Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1815

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Yes. Given how Power Cosmic in comic version was removed\neutered, Ion stands out as an artifact from Speedforce Dormammu times.
    There's probably arguments against several other 10's as well, though I plan on purchasing at least one, myself...

Cthulhu is a shameless God.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There's probably arguments against several other 10's as well, though I plan on purchasing at least one, myself...

Cthulhu is a shameless God.
    If it's Sodam Yat Ion, I'm OK with it. Kyle version seemed to be an artifact.

Something I wanted to suggest for later seasons:

Make it so that items that aren't unique in their home universes can be bought multiple time by different teams. As a random example it would mean that more than one team could have a GL ring, but not the Hollow. (They would still be restricted to a single instance of an item per team of course.)

I think it would help reduce the "I must draft a generic telepathy defense item highly despite the fact that it's not really exciting because otherwise my team is screwed" factor, while still forcing each team to be fairly unique because most really powerful items will still be restricted to single drafting.

Thoughts?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Something I wanted to suggest for later seasons:

Make it so that items that aren't unique in their home universes can be bought multiple time by different teams. As a random example it would mean that more than one team could have a GL ring, but not the Hollow. (They would still be restricted to a single instance of an item per team of course.)

Thoughts?
    Then we'll have ten thousand Green/Yellow/Red Lanterns running around.

Possibly PPG analouges (Professor X had a crap ton of Chemical X just sitting around in his basement), Ummmmm... Speed force was hardly unique (though we dropped that one, I'm using it to illustrate a point), UOs don't HAVE a canonical linked-to universe so we can't judge their uniqueness, "Accidents" involving weird chemicals may or may not be repeatable In-universe, I don't know about the Bio Boosted Guiver armor, but I bet everyone will want that, etc.

It seems like it would leave the League open to back sliding into "find the 'I Win' item of the League and Everybody HAS TO buy it". And it seems like it would make things just a little bit harder for new people to get.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Accidents would be unique obviously, unless they were specifically reproduced in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    It seems like it would leave the League open to back sliding into "find the 'I Win' item of the League and Everybody HAS TO buy it".
    I, huh, fail to see how this is markedly worse from "find the 'I Win' item of the League and one person drafts it and wins".

Accidents would be unique obviously, unless they were specifically reproduced in-universe.
    Well the point is still that Lantern Rings become mandatory, and people who don't read GL comics are screwed.

I, huh, fail to see how this is markedly worse from "find the 'I Win' item of the League and one person drafts it and wins".
    Because the other teams can still have wins or losses against all the other teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well the point is still that Lantern Rings become mandatory
    Why? They don't particularly make a team unbeatable by people without them.

For me the idea is as much how creative you can be in creating and using characters and item/powerups to create powerful combos. That sense of creativity gets lost when everyone has superman with a green Lantern ring and the flash's superspeed. I perfer to pare down the lists to remove redundant characters and items/powerups. It's not entirely about winning, though winning great, it's about being clever and creative.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It becomes an arms race, he's got a power ring so I need a power ring. It's human nature to want what the other guy has in hopes it insures your win.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Which would totally be a great sentiment if not for the fact that we're drafting, so if you're in the middle of drafting your fun combo and someone buys a part of it you're screwed because there are no other generic effect of that kind on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It becomes an arms race, he's got a power ring so I need a power ring. It's human nature to want what the other guy has in hopes it insures your win.
    If your argument is "We as players will be dumb about it.", it's not a particularly complimentary thought regarding the quality of the league.

I prefer to think that people will just draft a GL ring if their team needs it, not because the other team has it.

Supernova blocking autoshields, that can apparently be done even by rookies?

Feats of it turning magic and/or psychic power into whatever the Green Lantern wanted?

I seem to remember some crazy feats got thrown around in the earlier leagues.

If an item actually made a team unbeatable, then it should have been removed, not limited to one team having access to it.

Which would totally be a great sentiment if not for the fact that we're drafting, so if you're in the middle of drafting your fun combo and someone buys a part of it you're screwed because there are no other generic effect of that kind on the list.
    That's why I'm not for eliminating redundant items (unless they are the same item renamed), but don't think every one needs to be toting Superman clones with Green Lantern rings.

I don't think it's really much of a problem but okay.

Make it so that 6 or 7 cost items and below are draftable by multiple teams then? Keeps the spirit of what I intended, avoids your fear of Superman GL.

And if a 7 or less costed item breaks the league I think we have bigger problems than just multiple buys of the same item.