Mighty Member

Default Handbooks are back

Well a few to understand the players of the Event. llike Empyre , This Wednesday the X-men Event and King in Black.
    I aways liked the Handbooks

Good to know that when this silly internet fad dies out we'll have something to fall back on......

I've always been a sucker for handbooks, even if the internet arguably makes them unnecessary.

Still miss the old handbooks from the 80's. Pre-wikipedia, they were worth their weight in gold for comic book fans like me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've always been a sucker for handbooks, even if the internet arguably makes them unnecessary.

Still miss the old handbooks from the 80's. Pre-wikipedia, they were worth their weight in gold for comic book fans like me.
    Even with the internet, the Handbooks are still a valuable resource. A lot of the online character profiles out there are incomplete or out of date, or for some characters just don't exist at all because no one has bothered to create them yet. The Handbooks sum it all up for you in one place and sometimes provide a bit of extra detail, smoothing out continuity glitches, etc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There was also a handbook for Spider-Geddon that updated the statuses of not only Spider-Man himself, but a lot of other Spider-Man-related characters, including Spider-Men and Women from other realities, and even his (surviving) clones.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I love the handbooks as long as the info and power grids are correct!

I really wish those handbooks also included the metric system in the stats. That would benefit readers from the rest of the world.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Love the handbooks. Loved the gijoe, and transformers ones marvel did also. Shame marvel didn't do a star wars handbook in the 80s. Plus marvel can talk about non owned ip's like dr who, alf, shogun warriors, and rom in the handbook info for each hero.

They were a great way for new readers to learn about that hero and had art for each hero. They even had a "book of dead" but half of them are alive again today!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Boisterously Confused

The old OHOTMU really put some skull sweat into making the powers at least sound like the were scientifically possible, no matter how much they weren't. I seem to recall Cyclops' being very extensive for a dude that (at that point) just soaked up sunlight and blasted it out of his eyes.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

My favorite part was actually when my favorite artist would do the drawings. I'm sure I traced over Paul Smith's Rogue 100 times to try to learn to draw like him.