Astonishing Member

Question Strongest Superman version that MCU!Doctor Strange can beat

Who's the strongest version of Superman that MCU Doctor Strange can defeat with his magic?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

In the arena, not very many. Maybe Golden Age? All of the others are simply way too fast and can most definitely end the good Doctor.

With prep, the needle probably shifts. At the worst, Strange can use the time stone to be loopy and come up with a solution: just freezing Supes then de-ageing him to an embryo would do it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    In the arena, not very many. Maybe Golden Age? All of the others are simply way too fast and can most definitely end the good Doctor.

With prep, the needle probably shifts. At the worst, Strange can use the time stone to be loopy and come up with a solution: just freezing Supes then de-ageing him to an embryo would do it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Strange is allowed to use the stone offensively before the bell. I believe only defensive spells can be used. Strange would need something to have him survive the speed blitz.

However, your solution would work in a scenario setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Strange is allowed to use the stone offensively before the bell. I believe only defensive spells can be used. Strange would need something to have him survive the speed blitz.

However, your solution would work in a scenario setting.
    Without prep, no, of course not, hence me saying that every version of supes save MAYBE Golden Age would annihilate him.

With prep, he can absolutely start the time loop thing he did to Dormy in advance, then act inside that loop. That was basically Rumbles prep on the big screen. He can have illusions flying about. He can set traps and walls and mirror dimension nonsense.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Without prep, no, of course not, hence me saying that every version of supes save MAYBE Golden Age would annihilate him.

With prep, he can absolutely start the time loop thing he did to Dormy in advance, then act inside that loop. That was basically Rumbles prep on the big screen. He can have illusions flying about. He can set traps and walls and mirror dimension nonsense.
    Sorry, meant to say he can't use the stone offensively even with prep before the bell. But I forgot about the time loop. Does current MCU Strange have the time gem? Either way, good plan.

Time Gem time loop is only good here for a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Sorry, meant to say he can't use the stone offensively even with prep before the bell. But I forgot about the time loop. Does current MCU Strange have the time gem? Either way, good plan.
    Yeah, definitely, he can't use strikes pre-snap as it were : no launching a bolt of bedevilement (to steal from 616). He should definitely, as you say, be able to do his loop though, and that's going to give him both time and space to deal with the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Time Gem time loop is only good here for a draw.
    Not necessarily. He can also bring up, who knows, a magic shield and a big wall of magic fire before the bell under the auspices of prep. That stuff will stop pre-crisis Supes just fine.

He could probably create or summon kryptonite as well. That's a stop for many versions of supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Who's the strongest version of Superman that MCU Doctor Strange can defeat with his magic?
    Without prep or even with it, if he cannot attack before the bell, he gets blitzed. Early Golden Age Superman would be an exception.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Without prep or even with it, if he cannot attack before the bell, he gets blitzed. Early Golden Age Superman would be an exception.
    Again, he can do other prep stuff, and thanks to time manipulation, he has all the time in the world to figure out how to win, and can loop time to ensure he gets as many tries as necessary. Summoning kryptonite, surrounding himself with magic aura would work fine for Silver Age, as those two things drop THAT supes like a bad habit. Soul rips are a thing he SHOULD be able to do (given the facility the AO shows), even if we haven't seen it, so, again, it's a matter of effectively unlimited prep and access to a LOT of potentially useful tools and spells during said prep time.

With time gem he can prep like a fiend for the best results.