Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Was it ever explained why Doug was hiding Warlock in the first place? I don't seem to read anywhere anybody telling the reason why.
    We do not know. And nobody seems to care. Maybe he thought that Warlock not being a mutant would not be accepted but the people in Krakoa were like "You dumb Doug, it's OBVIOUS that your arm is Warlock, we just don't care, Warlock is fine".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We do not know. And nobody seems to care. Maybe he thought that Warlock not being a mutant would not be accepted but the people in Krakoa were like "You dumb Doug, it's OBVIOUS that your arm is Warlock, we just don't care, Warlock is fine".
    But he had Warlock on his arm before he even knew about Xavier's plan.

Was it ever explained why Doug was hiding Warlock in the first place? I don't seem to read anywhere anybody telling the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    But he had Warlock on his arm before he even knew about Xavier's plan.
    I'm thinking that it's kinda like the reasoning Magik didn't want Warlock like to come to Limbo over time his techno-organic-ness will get absorbed into the land itself and wreck havoc
    GrindrStone(D)

All-New Member

off-topic-idh but had to.

Danielsoan52"I'll meet you by the third pyramid. We'll meet in Mesopotamia"

I'd say I'd like to Nip it In The Bud, but I'm too busy making a Cake. Still I'll meet you there if I can still catch the Trism and then we can go play in some hot Lava.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by mykle1616 View Post
    off-topic-idh but had to.

Danielsoan52"I'll meet you by the third pyramid. We'll meet in Mesopotamia"

I'd say I'd like to Nip it In The Bud, but I'm too busy making a Cake. Still I'll meet you there if I can still catch the Trism and then we can go play in some hot Lava.

:P
    Why the B-52's tho?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Not that I'm aware of and certainly not in any of the issues I've picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'm thinking that it's kinda like the reasoning Magik didn't want Warlock like to come to Limbo over time his techno-organic-ness will get absorbed into the land itself and wreck havoc
    This brings up a very interesting point about infecting Limbo, he most certainly immediately did so to Krakoa and you just no that's going to come back to bite the X-men in the ass in there fight against literal machine gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

This brings up a very interesting point about infecting Limbo, he most certainly immediately did so to Krakoa and you just no that's going to come back to bite the X-men in the ass in there fight against literal machine gods.

This is the exact scene I was referring to
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not that I'm aware of and certainly not in any of the issues I've picked up.

It's quite possible that frame is just showing Doug's arm transmuting and draining a plant to show that it really is Warlock. That was always something he had to do to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's quite possible that frame is just showing Doug's arm transmuting and draining a plant to show that it really is Warlock. That was always something he had to do to feed.
    yhea that's the way warlock feeds, by trasmuting organic matter and draining the life force out of it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Warlock is a mutant but he is an alien mutant.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Warlo...ch)_(Earth-616)

Most everybody else on Krakoa are human mutants.

It almost feels like Warlock being kept hidden was just something that Hickman introduced that ulimately wont have payoff. He's done this in previous runs and other writers have mentioned that he's introduced plot elements that others might pick up on that he had no clear plan what to do with himself

Warlock is a mutant but he is an alien mutant.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Warlo...ch)_(Earth-616)

Most everybody else on Krakoa are human mutants.
    Yeah, but non-human mutants like Warlock and Broo seem more "guests" than citizens of Krakoa.