View Poll Results: Which Batman villain should receive more attention?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ra's Al Ghul

5 5.05%
  • Two-Face

10 10.10%
  • The Penguin

7 7.07%
  • The Riddler

13 13.13%
  • The Scarecrow

12 12.12%
  • Bane

1 1.01%
  • Hugo Strange

10 10.10%
  • Poison Ivy

6 6.06%
  • Mr. Freeze

2 2.02%
  • Black Mask

2 2.02%
  • Talia Al Ghul

5 5.05%
  • Hush

2 2.02%
  • The Mad Hatter

12 12.12%
  • Clayface

1 1.01%
  • Other

11 11.11%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    I thought Batman and the Monster Men was excellent.
    It is excellent, forgot it because of its place in continuity (Year One era).

Monster Men & "Transference" are two top Hugo Strange stories in the past 20 years. Before that, LOTDK Prey.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It is excellent, forgot it because of its place in continuity (Year One era).

Monster Men & "Transference" are two top Hugo Strange stories in the past 20 years. Before that, LOTDK Prey.
    To be fair, It's not like they've actually used him that much since then. They could have easily placed him as the mastermind character in Batman RIP in place of Simon Hurt honestly.

Astonishing Member

Red Claw

Despite a striking visual design, I thought she was the most bland, generic terrorist threat for Batman to confront. I guess I was not alone in this opinion since no one did anything with this character.

On DeviantArt, someone suggested that Nyssa Raatko would be a better fit for the Red Claw name. I agree...because I think the original Red Claw needs to lose the name 'Red Claw'...and the color red!

I don't care if she's called Lavender Rose; this villainess needs some attention in the form of revitalization.

Mighty Member

I've always thought that writers don't know what to do with the Penguin... to the point he's always just there as a novelty. Also, a lot of the time they are all over the place with his personality... (I personally like the "Gentleman of Crime" approach myself, but we've seen monster, brutish mobster, informant, etc...)

I always thought that it'd be fun to have a focus on Penguin being the brilliant criminal that is actually smarter than Batman that they say he is every now and then.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I've always thought that writers don't know what to do with the Penguin... to the point he's always just there as a novelty. Also, a lot of the time they are all over the place with his personality... (I personally like the "Gentleman of Crime" approach myself, but we've seen monster, brutish mobster, informant, etc...)

I always thought that it'd be fun to have a focus on Penguin being the brilliant criminal that is actually smarter than Batman that they say he is every now and then.
    Yeah, It always get's under my skin whenever people try and downplay poor Oswald to prop up overrated rogues like Black Mask.

Astonishing Member

• The Black Widow Batman
    • Calamity Jan Batman
    • Dr. Cassandra Spellcraft Batman
    • Lady Penelope Peasoup Batman
    • Lola Lasagne/Lulu Schultz Batman
    • Ma Parker Batman
    • Marsha, Queen of Diamonds Batman
    • Minerva Batman
    • Nora Clavicle Batman
    • Olga, Queen of the Cossacks Batman
    • The Siren/Lorelei Circe Batman
    • Zelda the Great Batman
    • Sugar Batman Forever
    • Spice Batman Forever
    • Ms B. Haven Batman & Robin
    • Baby Doll/Mary Dahl Batman: The Animated Series
    • Candice Batman: The Animated Series
    • Red Claw Batman: The Animated Series
    • The Phantasm Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    • The Calendar Girl/Page Monroe The New Batman Adventures
    • Emmylou Brown (Farmer Brown's Daughter) The New Batman Adventures
    • Roxy Rocket/Roxanne Sutton The New Batman Adventures
    • Dora Smithy Gotham Girls
    • Inque Batman Beyond
    • Curare Batman Beyond
    • The Dee Dees/Delia Dennis and Deidre Dennis Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    • Dr. Jane Blazedale The Batman
    • The Kabuki Twins The Batman
    • Smoke The Batman
    • Mrs. Manface Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    • Bethanie Ravencroft Beware the Batman
    • The Copperhead (Larissa Diaz) Gotham
    • The Firefly (Bridget Pike)[5] Gotham
    • Fish Mooney/Maria Mercedes Mooney Gotham
    • Lady Gotham
    • The Tigress (Tabitha Galavan)[1] Gotham
    • Lady Arkham Batman: The Telltale Series

Distaff foes from other media.

Surely some writer can imagine (re-imagine) something good with most of them.

Zelda the Great and Marsha were written fantastic in Batman '66 comic.

Some of the henchwomen form Batman '66 tv series were interesting characters too...and could be more interesting with the right writer.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 10-23-2020 at 05:32 AM.

^The Phantasm will be making her mainstream comic book debut in Batman/Catwoman and about damn time.

It would be fun if Lady Penelope Peasoup, Minerva, Lola Lasagna, Black Widow, Marsha Queen of Diamonds and Olga Queen of the Cossacks were made members of the Court of Owls with those being deliberately ridiculous codenames to hide their true identities. Crazy how many rich/aristocratic older lady villains Batman '66 had.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Yeah, It always get's under my skin whenever people try and downplay poor Oswald to prop up overrated rogues like Black Mask.
    Roman is a lot of fun (except for Wargames)
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ^The Phantasm will be making her mainstream comic book debut in Batman/Catwoman and about damn time.

It would be fun if Lady Penelope Peasoup, Minerva, Lola Lasagna, Black Widow, Marsha Queen of Diamonds and Olga Queen of the Cossacks were made members of the Court of Owls with those being deliberately ridiculous codenames to hide their true identities. Crazy how many rich/aristocratic older lady villains Batman '66 had.
    Now that you mention it... as a fan of Batman stories being collected by Villains (Batman Arkham Penguin etc) I want more women in that line. So far I can only think of Poison Ivy and Joker's Daughter among the rogues collected. It might be because Catwoman and Talia wouldn't be send to Arkham, though??
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 10-24-2020 at 07:31 AM.

I would be down for actual modern updates of the villains from the 60's show, including the women.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I definitely would like Black Widow since old lady villain for Batman are rare. There's Mother and... she's all I know.

Astonishing Member

That's a really good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I definitely would like Black Widow since old lady villain for Batman are rare. There's Mother and... she's all I know.
    Marvel has Black Widow...DC could have a Widow Black...maybe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be down for actual modern updates of the villains from the 60's show, including the women.
    Here's a list of some henchwomen with potential IMHO:

• Anna Gram [Riddler -Astin]
    • Betsy Boldface [Riddler]
    • Blaze [False Face]
    • Calamity Jan [Shame]
    • Chickadee [Penguin]
    • Cornelia [Joker]
    • Glacia Glaze [Freeze]
    • Lady Prudence Ffogg [Lord Ffogg]
    • Legs Parker [Ma Parker]
    • Lydia Limpet [Bookworm]
    • Millie Second [Clock King]
    • Miss Bacon [Egghead]
    • Miss Clean [Penguin]
    • Moth [Riddler]
    • Octavia [Minstrel]
    • Okie Annie [Shame]
    • Pussycat [Catwoman]

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    That's a really good idea!

Marvel has Black Widow...DC could have a Widow Black...maybe.
    They can always use the actress' name and make it Tallulah Black...no wait that's a Jonah Hex character

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There's also Anchoress who has great potential for Arkham based stories.

Astonishing Member

There's also Anchoress who has great potential for Arkham based stories.
    I loved the Anchoress...I thought I was the only one who remembered her.