Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1815
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    And if a 7 or less costed item breaks the league I think we have bigger problems than just multiple buys of the same item.
    Wasn't the Subtle Knife a 3 when it broke the League?

We've had big problems.

That said, I'll say that helps carve off the worst of the abuse.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Well, the Subtle Knife didn't really break the league. It was just a good way to let people murder the superkryptonians that were running around because of Exo-Genes which did break that league.

It wouldn't have been as big a deal in a healthier environment.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That's why I'm not for eliminating redundant items (unless they are the same item renamed), but don't think every one needs to be toting Superman clones with Green Lantern rings.
    Agree with you here, Munch.

That said though, your original complaint was having to fast-draft the anti-telepath gear. I'm pretty sure Magneto only ever had the one helmet (that was explicitly anti-telepathy), and under normal D&D rules it would take an epic level caster to make a Ring of Mind Blank, ensuring if they existed at all they would be phenomenally rare as well.

So how does that help?

That was just a random example.

Oh. Well Fair enough then.

That said though, your original complaint was having to fast-draft the anti-telepath gear. I'm pretty sure Magneto only ever had the one helmet (that was explicitly anti-telepathy), and under normal D&D rules it would take an epic level caster to make a Ring of Mind Blank, ensuring if they existed at all they would be phenomenally rare as well.

So how does that help?
    There are Anti-Telepathy Earplugs (7) (hope I remembered the name of the item properly) that are bog standard SHIELD tech. Probably those were implied. But then, any top tier Marvel TP user has a feat or two of working against this bog standard tech.

Those were SHIELD tech? I could never find any feats for them when I looked them up.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I'm fine with Multiple items.

The problem was with the Sandals if Hermes and the Subtle Knife when they were first used. Since they were cheap and people were claiming higher powers than they had literally everyone wanted or bought them because it was cheap and powerful and nobody was going to question your use of them because they also had said items.

I dont think we will go that route again in the future because there are A Lot more items in the store now, and since it's been done already to death simply copying another teams iyem buys/your opponents item buys will be obvious and redundant.

Those were SHIELD tech? I could never find any feats for them when I looked them up.
    Astonishing X-Men v.3, first arc (issues 1-6). The mooks of the bad guy du jour use them to block Emma Frost TP - and successful at it, so while Emma is able to tell that the anti-psi device is used, the device has to be physically removed (by Wolverine cutting off ears of poor mooks) for TP to work. Given how Emma made a rep of bypassing various psi-defenses, that's pretty high end for bog standard tech.
    Later on she does work through SHIELD defenses in some cases. Maybe she practiced with this particular wavelength...maybe inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post

The problem was with the Sandals if Hermes and the Subtle Knife when they were first used. Since they were cheap and people were claiming higher powers than they had literally everyone wanted or bought them because it was cheap and powerful and nobody was going to question your use of them because they also had said items.

I dont think we will go that route again in the future because there are A Lot more items in the store now, and since it's been done already to death simply copying another teams iyem buys/your opponents item buys will be obvious and redundant.
    I wanted to buy Sandals for Emma, but then decided that with no proof of it increasing reaction speed by significant degree I'll better stick with what I know.

But in any case - the Earplugs are BAD IDEA to use against somebody who has BOTH TP and TK. Unless you have a TK blocker as well, even one earplug out of two being removed spells mindrape grade bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post

Well, like I said the Subtle Knife mostly seemed dominant because that particular League was filled to the brim with invulnerable people, so a fairly cheap (at the time, I think we overprice it now as a sort of over-reaction) item that bypassed durability was a good workaround.

In today's League where we mostly have people who are not only durable but also require other things than just regular stabbing to be killed, it wouldn't have nearly as much of an impact even if it was a 3 pointer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Well, like I said the Subtle Knife mostly seemed dominant because that particular League was filled to the brim with invulnerable people, so a fairly cheap (at the time, I think we overprice it now as a sort of over-reaction) item that bypassed durability was a good workaround.

In today's League where we mostly have people who are not only durable but also require other things than just regular stabbing to be killed, it wouldn't have nearly as much of an impact even if it was a 3 pointer again.
    Didn't it do something else other than "stabbity thing that bypasses durability"? IMO "Subtler Yet" edge is more broken thing - anti-BFR and all this, unless I overestimate it.

The "3 points stabbity thing that bypasses durability" does exist in current League - C'Tan Phase Weapon, though it doesn't do anything but being stabbity and bypassing durability.