Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    It's funny, Black Widow is such a boring, lame character. Another Russian spy? Really? Selina has more personality than Natasha could ever hope to have. Not sure why the Catwoman haters are out in full force. It's funny that the existence of a Catwoman book is so offensive to them. There are plenty of titles that I dislike or don't interest me, but I don't rant on and on and on about them.
    How does being a cat burglar with sex appeal constitute more personality than a Russian spy turned S.H.I.E.L.D agent with sex appeal?

If anything, I'd argue it's the other way round. Selina is not an awful character, but she's not awfully deep either.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Fantastic Member

I like the idea of a global heist book. Have her travel the world and commit robberies in exotic locales. Maybe have her try and break into JL headquarters and get back out without being captured. It would be an awesome way to present Selina.

I would say that Catwoman has displayed a more playful personality than Nat has throughout the years but neither are "lacking" a personality to begin with.

I don't how or why Black Widow needs to be dragged down to prop up Selina. They're both really great female characters and more importantly they're from two different franchises, from two different publishers, and with two (mostly) different fanbases.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    And why Time Warner should care about Catwoman when you have Batgirl, Batwoman,, Nightwing, Red Robin, Robin, Black Bat (soon I hope), Spoiler, Red Hood, Harley Quinn who are more marketable than her in the comics and future Batman works ? Care to explain as to why ?
    The same reason they've cared about her for last two decades? She's a profitable character in a profitable franchise and she's one of the few female characters that DC can boost about having consistently been in their lineup of solo and/or team books since the early 90's.
    Last edited by teddyeatsyourface; 09-01-2014 at 10:48 AM.

And why Time Warner should care about Catwoman when you have Batgirl, Batwoman,, Nightwing, Red Robin, Robin, Black Bat (soon I hope), Spoiler, Red Hood, Harley Quinn who are more marketable than her in the comics and future Batman works ? Care to explain as to why ?
    Is this a joke?

You should explain why you think Catwoman is at the bottom of that list before asking anyone else to explain themselves.
    Last edited by Ticklefist; 09-01-2014 at 12:38 PM.

I am finding the catwoman hate disturbing.

Its proven she is a great character.

Cooke is actually still working on the Parker books.

I would like dini and chris burnham on the book please.

BANNED

I like Catwoman OK (especially wearing the purple slit skirts), but not sure she deserves a book of her own.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I like the idea of a global heist book. Have her travel the world and commit robberies in exotic locales. Maybe have her try and break into JL headquarters and get back out without being captured. It would be an awesome way to present Selina.
    As long she stays away from Gotham that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post

The same reason they've cared about her for last two decades? She's a profitable character in a profitable franchise and she's one of the few female characters that DC can boost about having consistently been in their lineup of solo and/or team books since the early 90's.
    A profitable character you say ? Her book is barely above the cancellation. Poison Ivy should be the one getting a book. Harley Quinn is the definition of a profitable female character in a profitable franchise these days. I would not be surprised if DC pull the plug on Catwoman to focus on Harley and maybe give a book to Ivy.

A profitable character you say ? Her book is barely above the cancellation. Poison Ivy should be the one getting a book. Harley Quinn is the definition of a profitable female character in a profitable franchise these days. I would not be surprised if DC pull the plug on Catwoman to focus on Harley and maybe give a book to Ivy.
    Her book lost readers because of Ann Nocenti's DC work has been absolutely terrible. Everything from her Green Arrow run to her Villain's Month oneshot (which was the worst selling of the entire bunch) has been panned by DC fans and critics alike. But none of that has any bearing on Catwoman's profitability as a solo character.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I would just follow what Snyder is doing with the character. Let us revel in her being the Kingpin of Crime for a year or two. After that, drop her back down to her roots of being a real cat burglar.

If it weren't for Catwoman's immense popularity the book would have been well below cancellation. It's been terrible. Hence the thread.

Catwoman is getting a new creative team. All will be well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Catwoman is getting a new creative team. All will be well soon.
    But for how many months until the next creative team takes over?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Probably in June, which is a good thing. I don't want this crime kingpin status quo to last too long. Plus, next year is Catwoman's 75th anniversary so I am predicting the series will be launched with a new #1 and an A-list creative.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If it is successful - two or three years. If it is unsuccessful, 8-12 issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    If it is successful - two or three years. If it is unsuccessful, 8-12 issues.
    I'm pretty sure they will only be around for six issues. Remember, DC is putting all their regular books on hiatus for April/May while editorial moves to Burbank and will be releasing a special event book by Scott Lobdell in the interim. My prediction is Catwoman will return with a new series and creative team next June when the regular books return or are relaunched.