Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    The upcoming arc and creative team is effectively a relaunch already, though I do agree it could use a little more promotion. Could include a renumbering (would certainly help) however interviews, new art, adverts etc can all help build similar buzz without it, just look at Batgirl.

That said there is a chance the new team is only a fill-in before a more permanent and perhaps high profile team is announced. So maybe the hype will kick off then.

Gotham Kingpin is for sure an angle we've not yet seen and loaded with potential. Should be good..
    I'm sure we'll get more interviews and promotion once she reaches that point in Batman Eternal and the whole scenario is more defined. The writer mentioned she was doing one arc, so she might very well be setting up the stage for another team. But if well-received it'd be nice if it was extended, the book desperately needs a clear voice and direction.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with her in the kingpin position. Of course she won't be 100% evil like some people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I'll likely be checking out the new direction for Catwoman, but it's not really what I'd go for if I was relaunching the book.

I always figured that if Batman was the "World's Greatest Detective" then Catwoman should be the "World's Greatest Cat-Burglar", so with that in mind, I would ramp up her skills and take her global. Her book would be a heist book -- "Ocean's Eleven" meets "Mission Impossible", and she'd be so good at what she does, that she'd be doing jobs for all types of characters within the DCU -- villains and even heroes (like in Batman Inc. where she accompanied Bruce to Japan to lend her skills). Sometimes she would team up with other thieves/criminals, others, she'd do her usual solo act.

Being a thief, there'd really be no mistaking her for a "hero", but that doesn't mean she couldn't be a worthwhile protagonist in her own book, while stealing from other baddies or corrupt businessmen.
    That sounds pretty good, I'd certainly like to see something like that done with Selina eventually, as the crime boss status is bound to be temporary.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm not sure that I would relaunch Catwoman at all. Why not give Riddler and Joker their own titles?
    No way. Joker's already suffering from over exposure as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    No way. Joker's already suffering from over exposure as it is.
    But his own book was fun in the past.

BANNED

I'm not sure that open-ended ongoing series for villains is a good idea.

Ultimate Member

Poison Ivy could work. I've said before that she has the potential to be DC's Magneto. Morally ambiguous and possessing an understandable goal, but also resorts to questionable methods and is thus dangerous.

BANNED

I would do a Heist-of-the-Month book and bring Catwoman back to her fun, thieving roots of her 90s series. In the first arc, she'd break into Wayne Manor. From there, she'd travel Gotham and the globe, stealing for the fun of it. It would be Oceans Eleven meets The Italian Job meets Entrapment.

P.S. Next year is Catwoman's 75th anniversary, and since DC will likely relaunch many of their books in June after their April/May hiatus from publishing, I think we will be getting a new Catwoman #1. I don't expect Catwoman's stint as kingpin of Gotham to last beyond Batman Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm not sure that I would relaunch Catwoman at all. Why not give Riddler and Joker their own titles?
    Because they aren't very appealing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    . . . P.S. Next year is Catwoman's 75th anniversary, and since DC will likely relaunch many of their books in June after their April/May hiatus from publishing, . . .
    This is based on what facts?

Incredible Member

Because they aren't very appealing characters.
    And since when Catwoman is an appealing character ? Because she has nothing on the Riddler and the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Well, they're actually kinda relaunching the book in October with a whole new direction and creative team that looks pretty interesting. Ditching the cat burlar approach in favor of establishing her as Gotham's most prominent crime figure is a great move for the time being.
    This.

The only change I'd like is for her to grow her hair back, as she doesn't need it to be short and practical anymore. And if she's going to wear a costume besides her business clothes, then something like the Batman '66 outfit needs to happen.
    But not this.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Except for few years in the 00's. Catwoman has had her own book since the early 90's. She's more than proved that she can hold an ongoing of her own instead of being Batman's sometimes GF/Thorn in his side.
    QFT.

Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

a few post have already said it, Catwoman doesn't really need to have her own comic. I love her and she is a great character, but lets give her a little break and just have her appear as a supporting character again in other series, like Batman, or maybe even Birds of Prey every once in a while.

BANNED

Yes she does. Catwoman is the most popular and recognizable female character. She also isn't a bland carbon copy of Batman like Batgirl. Everything about Selina demands she has her own comics. And thank goodness she does! It's too bad there are people upset by the very existence of a Catwoman comic. Oh well. Too bad for them, but great for us fans!

Ultimate Member

I would argue that NO character NEEDS their own comic. But that doesn't mean that they absolutely shouldn't have them or that they cannot be good.

BANNED

If she's going to have her own comic, then DC should make an effort to actually make it good, not treat her like the stepchild of this bat family.

I sense she's an afterthought most of the time and that they don't really put their A team on her because they think she's no longer as popular as she was in the 90's (thanks to Michelle). Problem is it's a self fulfilling prophecy. The crappier the team, the less popular she gets as her fans (or ex fans) move on to other characters (like Black Widow). In the end, DC's loss for sabotaging one of their most well known characters

Yes she does. Catwoman is the most popular and recognizable female character. She also isn't a bland carbon copy of Batman like Batgirl. Everything about Selina demands she has her own comics. And thank goodness she does! It's too bad there are people upset by the very existence of a Catwoman comic. Oh well. Too bad for them, but great for us fans!
    When it comes to comments like those you have to mentally edit "As a person primarily concerned with Batman I think..." before anything they say.