Default Does anyone have print subscriptions??

I honestly didn't even know if they did print mail subscriptions anymore. Turns out they do, and there's a pretty decent discount. Although the site says that your comics will arrive up to 8 weeks after the release date. WHOA.

Anyone get their comics in the mail with a subsciption?

I think going through a subscription service like Westfield Comics or DCBS, where you can update your pull list each month, kinda makes traditional subscription from the publisher seem a bit unnecessary these days.
    And they tend to give anywhere from 35-65% off. Sometimes the expected 'hot' books will even get like 75% off with a limited number of copies.

I never subscribed straight from the publisher, but I did use Westfield in the late '80s/early '90s and then DCBS in the 2000s.

With Westfield, I had to fill out the form each month, which was just me marking the two titles I was reading.
    They also shipped by UPS, which made them less likely to be damaged.
    I think the publishers mailed their comics via USPS, in either an envelope or with a label attached to the comic. That may have changed since the '90s collector boom, however, with more importance placed on condition of comics rather than the actual contents.

Westfield has since moved to an online site, and DCBS is online, also.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Thanks for the ideas. I checked out both, and the shipping costs seem to really drive up the cost. I like that you had the option to have the new issues shipped to you that week, but the shipping really made it cost prohibitive.

I'm unclear how soon after a new release is shipped to you if you subscribe directly through the publisher. I know it takes a while for the first issue to arrive, but after that I need to know how soon a new issue arrives to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Anyone get their comics in the mail with a subsciption?
    No. I sometimes order trade paperbacks on Amazon, but I get most of my trades and single issues through actual stores. (Course, DC isn't publishing anything new that I'm interested in following right now...)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)