Extraordinary Member

Default Rank these Cartoon Leads

I've got the bug again. But this time, I'm changing things up by not sticking to Anime.

So, the way this works is that I'll give a list of attributes that are relevant to combat, and a list of characters, and y'all will rank the characters (that you know) in order from best to worst. I'll also define the Attributes, since some of them aren't immediately obvious.

Note: Characters are taken from the strongest point in which they have verifiable feats from

These are the attributes

Strength:
    Speed:
    Durability:
    Biggatons:
    Skill:
    Intelligence:
    Charisma
    Versatility
    Hax:

Strength refers to general physical strength.
    Speed refers to reaction speed specifically
    Durability refers to ability to take a hit without getting hurt. If the character has a forcefield, then that counts.
    Biggatons refers to how much destruction the character can pull off.
    Skill refers their skill at whatever it is they specialize in. So someone studying magic is tanked on that that, martial artists on Martial arts, etc
    Intelligence is general academic smarts
    Charisma is their ability to make allies and influence people's behavior.
    Versatility refers to the amount of options that they have in combat
    Hax refers to abilities that neutralize another stat. For example, stuff like soul stealing that physical durability cannot defend against, or stuff like intangibility that physical attacks can't effect.

Here is the list

1. Steven Universe
    2. Kipo Oak
    3. Optimus Prime (G1)
    4. Spear
    5. Ben Tennyson
    6. Star Butterfly
    7. Aang
    8. Finn the Human
    9. She-Ra (Netflix)
    10. Twilight Sparkle (FIM)

I've seen maybe half of those.

Kipo, hard to place her in relation to say, Ben (original run or one of the newer?), She-Ra has a good strength advantage over say, Aang. But Aang being able to bend the four elements, and more subtle ways (like sucking all the air out of the lungs like in Korra) really evens the odds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I've seen maybe half of those.

Kipo, hard to place her in relation to say, Ben (original run or one of the newer?), She-Ra has a good strength advantage over say, Aang. But Aang being able to bend the four elements, and more subtle ways (like sucking all the air out of the lungs like in Korra) really evens the odds.
    Ben would get his stuff from up to Omniverse.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Steven, at his peak, is stronger and faster than pretty much anyone on the list. The only ones I'm unsure of are Spear, as I've not seen what he's from, and G1 Optimus, which I haven't watched since I was a tiny child.

But yeah, Steven is an absolute physical beast. I'm pretty certain he's faster than XLR8 and stronger than any of Ben's brick forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Steven, at his peak, is stronger and faster than pretty much anyone on the list. The only ones I'm unsure of are Spear, as I've not seen what he's from, and G1 Optimus, which I haven't watched since I was a tiny child.

But yeah, Steven is an absolute physical beast. I'm pretty certain he's faster than XLR8 and stronger than any of Ben's brick forms.
    Alien X. Not Ben's most used form, but certainly incredibly powerful (reality warping level).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Alien X. Not Ben's most used form, but certainly incredibly powerful (reality warping level).
    Where does it stand in terms of actually physical stats though? I don't recall it punching/lifting anything or being specifically fast.

Granted, it's been a million years since I watched the show

Where does it stand in terms of actually physical stats though? I don't recall it punching/lifting anything or being specifically fast.

Granted, it's been a million years since I watched the show
    Though he does have superhuman strength and speed, his main thing is, from what I've seen, less physical stats and more "versatility and hax" with his reality warping, time control, etc. abilities.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Though he does have superhuman strength and speed, his main thing is, from what I've seen, less physical stats and more "versatility and hax" with his reality warping, time control, etc. abilities.
    Yeah, so not as highly ranked as Steven in terms of Strength and Speed.

Yeah, so not as highly ranked as Steven in terms of Strength and Speed.
    No, he's probably ranked higher than everyone on that list in those stats, its just that when you can easily and perfectly recreate an entire universe after surviving it's destruction, strength and speed don't really really matter.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    No, he's probably ranked higher than everyone on that list in those stats, its just that when you can easily and perfectly recreate an entire universe after surviving it's destruction, strength and speed don't really really matter.
    Probably doesn't mean that he is though.

I'm not saying Steven is more powerful than him overall, based on what I recall very vaguely of Alien X, that isn't the case. But I recall basically zero meaningful strength or speed feats.

Remember, the purpose of the thread is to rank the characters in terms of individualised stats. If X hasn't run fast or lifted big or what have you, he's not going to be useful in moving Ben up said totem pole in terms of ranking.

Extraordinary Member

Spear is from Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal. If you've got a stomach for gore, it's worth a watch

Kipo's got a pretty great strength feat in her third season

spoilers:

In her big Jaguar form, she casually tosses aside buildings
    end of spoilers

Spear is pretty damn tough. Kills and hunts/injures large items including dinosaurs with his spear and what he finds handy.

He killed a tvrex critter with his spear by hurling it so hard it pinch through its chest, damaging viral organs.

Dude is beastly.