Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If Joe Kelly or Nick Spencer has a clone story, they might fold a Sins Past retcon into it.

But I don't think they want to tell a clone story just to retcon Sins Past.

This is also something that may interfere with existing plans for Norman Osborn. So the stars would have to align for a retcon given how convoluted it was, and how they need several things that aren't always available (space to tell a TPB-length retcon; Norman Osborn being available.)
    I wouldn't be surprised if Spencer touches upon the Clone Saga at some point. His run has so far been cleaning up the mess of Spider-man mythos while making spiritual sequels to prior works.

I don't think Joe Kelly's run will touch on it at all however.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Non-Stop Spider-man doesn't last that long, I haven't seen much excitement for it and Marvel don't seem as interested in it as they did before. I'm sure it'll turn out okay, I just don't think Bachello suits fast paced Spider-man action, I can see him more on Daredevil or Deadpool rather than Spider-man.
    Regardless, I don't see it gaining the kind of importance that Zdarksy's Spectacular had or Taylor's Friendly neighborhood.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Spencer touches upon the Clone Saga at some point. His run has so far been cleaning up the mess of Spider-man mythos while making spiritual sequels to prior works.
    Without knowing how long Spencer might be on the title, it's folly to suggest he won't get to something, but I would think it'll be quite awhile before we get to the Clone Saga (if ever). If Spencer had wanted to start seeding any Clone Saga material, he certainly had an opportunity during Sins Rising and the LR issues. It looks like (vaguely spoiler-y solicits for the TPB containing ASM 61-66) we'll be with the Kingpin story until at least May, which may or may not wrap up the Kingpin/Boomerang portion of plotlines. We've still got the ongoing Kindred plot threads - MJ, Norman, Harry - and the body Carlie found (which probably ties into that but who knows?). One would assume that whatever Kindred's origin ends up being, that revelation will spur a new set of stories, too.

As to the original topic, I don't have a lot to add except to say that I think, as Mr Mets said, a retcon would actually be a pretty heavy lift to make. If Spencer has an idea for how to fix it, sure, fine, go for it, but actually addressing it (instead of ignoring it) is not entirely simple. Well, okay, Norman hired actors (like the one for Aunt May) to play Gwen (to tell MJ) and later the kids, then just . . . didn't do anything for years. Sure, why not. Anyway, I think it's probably better to just ignore it - I think Lifetheft sucked as a story, but I haven't thought about it much for the last 25 years and it's hard to be too angry about it. I might have a different opinion if we had 10+ years of teases about returning parents, other robot imposters, etc.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    We should see a side issue where Norman is hosting additions for actors that he hires for these (genetically modified) roles. I could only wonder what material he gives them, also I wonder why they go along with it so long to the point of dying (May).
    This idea is brilliant, and I salute you for it and the chuckle it brought me.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage