View Poll Results: Which Batman villain should receive more attention?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ra's Al Ghul

5 5.05%
  • Two-Face

10 10.10%
  • The Penguin

7 7.07%
  • The Riddler

13 13.13%
  • The Scarecrow

12 12.12%
  • Bane

1 1.01%
  • Hugo Strange

10 10.10%
  • Poison Ivy

6 6.06%
  • Mr. Freeze

2 2.02%
  • Black Mask

2 2.02%
  • Talia Al Ghul

5 5.05%
  • Hush

2 2.02%
  • The Mad Hatter

12 12.12%
  • Clayface

1 1.01%
  • Other

11 11.11%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Dr Death or any villain that hasn’t been in a Bat movie yet.

Astonishing Member

Curaré

Inque

^^^Awesome! Since we can include villains from Batman Beyond, these would be My Top (3) Three choices:

Blight

Stalker

Payback

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-25-2021 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]^^^Awesome! Since we can include villains from Batman Beyond, these would be My Top (3) Three choices:
    We should be able to include Batman Beyond Villains.

If not, then Batman Beyond does not add to the Bat-Family Mythology...similar to how Legion of Super-Heroes is separate from the DC universe.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-25-2021 at 08:20 AM.

One more person has voted since I last did the numbers, so Scarecrow and Mad Hatter are tied for the lead with 10 votes each.

Hopefully all the Scarecrow voters are pleased with who's showing up in the latest Batman arc that started with issue #106:

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

2513192-20.jpgCan't think of a bad Jervis story post BTAS

Hush. In some big arc spanning a year or more.

I can't get enough of that spoiled murderous baby who cries Brucie got everything he wanted.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Riddler deserves someone to take a shot at trying to define him as a the smart villain he should be, and avoid the pitfalls of the death trap fiend or pathetic loser.

Someone should embrace the idea he’s maybe an ex-cop (like in the Arkham games and Gotham show) who simply knows all the cities dirty secrets, can deduce a thousand more, and is going to make a tidy profit and humiliate the city at the same time.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I feel like Riddler deserves someone to take a shot at trying to define him as a the smart villain he should be, and avoid the pitfalls of the death trap fiend or pathetic loser.

Someone should embrace the idea he’s maybe an ex-cop (like in the Arkham games and Gotham show) who simply knows all the cities dirty secrets, can deduce a thousand more, and is going to make a tidy profit and humiliate the city at the same time.
    I thought Snyder already tried something like that during Zero Year?
    Don't know how Tom King dealt with him in his "The War of Jokes and Riddles" arc, or whatever it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Red Claw

Despite a striking visual design, I thought she was the most bland, generic terrorist threat for Batman to confront. I guess I was not alone in this opinion since no one did anything with this character.

On DeviantArt, someone suggested that Nyssa Raatko would be a better fit for the Red Claw name. I agree...because I think the original Red Claw needs to lose the name 'Red Claw'...and the color red!

I don't care if she's called Lavender Rose; this villainess needs some attention in the form of revitalization.
    You would think DC would have her already incorporated in the regular continuity, but ended up being not the case. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.

All-New Member

Poison Ivy has so much potential. She had great depth and character development in comics like Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death, but I think recent comics have been lacking. She could also use a movie that treats her better than Schumacher's Batman and Robin.
    Last edited by Hippolyta; 03-07-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Jervis Tetch/ The Mad Hatter; he's such an underrated gem (and in my opinion is up there with the Joker and Professor Pyg as far Batman's most insane criminals go).

My answer to this question would typically be Scarecrow. I've been wishing for more of him for, really, decades. I love the dream/fear type stories, whether from Scarecrow or Dr. Destiny or the Black Mercy and I gravitate to the more emo stories more than I do the action-oriented ones so anything that reveals otherwise hidden emotions, fantasies, hopes, fears, nightmares, etc. is a winner with me. And we just haven't seen very much out of Scarecrow over the last several decades. He's almost been a C-list villain when I've always felt he should be an A-lister, especially in the world of Batman whose whole thing is to strike fear.

That said, since Scarecrow seems finally to be getting his due, I went with my strong second choice: Two-Face.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought Snyder already tried something like that during Zero Year?
    Don't know how Tom King dealt with him in his "The War of Jokes and Riddles" arc, or whatever it was called.
    Snyder *did* feature The Riddler as the main overall villain...

...But I’m talking about overhauling the way everyone approaches the character so he’s less a would-be know-it-all nerd, and more like a genuinely staggering intellect that even Batman has to be careful around.

I’d actually let him avoid capture a lot more often, maybe even “win” a few conflicts with Batman, but change it up so he’s a bit less likely to breakdown whenever Batman outsmarts or frustrates him - someone who can admit some defeats and just enjoy the sheer challenge rather than have a fit when his “superiority” isn’t proven, but thus also maintains a cooler head and more cunning mind, so that whenever Batman comes up against him, it’s more of a challenge itself.

I know the whiny nerd aspect is something people love, but I kind of want to see him leave other villains disquieted when he focuses on them, and being able to keep pace with or even get ahead of Batman occasionally would do that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

And with 81 people having now voted,
    * The Riddler = 11 votes
    * The Mad Hatter = 11 votes
    * The Scarecrow = 10 votes
    * Two-Face = 10 votes
    * The Penguin = 7 votes
    * Poison Ivy = 6 votes
    * Hugo Strange = 5 votes
    * Ra's Al Ghul = 4 votes
    * Talia Al Ghul = 4 votes

All other villains listed on the poll currently have fewer than four votes each.

NOTE: "Other" still has 8 votes at present.