Default Voldemort and Palpitine switch places

Both men switch places, six months before Phantom Menace and Philosophers Stone. They both get each others memories and spear as each other to everyone in their memories. There underlings will respect their new masters. How do they do? what changes?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Palpatine is therefore dead, since Voldemort existed only as a spirit at that point. Palpatine has no feats for surviving being de-bodied.

Voldemort has some massive advantages that Palpatine lacks - he's a much better at mind control, can completely hide himself from non-magic (which is everyone) people with a spell a schoolboy (and schoolSue) can pull off, can make his hideouts unfindable the same way, can fly, can teleport, can kill as easily and with someone nobody can resist...

He has every advantage he needs to do AT LEAST as well as Sidious, and likely much better.

Unfortunately, assuming that he's still Voldemort inside, he's a Hitler-level hyper-precise racist/classist with the obsessive compulsion to act on his prejudices - which include killing/enslaving even people of his preferred race/class if those people dare to disagree with him. In a galaxy with thousands of races all working and living together, and NOBODY ELSE in his "superior" class, he probably burns out and goes even more batshit crazy within those six months.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Palpatine is therefore dead, since Voldemort existed only as a spirit at that point. Palpatine has no feats for surviving being de-bodied.
    If we talk EU for the sake of the argument, he actually has feats for that, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    If we talk EU for the sake of the argument, he actually has feats for that, exactly.
    Unfortunately EU got completely erased, so it's not even the slightly canon it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    let's lend him those feats

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Giving him EU feats probably swings this pretty far in the other direction. I'm no expert on EU Star Wars, but I've seen some pretty insane feats given in those cases.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Giving him EU feats probably swings this pretty far in the other direction. I'm no expert on EU Star Wars, but I've seen some pretty insane feats given in those cases.
    Eh, basically Palpatine is a little insane with his force abilities than the ones you've seen in the films.

I mean, what with being able to transfer his soul (or life essence, whatever) in clone bodies or other people, being a master lightsaber duelist who is faster that what the average eye can see, and summoning storms that can wipe out space fleets...Man was Dark Empire a crazy ass story.

Then there's that talk I hear from people where one of the RPG books said he was a master of all known force powers and is capable of making new ones if he felt like it, mind raping an entire planet while taking their life force slowly...I don't know, it's like the guy is the most broken of Sith Lords in the Star Wars EU (and this is a verse that had a guy wiping out a planet just by being there sucking the life of the people there).

EU Force Users considered the best are...Very powerful and makes the feats of the films look tame as Hell (like Yoda lifting an X-Wing in Empire Strikes Back...While in the EU he is capable of slamming two ships with TK with ease).