Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gwen and Peter were broken up when Sins Past happened
    When was that, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    When was that, exactly?
    It was during the time Gwen went to London to clear her head and get away from Peter - around ASM #94-95, I believe.

Spectacular Member

How would you retcon it for starters? Gwen told MJ about it contemporaneously. We are shown what happened in flashback. It's a tricky one to work around unless you actually OMD it away somehow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    How would you retcon it for starters? Gwen told MJ about it contemporaneously. We are shown what happened in flashback. It's a tricky one to work around unless you actually OMD it away somehow.
    Sins Past can be erased. They could use clones or say Osborn “Date Raped” her which is not far from the truth. Of course There are no bad stories ( Except Year One (ignored) and Shed (which was modified) that have been erased from Spider-Man history. In other words: It is not happening. Why) Marvel likes those bad stories because they generate controversy.”Publicity even bad publicity is better then no publicity.” ( Ronald Reagan).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-16-2020 at 08:41 AM.

How would you retcon it for starters?
    All part of an elaborate plot by Mysterio. None of it actually happened. Gwen telling MJ was an implanted memory created by hypnosis, that's why MJ never mentioned that in all these years. She didn't even have the memory of it happening until this story.

Spectacular Member

I will paste my previous comment: Norman and Warren clone Gwen because of her genes (and Warren's obsession with her). Norman wants a true heir and he uses Gwen's DNA to create two twins with Osborn's blood in them. Clone Conspiracy stated that the clones have the original person's soul, so the real Gwen has hallucinations about the twins and she gets convinced she had sex with Osborn (it's called False Pregnancy, women believe they are pregnant when they are not). From this point everything goes exactly as what we see in Sins Past: she confronts Osborn about the twins (he discovers that she knows about them because of the clone's soul) and he convinces her they had sex (so nobody will know about the clonation project) but also states he will kill her if she tries to take them from him. MJ hears everything and has the conversation in which Gwen tells a fake story (they never had sex but she thinks so) and that's it. Osborn kills her and years later Gabriel and Sarah come back.

Spectacular Member

Gwen and Peter were broken up when Sins Past happened, so she wasn't being unfaithful. And the reason she and Peter broke up and she went to Europe was that, to her perspective, Peter was being a douche to her after her father died.
    First thing: I don't know your ethics or morality, but if you momentarily stop an important relationship and you immediately have sex with a 50 years old man who's actually the father of your boyfriend's best friend... You have serious issues. It's not about mistakes, you are screwed up in your head. A kiss would be a mistake, some bad things you say could be a mistake. Not having UNPROTECTED sex with the father of your friend and giving birth to twins in another country. You would be seriously out of your freaking mind. Second thing: JMS clearly stated that "it's common for girls to have sex with someone else while being engaged", so if you have anything to say about it tell the guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It was during the time Gwen went to London to clear her head and get away from Peter - around ASM #94-95, I believe.
    I believe not. I wrote about Sins Past not fitting the timeline, which is why this particular question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I believe not. I wrote about Sins Past not fitting the timeline, which is why this particular question.
    Oh okay. I wasn't too sure. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    First thing: I don't know your ethics or morality, but if you momentarily stop an important relationship and you immediately have sex with a 50 years old man who's actually the father of your boyfriend's best friend... You have serious issues. It's not about mistakes, you are screwed up in your head. A kiss would be a mistake, some bad things you say could be a mistake. Not having UNPROTECTED sex with the father of your friend and giving birth to twins in another country. You would be seriously out of your freaking mind. Second thing: JMS clearly stated that "it's common for girls to have sex with someone else while being engaged", so if you have anything to say about it tell the guy.
    Gwen did have serious issues. Her mother died when she was very young and her dad had just been killed. She was, by any standard, screwed up in the head.

I do agree with JMS, and am not ashamed of it. There is a double standard for those who say that Gwen was totally in the wrong because she should have remained faithful, even if she and Peter were broken up, which they were. It was a mistake on her part and that is part of the Sin's Past story. People who think Gwen is now a slut because of that story should rethink how they view women.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Gwen did have serious issues. Her mother died when she was very young and her dad had just been killed. She was, by any standard, screwed up in the head.

I do agree with JMS, and am not ashamed of it. There is a double standard for those who say that Gwen was totally in the wrong because she should have remained faithful, even if she and Peter were broken up, which they were. It was a mistake on her part and that is part of the Sin's Past story. People who think Gwen is now a slut because of that story should rethink how they view women.
    It wasn't really a break up, she left due to stress Spidey was causing and Peter's neglect, Gwen was even expected him to go to London to reunite with her, and kept thinking about him while there, and once she returned, the got back together, just like that lol.

Although even if it was a break up, she's still a piece of **** for expecting Peter to be okay with raising Norman's kids, even if she had their best interest in mind lol.

Astonishing Member

I am not one of those who condemned Gwen over this. I put the blame on Osborn who had no business doing what he did. My single biggest complaint about Gwen was her treatment of Aunt May.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    First thing: I don't know your ethics or morality, but if you momentarily stop an important relationship and you immediately have sex with a 50 years old man who's actually the father of your boyfriend's best friend... You have serious issues. It's not about mistakes, you are screwed up in your head.
    Yeah. This.

- Jason G. Carr

Where are Gabriel and Sarah Stacy?

- Jason G. Carr

Fantastic Member

Easy answer for me is use Toxie Doxie to explain all this.

Insane blonde haired geneticist who was imprisoned for experimenting on and killing children and also had a long history with Osborn, including sexual. She abducted Gwen and experimented on her, per the request by Norman to torture Parker. The Stacy Twins arent actually Gwen's blood relation, but rather genetic lab experiments by Toxie Doxie, and shes their mother, obsessed with mixing her own genetic tinkering with Goblin serum DNA. She genetically advances their ages and uses brainwashing she did on Gwen to launch the two as part of a scheme, under the pretense of Gwen-Norm children just to torture Parker. The project goes out the window after Gabriel becomes unstable and violent, explaing Slott's American Son ministory. Most of this could be directly involved with the Twins showing up in a story intentionally trying to hunt down Toxie after discovering the truth of their origins