The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Default Has superman ever been cursed in story?

As the title suggests, has superman ever been cursed, have limits put on him , been possed by monstrous spirits... Etc?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm sure he has, but out of story, one could say Berganza was a curse that has only recently been lifted.

In a Lois Lane comic book Catwoman turned Superman into a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    In a Lois Lane comic book Catwoman turned Superman into a cat.
    Oh! Yeah! I remember that one. But, was that a curse or standard shenanigans ?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-09-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Think he's been put under Circe's possession a couple times, here's one instance from "The Witch and the Warrior" storyline.

Almost every time he team-up with some magic based character he either get his ass kicked by the villain or is turned into a henchman and the other hero have to save/defeat Superman.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

In the 80s he had Satanis. He also had another enemy named Baron Samedi who caused him some trouble with a voodoo doll for one thing. I remember Superman Adventures having something kinda similar that I'll look up.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I don't know if this counts as a curse, but there's a Golden Age newspaper story where "the League to Destroy Superman" contained a man with hypnotic powers who hypnotized Superman into doing "exactly the opposite" of what he wants to do - for example, when Perry tells Clark he deserves a raise, Clark declines, and then immediately afterward thinks something like "Confound it! I've been working toward that raise for months!"

He shakes it off by trying to dive deep into the ocean, which sends him into space instead. I guess the vacuum cleared his head. I think it might be the first time Superman ever jumped into space as well, though I'm not certain about that.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think he's been put under Circe's possession a couple times, here's one instance from "The Witch and the Warrior" storyline.
    Circe turned him into Superdoom. I guess that is a monsterous possession.
    i was looking for more instances like this but from his lore.

Supertrigon is badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    In the 80s he had Satanis. He also had another enemy named Baron Samedi who caused him some trouble with a voodoo doll for one thing. I remember Superman Adventures having something kinda similar that I'll look up.
    It's crazy how superman could be killed with just a magic doll and a piece of his cloth or hair attached to it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-09-2020 at 04:17 PM.