Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lightbulb

IMO

1.) Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008 - 2009), technically a TV series but the best of the lot

2.) Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

3.) Terminator Salvation (2009)

4.) Terminator Genisys (2015)

5.) Terminator: Dark Fate (2019), the worst of the lot by far

The last two sequels are really nothing more than inferior retreads/reboots of the first Terminator movie. They aren't worthy of the term sequel.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-21-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They made sequels to Terminator 2?
    Unfortunately, they did.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

1.) Sarah Conner Chronicles: Apparently excellent but sadly I never watched it.
    2.) Terminator 3: Basically a retread of part 2, mediocre but harmless.
    3.) Salvation: Good God this was dull. We finally got to see John Conner's future timeline for an entire film though.
    4.) Genisys: The second worst Teminator ever.
    5.) Dark Fate: Absolute garbage.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Only watched the first season of TSCC, so I won't add it to my list.

Here are my rankings from Best to Worst:

1. Terminator: Dark Fate A great follow-up that sticks to the spirit of T1 and T2 while retelling it for the 21st century, much like other 'legacy sequels' like Jurassic World, the new Star Wars trilogy etc. Also does something new and interesting with the Terminator (all the other post-T2 Terminators have essentially been variations on the T-1000).

2. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Caps off the 'trilogy' it forms with T1 and T2 near-perfectly (well, as much as it can in the absence of Sarah Connor or Kyle Reese). The inevitability of Judgement Day and John Connor's fate were interesting angles to explore. And the ending is suitably poignant.

3. Terminator Genisys Its got entertainment value, I'll give it that! We finally get to see the fall of Skynet in 2029 and John sending Kyle to the past, "closing the loop" as it were. And the BTTF2 style 'alternate reality' with Sarah rescuing Kyle was intriguing, as was the idea of Skynet taking over the world as Genisys through an app (a very 21st century interpretation of Judgement Day). Unfortunately, the execution of these ideas suffered, and the end-result is akin to throwing T1 and T2 into a blender with a bunch of other sci-fi movies and seeing what comes out.

4. Terminator Salvation Its actually pretty boring as a film, though it has some great ideas and had the potential to be higher on the list. Exploring a post-Judgement Day world in greater depth was interesting. I loved the prequel-y aspect of a young Kyle Reese being targeted by the Terminators and meeting John for the first time. But that apart, not a lot really happens in the movie. Honestly, it felt more like an episode of a Terminator TV show than a movie with big stakes. Alternate timeline or not, we know that the Resistance isn't going to beat Skynet, and that Skynet isn't going to kill Kyle.

1. Terminator: Salvation
    3. Terminator 3, Terminator: Dark Fate

Not worth mentioning: Terminator: Genesys
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/