Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Regarding Dalak's...

Does Paragon keep duplicated powers? Is there a limit to how many powers he can duplicate at a given time? These seem relevant questions to ask.
    The longer he is around someone, the longer he can keep the power once they are out of his range. It is not stored more than a few moments in any case. There's not been a limit shown to how many powers/skills he can dupe at once, but I can count how many he had at once in his 1 PC appearance as opposed to his Post Crisis one. His power works the same in both, and the PC appearance is brought up and shown in a flashback-still during his Post Crisis showing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I've recently come across a much-overlooked item which I feel warrants placement on the list: Brainstorm's Star-Bolt Helmet.

Pre-Crisis it was pretty nuts, turning the wearer's thoughts into reality. On one occasion it was used to de-power the Justice League and transfer their abilities to different people, and on another it was used to cripple them (Superman blinded, Flash's legs fused together, etc).

Post-Crisis, it seems to have retained that ability - Brainstorm used it to steal Captain Comet's mental powers and add them to his own, and discarded the Helmet. A bystander picked it up and put it on, thinking an idle thought that the appearance of Halley's Comet was likely to drive everyone in Metropolis stark raving mad. Which, of course, is precisely what happened.

I'd rate it an 8 or 9. Thoughts?
    About this one...

Frankly, I'd go with 10, if at all.

There is a Bleach thing, Blood Gift - Visionary, that I was thinking of putting in as a high value item. However, although it allows the user to create clones of himself and whatnot, the Visionary thing is limited in its ability to directly affect opponents. While inanimate things can be altered, created or destroyed at will, sentient opponents require for the opponent to think along the lines of the attacker:

As in "you are a cockroach" and if the attacked fellow thinks about it, he is now a cockroach. However, if he doesn't, this doesn't work, so well disciplined minds or single minded fellows are safe from direct warping.

Also, I'd appreciate some thoughts about the Dreamspike, which is a wide area teleportation jammer of sorts.

There is a Bleach thing, Blood Gift - Visionary, that I was thinking of putting in as a high value item. However, although it allows the user to create clones of himself and whatnot, the Visionary thing is limited in its ability to directly affect opponents. While inanimate things can be altered, created or destroyed at will, sentient opponents require for the opponent to think along the lines of the attacker:

As in "you are a cockroach" and if the attacked fellow thinks about it, he is now a cockroach. However, if he doesn't, this doesn't work, so well disciplined minds or single minded fellows are safe from direct warping.
    Cloning is a pricey ability, and adding in the ability to futz with/reality alter not only anything inanimate but enemies too? I'd say a 10 at least, maybe a 9 based on limits on how many clones/ short range on warping

Also, I'd appreciate some thoughts about the Dreamspike, which is a wide area teleportation jammer of sorts.
    Something that can jam all enemy teleporting while allies are excepted . . . pricey if allowed, but I am not a fan. I'm also unsure if it would affect technological/Other forms of teleporting that aren't dependent on One Power or whatever gives the Dreamers their abilities.
    Last edited by Dalak; 08-30-2014 at 12:34 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I am a bit fuzzy in regards to Magic: The Gathering, but what I hear about Urza seems hefty enough to tentatively agree with ninehood.
    He basically build all of the major artifacts from the early game and is the kind of guy who likes his Batman Gambits, as well as throwing a **** ton of magic robots at people.

He also could blow up dimensions, so I'm thinking speedblitz is the ONLY way Superman could beat him.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Odd. I could have sworn that the Hat's hat was already in the store, as Runic Hat or something like that, but I cannot find it.

I am also somewhat against Acacia's full course being there... Mostly, because the effects of the Gourmet Cells seem to change from person to person in no small ways.
    As for Hat - searched for this as the damn thing is involved in one of my strats but was unable to find neither Hat nor his hat in the list.
    As for Gourmet Cells - agree. I's almost as random a powerup as X-gene, and with Acacia Full Course it may turn into "make up your own omega mutation".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    As for Gourmet Cells - agree. I's almost as random a powerup as X-gene, and with Acacia Full Course it may turn into "make up your own omega mutation".
    Yeah.

Reminds me of the "make a pactio" or "deal with Kyubi" item proposal from a while back.

To open ended to be usable, IMO.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Frankly, I'd go with 10, if at all.
    Hmm, yeah. 10 is appropriate. I just really liked the way it was featured in DC Presents #91.

There is a Bleach thing, Blood Gift - Visionary, that I was thinking of putting in as a high value item.
    Yeah, that's an 8 or 9. Got some solid restrictions, but it can jack with pretty much any item on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    He also could blow up dimensions, so I'm thinking speedblitz is the ONLY way Superman could beat him.
    Just to be clear, the planar collapse thing isn't a spell he can cast at will. It took years of prep, and wasn't even what he intended to do in the first place. Serra's Realm was already on the verge of imploding; he just helped it along a little, and happened to have a device on hand capable of storing that much energy.

As an aside, Urza's high-end reaction feats are very impressive.

Reminds me of the "make a pactio" or "deal with Kyubi" item proposal from a while back.

Too open ended to be usable, IMO.
    What do you think about Goku Uniforms?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    What do you think about Goku Uniforms?
    If we are talking about generic, I have the same feelings.

If we are talking about bringing in the canon stuff, meh.

There is some potential to Life Fiber Hybridization, though.

I'm gonna start reviewing things myself for my own input. But might not be able to post about it til this weekend. We still have time to work on this.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

added the Spoony One and the Black Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    added the Spoony One and the Black Sword.
    Would you mind explaining why Spoony deserves the 9?

Made corrections to my list based on what was discussed.
    Also, wanting your opinion on Mary Poppins Bag from Warehouse 13 (9 or 10) - it contained some pretty potent stuff, but individually nothing more than a BIG bunch of 7-pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Made corrections to my list based on what was discussed.
    Also, wanting your opinion on Mary Poppins Bag from Warehouse 13 (9 or 10) - it contained some pretty potent stuff, but individually nothing more than a BIG bunch of 7-pointers.
    The bag it's self is not the items contained within it as-per-say. It can be treated as a Bag-of-holding, meaning you could put an anti-tank canon in it and it would fit as if it was a pack of chewing gum. Or, it could be like Shaman's Bag [Alpha Flight], and pointed similarly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Would you mind explaining why Spoony deserves the 9?
    Well Spoony had some good stuff, over the years (Was "Black Lantern Spoony him or a clone?), I was mostly thinking of the Avatar, esp. from Spoony's reviews (in which he claimed to BE the Avatar repeatedly), that deserved the 9. Stuff like the Armageddon spell, Yvx, or the Hoe of Destruction spring to mind.

Slayer of the Immortal Mondain, the Mostly-immortal Minax, the Dark Being Exodus, Slaughterer of cities (Before he became the Avatar), vanquisher of the Stygian Abyss (no less than 8 times), Titan of Ether (with greater power than 5 Gods of the setting), etc.

Edit: and on his show he killed the Guardian, and vanquished the Black Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The bag it's self is not the items contained within it as-per-say. It can be treated as a Bag-of-holding, meaning you could put an anti-tank canon in it and it would fit as if it was a pack of chewing gum. Or, it could be like Shaman's Bag [Alpha Flight], and pointed similarly.
    I think Shaman's bag is the right analogue. What it was, 7?