Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Are you committed to at MINIMUM sending in a strategy every week? Probably including at least one day of debating your side as well? Preferably reading everyone else's strategies and arguments, so you may vote intelligently on their matches also?
    I have nothing but time for the next few months.

And look at the brght side—you all get to a novice to kick around.

I have no ego, so I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post

None of us do.

Hereabouts, the only Ego is this one:

Ego's zits are blueberries the size of mountain ranges!

Lots of cosmic anti-oxidant power there.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    None of us do.

Hereabouts, the only Ego is this one:
    Bah!! Mine's bigger than THAT!!

That's what HE said!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

A few pointers, tips, and suggestions you are free to ignore:

1) Use the search to check out old matches - It'll give a better idea of how things work than any summary and give you an idea of any questions you might want to ask and the tactics/style of battles that occur in the League.

2) PIS Counts for the League - SMvsFL is still out, but Deathstroke's Velocity 9 is an 8 point item. Don't throw it out entirely, but take ultra-high-end feats with a grain of salt if they aren't keeping in line with the characters other showings.

3) If you can, take the time to wait on voting in another's match til the last day/last few hours. Real Life stuff like work and family matters and all of course take priority and if you have to vote early or risk not voting by all means vote, but just in case an argument or scan that popped up later might have changed your mind it's best to give it what time you feel comfortable with.

4) Near-Lightspeed is the usual speed these matches are decided at due to usual draft choices and playstyles, so chose your characters/items with that in mind. having your team capable of defending against/coming back from dimension dumps, time tricks, magical mayhem, teleportation tactics, and psychic shenanigans is also highly recommended.

5) Don't ask questions about specific items/characters you are interested in drafting if you can avoid it. Try to keep your questions ones more about general strategy or tactics. This will help keep others from drafting something/one you are interested in, but won't prevent it happening randomly.

6) If you have any questions at all, people here will be more than willing to answer them so don't hesitate.

Is this filled up?

And if not, is it open to new forum members?

If no to one and yes to two, I'd like to join.
    You know what, you can take my place, keep teams even. Things busying up unexpectedly on my end, and since we seem stuck for who knows how long, may as well not bother. Maybe next time.

Nonetheless, leaving my suggestions in additions thread, to add in if you all like.

Well, firstly, I see a lot of characters and fictions I'm unfamiliar with.

Basically, I know Marvel, DC, Supernatural, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who and Firefly. In regard to amine, manga and the various card games, I'm totally and completely clueless.

Could someone direct me to the character list? I need to ascertain if there are enough characters that I know such that I can assemble a team from amongst them.

Basically, I know Marvel, DC, Supernatural, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who and Firefly. In regard to amine, manga and the various card games, I'm totally and completely clueless.

Could someone direct me to the character list? I need to ascertain if there are enough characters that I know such that I can assemble a team from amongst them.
    The character list is being reworked. As soon as it's fully up I'll let everyone know. And yes, you lucked out, due to the delay there is still time for new entries,

Now is a good time to ask questions and become familiar with the rules.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    You know what, you can take my place, keep teams even. Things busying up unexpectedly on my end, and since we seem stuck for who knows how long, may as well not bother. Maybe next time.

Nonetheless, leaving my suggestions in additions thread, to add in if you all like.
    I think we should have things worked out by the end of this month, but if you can't do it this time I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The character list is being reworked. As soon as it's fully up I'll let everyone know. And yes, you lucked out, due to the delay there is still time for new entries,

Now is a good time to ask questions and become familiar with the rules.
    Perhaps someone can give me a link to an older match so that I can have some idea of what I might be getting in for?
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 10-16-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Estrecca, if your RL issues drastically cut down your online time, I think we can postpone our exhibition match to whenever it is convenient to you. Or declare it a technical draw altogether...

Yes, I forgot about this, between RL, other online stuff and tinkering with the Wikidot replacement.

Name a day that is good for you. I'll make do or you'll get your (much deserved) win when something prevents me from participating.

http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/ While it won't be updated there anymore as we are moving to another site, it has links to the draft and item lists as well as a basic run down of the rules.

Perhaps someone can give me a link to an older match so that I can have some idea of what I might be getting in for?
    It's just as simple as going to the main CBR forum and using the 'Search Forum' link in the upper right area. I just tested it and 'Rumbler's League' brought up tons of old matches. Too bad we can't look up matches from other past tournaments anymore.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

HA! I've got the exact opposite problem. I don't know all these obscure Marvel/DC guys or all these live-action shows I never watched, but I have seen a lot of cartoons and read a lot of the books to get the book characters.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/ While it won't be updated there anymore as we are moving to another site, it has links to the draft and item lists as well as a basic run down of the rules.

It's just as simple as going to the main CBR forum and using the 'Search Forum' link in the upper right area. I just tested it and 'Rumbler's League' brought up tons of old matches. Too bad we can't look up matches from other past tournaments anymore.
    Um, how? Everything was washed away, there shouldn't be anything there to search for.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post

Yes, I forgot about this, between RL, other online stuff and tinkering with the Wikidot replacement.

Name a day that is good for you. I'll make do or you'll get your (much deserved) win when something prevents me from participating.
    I've sent my strat long ago to Tami, so...whenever it convenient for you.
    Anyways, my RL is not fun and games either - work, proposal from my boyfriend etc, so I can sympathize with you and leave the determination of schedule to you, as my strat is in Tami's inbox and can be posted by her anytime it's convenient.