Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I wonder what Kindred really wants. Unless I'm mistaken, he never once said he wanted Peter dead. Kindred wants Spider-Man to pay for his sins, to face the truth together.

In other words, he wants Peter to suffer from a mistake he has made in the past - a mistake that he may very well not be aware of.

What mistakes could Peter have made that he does not remember? At the moment only OMD comes to my mind.

perhaps Kindred was created as a result of Mephisto's manipulation of time, suspended between life and death because of Parker's decision in OMD? this theory would fit Harry and Pre-OMD Peter. Maybe Kindred has some deal with Mephisto, to get Peters soul into hell.
    Because it’s the thing readers really care about.

Maybe we, the readers were Kindred all along, wanting to see Peter deal with all the problems in his life

Astonishing Member

In case 616's Gwen is involved, we should consider if she really died after the whole Clone Conspiracy's thing.

It would be interesting if 616's Gwen and Spider-Gwen meets face to face; considering how Peter asked her what she would like he do if she was the 616's Gwen Stacy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    In case 616's Gwen is involved, we should consider if she really died after the whole Clone Conspiracy's thing.

It would be interesting if 616's Gwen and Spider-Gwen meets face to face; considering how Peter asked her what she would like he do if she was the 616's Gwen Stacy.

From what I recall Spider-Gwen did meet Gwen, and abducted and impersonated her during Clone Conspiracy. Captain Stacy picks up immediately she isnt the 616 Gwen.

BANNED

If Kindred turns out to be Gwen, (I hope not) then it will be that Pete actually CAUSED the death of Gwen by snapping her neck when he webbed her when she was falling. It's been insinuated that was the case for years but if Spencer goes with Gwen then she would confirm that as being the case/ The dark secret Pete has buried all these years...

I hope it's not Gwen

Astonishing Member

Maybe we, the readers were Kindred all along, wanting to see Peter deal with all the problems in his life
    I'm gonna agree with you on this.

Well, Gwenpool is somewhat used to represent the audience, so I guess Kindred has been her all along

Anyways, honestly, Gwen would fall under a "too obvious" category like Harry, hope it's not her.

If it is her though, hope Spencer at least uses that to add something to her character instead of some bullshit like Sins Past did with the cheating, and also explain why everyone aware of Kindred calls him a "he", my personal theory for that is that characters only know the last name, so "Stacy" can make you assume Kindred is a man.

It's also worth keeping in mind that Kindred says "It's not about who I am, it's about what I want", so whoever it turns out to be, seems like it won't matter too much, which, I honestly can get behind, if the only thing that matters about Kindred is knowing who he is, then there's not much to him to begin with, and that'd suck, so making him have a character beyond that would be nice, which if that's supposed to be the case, then Spencer really should start doing that because all Kindred did was harass Spidey and talk about vague plans, and that's not being a character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    From what I recall Spider-Gwen did meet Gwen, and abducted and impersonated her during Clone Conspiracy. Captain Stacy picks up immediately she isnt the 616 Gwen.
    They didn't have a "cordial meeting". I mean, when Gwen's body was starting to degenerate, Peter and her saw Spider-Gwen saving Kaine from falling. She didn't know her counterpart had spider-powers, so it would be interesting for them to have the chance to talk, face to face.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Being a Mets fan.
    As a Yankee fan who grew up near Forest Hills I can agree 100%

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That’s petty even by Fandom standards...
    Not if you are a Yankees fan. Same for rooting for the Red Sox. NY Rangers, Cowboys, Ohio State, Michigan Ravens or every team the Islanders, Steelers Penn State and of Course Yankees hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Anyways, honestly, Gwen would fall under a "too obvious" category like Harry, hope it's not her.
    Agree.

However, I wonder if the truth that Peter has to face is that he killed Gwen. Hear me out:

Osborn threw her off the bridge, ok. But it was Peter's web that caused the infamous snap.

Marvel's adding and removing that word in its publication history may symbolize Peter's rejection of blame in some way - "it was a goblin, not me! There was nothing I could do!"

If Kindred is Gwen, maybe that's his big sin. Perhaps Osborn referring to this in # 850 is some kind of clue?

I don't mind Kindred being Gwen, but it would render Clone Conspiracy usless.

Agree.

However, I wonder if the truth that Peter has to face is that he killed Gwen. Hear me out:

Osborn threw her off the bridge, ok. But it was Peter's web that caused the infamous snap.

Marvel's adding and removing that word in its publication history may symbolize Peter's rejection of blame in some way - "it was a goblin, not me! There was nothing I could do!"

If Kindred is Gwen, maybe that's his big sin. Perhaps Osborn referring to this in # 850 is some kind of clue?
    That would be some awkward meta commentary with the snap representing his guiltyness over that because, Peter consistently blamed himself for it, and it'd be awkward if he didn't at some point, because he still blames himself for uncle Ben's death, it's insane he does because all he did was not stop some random thief, meanwhile, Gwen is by comparison way more direct because he was there, he could have saved her, but he failed, so I don't think that would work well at all, because at best Peter blamed Norman for it, but still felt responsible for failing.

It's also worth pointing out that Kindred vaguely talks about something that Peter screwed up and forgot about, it definitely can't be Gwen.

Would be funny if it's a character that died which Peter consistently doesn't think much about, like George Stacy, or Charlemagne, Jean DeWolfe could be a case too I think, but Sin Eater being around makes that less likely.

I don't mind Kindred being Gwen, but it would render Clone Conspiracy usless.
    And rather awkward because Kindred resurrected Mysterio to try to do **** with Peter and just got sick of waiting, meaning that Kindred probably has been around since that comic Peter David did back during Civil War.

Then again, while clones usually have the soul of those who had died, which is something Spencer confirmed, CC also has clones of people who are alive, most noticeably Prowler, so the Gwen clone could be just that, a clone, so whatever development that Gwen went through, if Kindred is her, then Kindred wouldn't have gone through that mini character development since it wasn't the original's soul.

Also just a random reminder that the clones having the soul of the originals wasn't anywhere near CC, in fact, characters talk about clones like they're not the originals in any way, but are still people, this is something Peter David started with Ben's comic, which Spencer confirmed with Billy.