Page 1 of 121 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Rumbler's League 2014 - Fall: Discussion Thread

Do not use this thread as a general chat thread, please keep the topic on the League.

Rules

Registration and Preparation

1. There are no more than 12 Team slots available, though 6 Teams would be enough for a good League game.
    2. If you think you might be interested in joining, make it be known here.
    3. Depending on the Number of Players, the League Tournament might run anywhere from 5 to 11 weeks.
    4. If you cannot commit to participating during that time, you have until a week before the Draft to back out and give your slot to someone else.
    5. Please be considerate and let me know if you intend to drop out, for any reason. Or even if you have other problems that might get in the way of your participation.
    6. If you have never participated in a League Tournament before, I strongly encourage you to attempt to team up with an experienced player for your first League Season. It is not required, but strongly recommended.

Team Selection and Purchasing

1. All Teams will be chosen During the Draft.
    2. Do not post any information about your desired team ahead of time. Keep it to yourself as a secret until the time of the Draft.
    3. Everyone gets 125 credits to use towards purchasing a team during the Draft.
    4. Everyone is limited to no more than 2 - 10 credit draft/item purchases during the initial draft.
    5. Everyone who participates gets 3 credits per week to spend on their teams once the tournament begins.
    6. Once the Tournament begins, every player may choose to purchase an additional 2 – 10 credit draft/item for their team
    7. 4 - 10 credit draft/item per team maximum
    8. Team size – Minimum of 5 team members / Maximum of no more than 12 team members [Does not include characters or items that can clone/reproduce themselves. Permanent fusing of two characters counts as 1 character.].
    9. Once Teams are selected, a Reference Thread will be posted where each player can post their team
    10. During the Tournament, Purchases can be made at any time, but are not required. Any purchase made after Friday cannot be used in the following week. Each Week runs from Saturday to Friday.

Game Play

1. All Strategies must be submitted the night before the posting of the matches. If no strategy is received, that counts as a Void
    2. All Matches will be posted together on Tuesday of each week, and each Match will last 3 days.
    3. All Voids receive no points for that week. Their scheduled opponent receives an automatic win as long as they submit a Strategy.
    4. Voiding in the two weeks without explanation could result in being dropped from the Tournament.
    5. Winners will be determined by votes.
    6. Debate and defending you team is not required, but it is strongly recommended. Most matches in the past have been won based on who makes the best defense.
    7. All players must make an honest effort to vote on each match. If a player chronically refuses to vote on any match but their own, they may be subject to a 1 point deduction per-week.
    8. Non-participants may vote in the Tournament matches, But only as long as they join in the discussions and/or explain why they voted as they did.
    9. Votes by Non-participants who do not post in the match/debate threads will not be counted.

Other

1. During the Draft, each player gets to choose one Arena. Once the required number of Arenas has been chosen from the list, they will be randomly assigned one-per-week. No duplicating of Arenas.
    2. Schedule will be set in 3 to 4 weeks, as soon as enough players have registered. Official start time and date of Draft will be set at that time as well.
    3. Feel free to ask questions and check out the Wiki.
    4. The GM reserves the right to moderate this Tournament as She sees fit. [yes, She ]

Links

New Rumbler's League Wiki

Rumbler's League Wiki Home Page

Draft, Item and Arena Lists Updates

Draft Thread

Team Reference

Shopping Thread

For Future Reference

List of Registered Players

• Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    • Primetime Harder
    • Dalak
    • Charlotte DeBel
    • Cthulhu of R'lyeh
    • Estrecca
    • Darth Drizzle
    • Holacik
    • The MunchKING
    • Bobisbeast
    • Tami

This Discussion Thread is where you ask questions, learn about the League, register for the league and discuss matches once the League begins.

Do Not Post Team Information Here!
    Last edited by Tami; 11-22-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I'm in. Team Cleric rides once more!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I want in on this action as well. A new Primetime for a new League.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

I'm still in, I've got several ideas for a monstrous new team after a season to get used to how things are running now.

I'm in Got a lot of ideas to try

Cthulhu's in.

Mighty Member

I am tentatively in.

In regards to discussion of future additions and whatnot, some stream of thought things.

DRAFT
    Anubis Avatar Jackal (Gargoyles) 8 - Remove. Replae with "Power of Anubis (Gargoyles) 8"
    Genocide (DC) 10 - Evil Wonder Woman zombie, with massive emotional-emp powers thanks to inbuilt lasso of truth.
    One of the Halliwells is an eight. Seems expensive.
    Unus the Untouchable is double listed as a 5 and a 3.
    Madara Uchiha (and Naruto characters in general) need adjustment
    Kaguya (Naruto) 8-9
    Mary Embey (Hancock) 7 – Should be same or higher than Hancock.
    Mother Mercy (DC) RIngless. Add if not already there.
    General revision of Star Wars characters
    Tyrek (MLP)
    Celestia is a 5, wut?
    Rukia is a 5, wut? Make that general revision of Bleach characters. At least, Zaraki needs heavy modification.

STORE
    Exposure to Futurist's Evolution Accelerator (Marvel) 8
    Ivankov's Gender Change Hormones (One Piece) 1
    Power of Anubis (Gargoyles) 7-8
    Juubi Senjutsu (Naruto) 8 (?)
    Obito's Sharingan Eye (Naruto) 6-7
    Orochimaru's Edo Tensei Summoning Contract (Hokages).
    Power of the Alicorn Princesses (MLP)
    Trigon's Psychic Empowering (origin of Psimon's powers) (DC) 7-8

As for WUTs in general - I feel they belong here and not in this thread:
    http://community.comicbookresources....-Lists-Updates
    So let's keep them separate. I'm going to list my WTFs here
    Archangelic Possession from Supernatural either lifted to 9 (or even 10) from 8 or divided into tiers. Gabriel-level shall be 9 and Michael/Lucifer level shall be 10. Not all archangels in the verse were created equal, and hodge-podging it into a single pool of feats make no sense.
    Saint Killer Guns down to 8-10. Yes, it's a pair of guns that kills everything, but in the end it's just this. A pair of guns.

Mighty Member

In other news, I also have some concerns about the Mobius Chair. It is sufficiently powerful that I can see an argument of it being past 10.

In related New God news, I have an eye in Lightray as a potential 10. He is a lightspeed-or-whereabouts character with pretty massive energy manipulation/projection powers and if his standard equipment makes him too much, we can always specify that he doesn't get a Mother Box.

Please people, I beg you do not list draft items here on this thread!! I made a separate thread for a reason. Don't make me upset over this. Please!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Please people, I beg you do not list draft items here on this thread!! I made a separate thread for a reason. Don't make me upset over this. Please!
    *facepalm x5*

Okay. I misread the OP of the other thread.

I thought you wanted to keep the other thread just for the consolidated posts of additions. Moving things over there now.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Im in on this one.

September 15th is the earliest I can see the League Tournament beginning, as of now. But that is subject to revision.

I think I can enter this, if you will have me.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    I think I can enter this, if you will have me.
    You still have a couple of weeks to be certain, but if you think you can do it then sure. Of course you're welcome.