Default Spidey Writer Sunday: Peter David

Nobody did this last week.
    Oh well, let's appreciate the work of someone who wrote a lot of engaging and entertaining Spidey stories, most famous of his work is the story that killed off previous Watanabe Yuri and made Daredevil finally admit to Peter Parker that he's the blind lawyer Spidey wanted to toss out of his office window to prove he's Daredevil in the Stan Lee era.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

He also created Miguel O'Hara (who is better than 90% of the current spiders). His run on the characther is enjoyable for the most part althougth sometimes i call his charactherization of Peter into question (still works 90s of the time), by the way we all remember him for Jean DeWolf death, but the sequel of that story (and the end of his run) is pretty solid. Still i think that my favorite story by him is the Edge of Time videogame, Miguel and Peter's banter is awesome.

Miguel: Don't use made up words.
    Peter: Of course, what the "shock" was i thinking?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He also created Miguel O'Hara (who is better than 90% of the current spiders). His run on the characther is enjoyable for the most part althougth sometimes i call his charactherization of Peter into question (still works 90s of the time), by the way we all remember him for Jean DeWolf death, but the sequel of that story (and the end of his run) is pretty solid. Still i think that my favorite story by him is the Edge of Time videogame, Miguel and Peter's banter is awesome.

Miguel: Don't use made up words.
    Peter: Of course, what the "shock" was i thinking?
    He wrote Edge of Time?

I guess he got to do his Alchemax Peter story after all.

BANNED

PAD is one of the biggest and most influential writers of Spider-Man, and among the most prolific, to never actually write ASM.

-- He wrote "The Commuter Commuteth" maybe the most influential fill-in issue ever, with its gimmick and main hook adapted beat for beat in Spider-Man Homecoming.
    -- He wrote "The Death of Jean deWolff" which as we can see in the last 10 issues or so of Spencer's run, has become a major story in Spider-Man history.
    -- His Mysterio story in his run on FNSM is important to Spencer as well as is some of the tie-in issues he did with Spider-Man in Avengers tower that Slott referred to.
    -- He wrote Spider-Man 2099, the first major legacy character for Spider-Man (in 1992), that went for many issues, and became a major costume and look for Spider-Man and influenced a couple of video games and appeared in the end of Into the Spider-Verse (with a potential for a bigger role in the sequels).
    -- And now he came back with Symbiote Spider-Man, Untold Tales style stories that have had popularity and staying power.

You can rank PAD alongside JMD in that regard, as well as Paul Jenkins and Bill Mantlo.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He wrote Edge of Time?

Yeah, that was him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He wrote Edge of Time?

He did, and after reading the entirety of volume 1 of Spidey 2099 it makes sense for him to be the villain considering the dialogue of the C.E.O behind the shadows in that volume. But I think what Dan Slott did with making Liz Allen a co-founder/partner of Alchemax while Peter was busy with other stuff made the story of Edge of Time a complete alternate history.

It's funny that both Peter Parker (in that game) and Doctor Doom (in Iron Man 250-251) met their future selves, and didn't like what they've become.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Astonishing Member

The two Symbiote Spider-Man limited series were awesome and are recent comic books by Peter David.
    He is a writer that writes quite well the characterisations of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    PAD is one of the biggest and most influential writers of Spider-Man, and among the most prolific, to never actually write ASM.

-- He wrote "The Commuter Commuteth" maybe the most influential fill-in issue ever, with its gimmick and main hook adapted beat for beat in Spider-Man Homecoming.
    -- He wrote "The Death of Jean deWolff" which as we can see in the last 10 issues or so of Spencer's run, has become a major story in Spider-Man history.
    -- His Mysterio story in his run on FNSM is important to Spencer as well as is some of the tie-in issues he did with Spider-Man in Avengers tower that Slott referred to.
    -- He wrote Spider-Man 2099, the first major legacy character for Spider-Man (in 1992), that went for many issues, and became a major costume and look for Spider-Man and influenced a couple of video games and appeared in the end of Into the Spider-Verse (with a potential for a bigger role in the sequels).
    -- And now he came back with Symbiote Spider-Man, Untold Tales style stories that have had popularity and staying power.

You can rank PAD alongside JMD in that regard, as well as Paul Jenkins and Bill Mantlo.
    Sad that PAD never got a chance to write the main title, but I agree with you about how influential & prolific he is.

My personal favorite will always be...

"Cult of Love"
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Cult_of_Love

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-14-2020 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sad that PAD never got a chance to write the main title, but I agree with you about how influential & prolific he is.

My personal favorite will always be...

"Cult of Love"
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Cult_of_Love
    This story is awesome indeed.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE