View Poll Results: Which Batman villain should receive more attention?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ra's Al Ghul

5 5.05%
  • Two-Face

10 10.10%
  • The Penguin

7 7.07%
  • The Riddler

13 13.13%
  • The Scarecrow

12 12.12%
  • Bane

1 1.01%
  • Hugo Strange

10 10.10%
  • Poison Ivy

6 6.06%
  • Mr. Freeze

2 2.02%
  • Black Mask

2 2.02%
  • Talia Al Ghul

5 5.05%
  • Hush

2 2.02%
  • The Mad Hatter

12 12.12%
  • Clayface

1 1.01%
  • Other

11 11.11%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which Batman villain should receive more attention?

Since a good number of people (myself included) have Joker fatigue and since Batman have arguably the best rogues gallery, which Batman villain you would like to see receive more attention?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jane Doe. Serial murder mystery as she switch identities making Batman go after the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Jane Doe. Serial murder mystery as she switch identities making Batman go after the wrong people.
    Woah woah woah! Mystery? In BATMAN!? Next you'll be implying Batman is supposed to be a human detective or something!

Catwoman
    Harley Quinn
    Punchline
    Poison Ivy
    Talia al Ghul

Of course I might just be feeling a little hot blooded right now...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Catwoman
    Harley Quinn
    They are the most overexposed characters and not considered to be villains anymore. Punchline is to fill up the gap that Harley Quinn left behind, Talia is to make up for Catwoman being redeemable.

My vote is for Scarecrow.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 10-09-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Woah woah woah! Mystery? In BATMAN!? Next you'll be implying Batman is supposed to be a human detective or something!
    You gonna make this same joke in every thread about Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    They are the most overexposed characters and not considered to be villains anymore. Punchline is to fill up the gap that Harley Quinn left behind, Talia is to make up for Catwoman being redeemable.

My vote is for Scarecrow.
    I think you missed the point where I was just listing all the attractive female rogues I could think of...

Although I am really hopeful and interested in Punchline getting built up to be a long lasting big time foe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think you missed the point where I was just listing all the attractive female rogues I could think of...

Although I am really hopeful and interested in Punchline getting built up to be a long lasting big time foe.
    Batman and family have, at least, a dozen more attractive female rouges...waiting on a shelf in comic-book limbo.

Batman and family have over 500 villains...many of who may not been seen any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Batman and family have, at least, a dozen more attractive female rouges...waiting on a shelf in comic-book limbo.

Batman and family have over 500 villains...many of who may not been seen any time soon.
    I did say that I could think of - I don't know all of them.

I have remembered two more I'd like to see though
    Magpie
    White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    You gonna make this same joke in every thread about Batman?
    Well, when was the last time in main continuity that Bruce actually acted like a detective?

Anyway, no Bane. Had enough of him for a good while as a main villain. Do the Bats know Clayface is still alive? Either way, kind of like him being that anti-hero/reformed villain (he and Cass in Detective Comics had a good student/teacher thing going). Jane Doe is an interesting choice, for sure. Getting back to the nitty-gritty noir Detective aspect. Ivy being a full on villain would rile up some people, but why not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, when was the last time in main continuity that Bruce actually acted like a detective?

Anyway, no Bane. Had enough of him for a good while as a main villain. Do the Bats know Clayface is still alive? Either way, kind of like him being that anti-hero/reformed villain (he and Cass in Detective Comics had a good student/teacher thing going). Jane Doe is an interesting choice, for sure. Getting back to the nitty-gritty noir Detective aspect. Ivy being a full on villain would rile up some people, but why not.
    If Punchline can replace Harley, then why can't another villainess sub for Ivy?

Why does Pam have to go backwards because writers aren't more creative?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

When was the last time we had a good Hugo Strange story (Eternal wasn't good. Maybe Arkham City.)? I feel like all the other villains have a well known relatively recent story attached to them:

Ra's- Death and the Maidens
    Two-Face- Big Burn
    Penguin- Joker's Asylum Penguin#1, Pain and Prejudice
    Riddler- Earth One, Zero Year
    Bane- No Man's Land
    Poison Ivy- No Man's Land
    Black Mask- during Brubaker's Catwoman run
    Hush- Heart of Hush
    Mad Hatter- Rucka's New Gotham

Controversial opinion: What could be done with Freeze and Clayface that hasn't been done already and much better?
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 10-10-2020 at 08:35 AM.

What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire word signifies a great woman. What is the word?

Ask The Riddler.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire word signifies a great woman. What is the word?

Ask The Riddler.
    Heroine
    He
    Her
    Hero

My mind immediately went to Doctor Strange when I read the title. Then the first thing I did was look up his recent appearances because I couldn't remember and was surprised to realize he was behind the Monster Men event. Completely forgot. Still a strong contender.

I'd like to see more of villanous Clayface too. He has been getting used for one-shot issues a lot and has felt more like a gimmick in his villain role. If DC wants to keep him redemable, they could combine Bruce mistaking Jane Doe's work for his.