Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Considering how many Batman and Superman Family related titles there are/have been over the years, the viability of two Flash books shouldn’t really be a question. And actually from the mid nineties till about 2002, there were two Flash Family books, as Impulse had his own title which lasted nearly a hundred issues.

That’s a long winded way of my saying I agree w. the quoted post. A Wally West solo title should at least be given a chance.
    Not only those titles but how many damn GL titles did we have several years ago? It can work, DC just flat out doesn’t want it to work.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Not only those titles but how many damn GL titles did we have several years ago? It can work, DC just flat out doesn’t want it to work.
    It really does seem that way.
    I remember when the 1990 Flash TV show premierd. The took nearly all the stuff that had been done in Wally’s book up to that point and transferred it to Barry Allen, so obv. someone saw the potential there. The new show hasn’t done that as much, but many of their villains, Chester P. Runk, and Velocity 9 all come from Wally’s Flash.

What I’m saying is, Wally’s had a huge impact on the Flash legacy. He had the name for almost 25 years. Barry was the Flash for about 30 before he died in The Crisis. Wally’s as much the Flash as Barry is, and I’d argue, the more interesting of the two.

Barry and Wally could co-exist with both of them having a book if DC wanted to. As others have suggested a "Flash Family" book starring Wally and his Flash Family could work with Bary having the main Flash book and Jay Garrick being in both. It also might mean that Barry fans can enjoy reading about him without it always devolving into an argument with Wally fans. We can only hope .

Wally is still the main Flash to me so I cannot comment. This far nothing that has come after Flash Rebirth has been anywhere near as compelling as Waid's Flash run.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think they need to make like a nineties Earth. Like Earth 1996 or something where he can be the main Flash again. So you have him, Conner GA, long haired Superman, Artemis WW, yellow oval Batman, and nameless Superboy, Matrix Supergirl, etc.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think they need to make like a nineties Earth. Like Earth 1996 or something where he can be the main Flash again. So you have him, Conner GA, long haired Superman, Artemis WW, yellow oval Batman, and nameless Superboy, Matrix Supergirl, etc.
    It's not a bad idea. Probably the strongest Post-Crisis era, or perhaps ever, with respect to legacy and the passage of time.

Have there been any DC Comics deaths that have not been reversed? With Ice and Jason Todd having returned a while ago I can't recall any that are still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Have there been any DC Comics deaths that have not been reversed? With Ice and Jason Todd having returned a while ago I can't recall any that are still dead.
    Probably more likely to be unreversed the lesser known or lower tier a character is. How about the Losers who were killed off in Crisis #3? Or Kid Psycho from the original LSH, also a Crisis casualty? Danny Chase, Al Pratt, Silver Sorceress. Have any of the Heroes in Crisis casualties been brought back yet? The Blood Pack, incinerated all in one panel in Infinite Crisis by Superboy-Prime (alongside another incarnation of Solomon Grundy, who always comes back, so kinda an insult to them)? The original Brain Wave? Crimson Avenger and Wing. Either Air-Wave. Sargon? Zatara? Charles McNider? Pantha or Wildebeest? Crimson Fox or the second Amazing-Man?

Not a death, per se, but a fate worse than death that was never reversed: Northwind. Turned into yet another unnecessarily imported-from-Kingdom-Come character, the voiceless and mindless literal hawk/man hybrid that was originally supposed to be the original Hawkman. Left to be just that, and a stooge of Black Adam, with nobody in-universe or behind the scenes expressing any interest in trying to help restore him to normal.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I would be ok with Wally getting a proper sendoff if, AND ONLY IF, the main Flash after it is Wallace, Bart, Jesse, Avery, or someone new.

If Wally gets a proper sendoff so Barry can shine, then no Wally Flash comics ever have amounted to anything.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I really don't think it'd be that hard for Barry and Wally to co-exist, and I think the brand can sustain two ongoing titles. I think DC has avoided doing this, despite the clear and vocal fan demand, because they fear it'll just split the revenue rather than increasing it. Or maybe they fear that after all their hard work to prop Barry up that Wally is still just as/more popular and they'll look foolish. Or both. Who knows.

Seems like there's plenty of ways to use Wally in a way that honors him, his history, and his legacy without stepping on Barry's toes or providing a redundant reading experience. My personal favorite is "Flash of the multiverse" which I've been pitching since Justice Incarnate's Red Racer died in a Tomasi Superman book, but even something as simple as Wally in Keystone, raising his family, could provide a enjoyable "blue collar" experience compared to Barry's CSI "white collar" one.

So Wally going out in a huge blaze of glory seems.....unnecessary, from a creative standpoint. There's people who want to read about him, there's options to make him work without getting in Barry's way, and the only reason I can find to really support a Big Epic Ending is because DC can't be bothered to do right by the character. And DC being lazy is no excuse for anything except firing people for not doing their jobs right.

If my only choices are "Wally gets treated like garbage, when DC even remembers he's around at all" or "Wally goes out with a bang that'll be remembered for decades" then I guess I'll take Wally going out with a bang and being treated like Barry was, back when Barry was properly dead. I'd rather take Sainthood than crap stories featuring a character I *used* to love. But I'd greatly prefer the third option "DC gives us the Wally we want so we can read about two Flashes."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They have that already think it's Earth-8 but they'll just forget about it or turn it into crossover fodder like what happened to Earth-2. It would be cool to see a story from a time where they continued with that group but it was the talent that made a lot of that work in the first place and they are mostly gone. Otherwise it turns out like Convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This is basically the point of my thread. It could work yes. But DC doesn't want to do it. Even without Dan Didio IMO.

So my point was , if we all agree on that, would you be happier to see a nice send off other than more of the same?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    But DC doesn't want to do it. Even without Dan Didio IMO.
    It's way too soon to know that. I, for one, look at current editorial with favorable eyes until they prove me wrong.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

My crazy offering: twelve issues of THE FLASH per year plus an annual. Five issues dedicated entirely to Barry Allen; five other issues dedicated entirely to Wally West. Two issues plus an annual in which they cross over/team up.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's way too soon to know that. I, for one, look at current editorial with favorable eyes until they prove me wrong.
    I would love to be proven wrong but I am pretty confident this is how it is going to play out.