament battle? Any examples of learning to use your gear while trying to keep your head from being knocked off by your opponent? It doesn't make sense to me. But if there is a clear example of doing it that makes sense I might reconsider.
    How do folks like Quasar or a Green Lantern get experience in anything other than the basics except by getting into the thick of it? Some things are too complicated to just give expert-status to them instantly, and some things would require more smarts/whatever to pull off top feats than whoever they are given to has. Of course there are lots of less complicated powers/items that would be quite easy to pick up and thus use at near-mastery as soon as they get them.

Long story short: It really depends on the Item in question.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Best of luck getting anyone to buy their power-level. Noone liked it when I tried summoning them before.
    Well, for starters, Darigaaz has a number of feats from the Invasion and Planechase books.

Crosis has a word that causes instant death across whole battlefields.

And Dromar's breath simultaneously serves as a D-dump and an EMP.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I agree that most items should come with instant knowledge/skill to use them. The ones that dont should be on a case by case basis imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Fibre-o-tomic-omic Suit (Powerpuff Girls) 9 or 10
    Note: Kryptonian-level strength and speed, but nothing special in terms of other nasty powers, so I can ever rate this gadget 9
    If you're referring to Princess's Cybertronic Suit from the end of Stuck Up-Up-and Away, then it's pretty clearly a 10. It stomped 2 of the three Powerpuffs effortlessly, and needed Blossom to go full on A-Game to beat it. And it still needed a team attack to finish it.

Santa Claus Chemical X Power-Up (Powerpuff Girls) 10
    Note: Pretty much your usual set of (regular) Chemical X powers - but this is granted by Santa, so the receiver must be somewhat fit for Santa's Nice List
    Well if we're going to do that, we might as well throw in ALL the extraneous PPG Power-ups.

Items

Black Sword (Ultima 7:The Forge of Virtue) 10
    Hulk Hogan's WWE Hall of Fame Ring (TNA) 3
    Janice (TNA) 2
    Magic Ping Pong Paddle (Spoony Experiment/Ultima Runes of Virtue) 3
    Mojo Jojo's Cut-Synthetic Chemical X (Powerpuff Girls) 9
    Morebucks Cybertonic Armor (Powerpuff Girls) 10
    Powered up by the Rainbow of Friendship (MLP: FIM) 8 (Requires all the Elements of Harmony)
    Special Liquid Electron Gun Specially Designed for Shooting the Antidote to Chemical X at the Powerpuff Girls and Eliminating their Powers (Powerpuff Girls) 10
    Super Energy Vitamin Pill (Underdog) 8

Characters:

Avatar Spoony (Composite) (The Spoony experiment/Ultima Series) 9
    Bart Allen (DC Comics) 10
    Seahorse (Spoony Experiment/Ultima Series) 6
    Lord Tirek (MLP:FIM) 9

I'm saying Avatar Spoony should have both all of "Spoony" 's feats, as well as the Avatar from Ultima, as he is constantly playing that character in his reviews.
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 09-06-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Of course that Lord Tirek depends on when we take him. If he's at the very beginning of the episode, he's only like a 4-5. He had to eat a lot of magic to get powerful enough to eat the stronger magic. If he's in "Ate everyone except the Alicorns" mode that was throwing down with All-Alicorn powered Twilight, that would be an 8-9 in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Bit busy with RL and family right now to make a proper list, but I've been thinking Bleach.

Yhwach can grant powers to his followers. He explicitly gave the Stern Kittens their abilities by making them drink his blood.

Those are worth including, I think.

Particularly V. Holy hell the V.

If you're referring to Princess's Cybertronic Suit from the end of Stuck Up-Up-and Away, then it's pretty clearly a 10. It stomped 2 of the three Powerpuffs effortlessly, and needed Blossom to go full on A-Game to beat it. And it still needed a team attack to finish it.

Well if we're going to do that, we might as well throw in ALL the extraneous PPG Power-ups.
    Just to add some difference between Bland Chemical X and Hooligan Mode Substitute Chemical X?

And yes, I'm referring to it. 10 is good IMO.
    Agree with the rest of your additions, BTW.

What should a Fusion cost that doesn't increase the individual powers at all, but has no limit on who it can be used on?
    Voyager had an episode where an alien flower beamed up with 2 folks merged them into one being: Tuvix and I think this could work for the league without being more than a 9-10 since it doesn't increase power. I think 9, as Fusion Dance is a combined 8, and Earrings which have a stronger merger than the individuals are a combined 10.

Oh, we should also discuss Thinking Cap cost modifications considering it's various powers and contested feats. Maybe make an effort to either remove all Pre Crisis items/characters from the lists or work out a way to determine which PC feats are allowable.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I've recently come across a much-overlooked item which I feel warrants placement on the list: Brainstorm's Star-Bolt Helmet.

Pre-Crisis it was pretty nuts, turning the wearer's thoughts into reality. On one occasion it was used to de-power the Justice League and transfer their abilities to different people, and on another it was used to cripple them (Superman blinded, Flash's legs fused together, etc).

Post-Crisis, it seems to have retained that ability - Brainstorm used it to steal Captain Comet's mental powers and add them to his own, and discarded the Helmet. A bystander picked it up and put it on, thinking an idle thought that the appearance of Halley's Comet was likely to drive everyone in Metropolis stark raving mad. Which, of course, is precisely what happened.

I'd rate it an 8 or 9. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Mighty Member

Some notes about things I've seen that have bugged me in the suggestions for inclusion.

Regarding Cleric's additions...

I know literally nothing about Buso Renkin, so I cannot give my thoughts about his additions.

Other than that, the infused emerald broams are merely magic fuel that could be used by a couple of characters in the draft and a few things in the store.

Regarding Primetime Harder's...

I am a bit fuzzy in regards to Magic: The Gathering, but what I hear about Urza seems hefty enough to tentatively agree with ninehood. Making a two out of the Leverage dude seems a bit odd, but it is minor.

No comments about the Endless Waltz stuff.

Arenas seem mostly solid.

Regarding Dalak's...

Does Paragon keep duplicated powers? Is there a limit to how many powers he can duplicate at a given time? These seem relevant questions to ask.

Regarding Charlotte Debel's

Odd. I could have sworn that the Hat's hat was already in the store, as Runic Hat or something like that, but I cannot find it.

I am also somewhat against Acacia's full course being there... Mostly, because the effects of the Gourmet Cells seem to change from person to person in no small ways.

Regarding Darth Drizzle's...

I have issues with the "vampirism contract" thing. I'll go back to this once I have a chance to reread the scene with Alucard's original deal with the blob of darkness.