Incredible Member

Default Is Ultimate Marvel aka earth 1610 making a return in some form?

So I’ve been been reading Ghost Spider, Miles Morales, and Venom and all seem to be mentioning, referencing, and in venoms case seeing 1610. Is marvel building up to something here with it? I’m not sure if I’ve missed any announcements for any certain events or interviews but with it being referenced in multiple books it seem too big to be nothing.

Please let me know if I’m missing any other references from other books

In ghost Spider we see the maker observing gwen’s world’s version of Johnny and sue and mentioning how he’s trying to bring his world back

In venom we’ve seen the maker working on a portal while wearing 1610 venom suit which he has upgraded and then ending up on 1610 itself. It could be a current version or a future version based how chaotic it looked

In Miles’s book we’ve seen ultimatum (616 version of miles) directly references this universe like mentioning how he knows miles is his counterpart and how him his family and friends all don’t belong in this world as well and as of currently trying to send miles and everyone originally from 1610 back there. Ultimatum also explains that miles and none of his friends or friends don’t remember their home universe because of how long they’ve been away from it, but miles slowly seems to be remembering as ultimatum reminds him.

What I’m curious about is this all clearly seems coordinated and part of some plan and I’m curious where this all is leading. I originally got into comics with ultimate spider-man when that run was beginning and ended up reading every book in that universe so it’s exciting to see it referenced again. Just curious if anyone knows where this is all going or has any predictions.

Earth-1610 is definitely back. But that doesn't mean there's plans to revive the Ultimate line.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I don’t think the line is coming back because I remember how that slowly crashed and burned... but it’s interesting all the set up we are getting

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Maybe after Krakoa, they'll move all of the X-Men and every mutant on 616 Earth there (except the few mutant Avengers who want to stay on 616)? Just spit-balling here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Maybe after Krakoa, they'll move all of the X-Men and every mutant on 616 Earth there (except the few mutant Avengers who want to stay on 616)? Just spit-balling here.
    Aren't things literally worse there for mutants than 616?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yes, after the disaster that was Ultimatum, known to have been precipitated by Magneto and caused millions of deaths across the world, laws were passed making it so that any use of mutant powers, for any reason, was punishable by preemptive lifetime imprisonment, and resistance would just lead to extrajudicial execution. As a result, a lot of mutants when Jonathan Hickman started his Ultimates run began flocking to a new nation somewhere in the vicinity of Southeast Asia (if I recall correctly) that was set up by a version of Xorn as a refuge for them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yes, but I like that. Impossible odds and all.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, but I like that. Impossible odds and all.
    Funny enough, in 1610/Ultimate, mutants were the accidental byproduct of attempts to recreate the results of the super-soldier experiments that made Wolverine (and/or Captain America) and not really the next stage of human evolution. Considering that the Celestials' tampering with the human genome early on in humanity's development was what led to mutants in 616, it would be an interesting compare/contrast.

We have seen some of that contrast when the time-displaced original X-Men got stranded in the Ultimate Universe, and had a crossover with Miles and the Ultimate X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    We have seen some of that contrast when the time-displaced original X-Men got stranded in the Ultimate Universe, and had a crossover with Miles and the Ultimate X-Men.
    Thanks for the reminder. That was one of my favorite arcs of All-New X-Men, but then I'm a sucker for a good Spider-Man/X-Men team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Come to think of it, Jean Grey knows Miles Morales's secret identity because of that. They've never referenced that since, and they should.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman