Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Widow has a kid...so I guess they are out of ideas?

I saw it on the front page. I guess Marvel can get some short term burn out of this. Maybe this will be revealed to be a big fake out. Of course if this is true it wrecks the character in the long term but I guess Marvel isn't all that concerned. The character works best as a team player or guest star. Plus they still have another Black Widow.

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-3-4-...-romanoff-son/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Good lord. Can they stop giving these characters kids? It rarely helps any of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Good lord. Can they stop giving these characters kids? It rarely helps any of the characters.
    Giving a comic character a kid will get a short term sales boost, but after the boost is over the character is still stuck with the kid. Also whenever a character who shouldn't have a kid ends up with a kid the writer is starting a new family or planning to have one. That was the case with Spider-Woman. I wonder if Kelly Thompson is thinking about starting a family.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

so I guess they are out of ideas?
    And have been for a very long time.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Annie Wu's variant cover for Black Widow #3 depicts an ominous family portrait featuring Natasha alongside her fiancé and young son, in which only Natasha's face is visible.... In Marvel's new Black Widow series, the notorious spy is "unknowingly trapped in a seemingly perfect life in San Francisco complete with a fancy job and a loving fiancé," with Stevie's existence being revealed as the cracks in this façade begin to show. "Who is little Stevie? Who are the villains behind this twisted plot? And when and how will Natasha break free?"
    Sounds like she doesnt actually have a kid but is trapped in a pleasantville style fake life. Still unoriginal though

Astonishing Member

This is ridiculous! Next they're gonna do something stupid like giving Spider-Man a kid!

Astonishing Member

Is it really too much to ask that people not post spoilers in subject lines? Or in article headlines, for that matter, CBR writers. Not everyone gets their comics on Wednesdays. Some people wait for trade. They should be able to come to the board to discuss comics without having spoilers thrown in their face without having clicked on a thread or an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Is it really too much to ask that people not post spoilers in subject lines? Or in article headlines, for that matter, CBR writers. Not everyone gets their comics on Wednesdays. Some people wait for trade. They should be able to come to the board to discuss comics without having spoilers thrown in their face without having clicked on a thread or an article.
    We don't know if it's a fake out yet. It's akin to one of those old covers where Superman takes over the world. It's meant to get people talking. Everyone is on edge because we wouldn't put it past Marvel to actually give her a kid lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    We don't know if it's a fake out yet. It's akin to one of those old covers where Superman takes over the world. It's meant to get people talking. Everyone is on edge because we wouldn't put it past Marvel to actually give her a kid lol.
    I realize that but whether it turns out to be a fake out or not, its still a spoiler to anyone who has read the latest issue yet and was planning to. I'm just saying the thread could have been created without putting the spoiler right in the subject line, that's all.

The CBR article writers have gotten really bad for it over the last few years--not just with comics, but with tv shows and movies too. Within minutes of an episode airing, they have multiple articles posted discussing spoilers, and even when they remember to not give it away in the headline text, their choice of headline picture gives it away half the time. They seem to think that everyone around the world all gets to read the book, or watch the show, etc, at the same time.

I thought Natasha was infertile?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I thought Natasha was infertile?
    I think that was only in the movies.

In some continuities, she has a son with Captain America.

Incredible Member

Guessing the OG poster isn't reading/ aware of the happenings in the current series?

I know you "saw it on the front page" but something I've learnt - never take CBR Articles at face value or in some cases at any value without doing some quick Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    so I guess they are out of ideas?
    And have been for a very long time.
    At least she has a son and there's not another red head chick running around the MCU
    GrindrStone(D)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Story isn't out yet. Ease up.

That #4 variant cover is f*cking sexy tho. Look at Thor.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

She already had a stillbirth daughter named Rose. During Majorie Liu’s Run.

It was in a really obscure issue. Like Vindiktor being her brother.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-09-2020 at 07:25 AM.