Default Forrest Gump (film) versus Super Mario

Okay. I'll admit up front I thought this up, someway, somehow, while doing repetitive, mind-numbing counting of stock at work last night for retail inventory.

Anyways, Forrest Gump gets kidnapped by Bowser shortly after becoming a ping pong star. Seeing a mind that he could manipulate to do his bidding, Bowser gives him a mushroom to make him as tall as the koopa king, and places Forrest as a boss for Mario to fight in the midst of Super Mario World. Forrest now has a special ping pong paddle which he can use to launch bouncing bob-ombs at Mario that will either explode after a few seconds or instantly explode on contact. This, coupled with his natural speed and agility have Bowser confident he can take down the plumber.

Bloodlust is on for Forrest, and Mario knows he's gotta make it past this Tom Hanks lookalike one way or another.

BANNED

Forrest wins this one due to his insane ping pong skills.

BANNED

what are Forrest Gump's best feats? I heard much about this character, but never saw his movie. How does he stand up against someone who has tanked black holes and even a universal big-bang without any scratches in Super Mario Galaxy and fights armies of superhuman opponents?

all of this is assuming this is a serious thread.

Mighty Member

Super Mario World Mario doesn't have any feats like those, and is vulnerable to being touched by his normal enemies. I think Forrest's ping pong skills are easily capable of hitting Mario with a Bob-om.

Depends on if the toonforcy cutscenes count for Mario or not, really (and they continue in that style the most recent sidescroller as part of plot progression, so they might be legit).

BANNED

Wait a minute, forgot to read the OP much closer, you made this Super Mario World Mario?

He still has a feat of erasing a castle with a mop and stomping them to the ground in cutscenes. And if he has his feather power-up he could just continuously deflect all the ping-pongs back at him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileMan35 View Post
    Forrest wins this one due to his insane ping pong skills.
    Let's not forget his supernatural ability to project himself into major historical events of his lifetime that we don't seem to recall his being at. So, probably, time travel. [I am joking].