All-New Member

Default Scott Summers / Emma Frost relationship

I have been getting back into comics in the last year after a 20 year or so absence. I have always been an X-men fan. Can someone explain the current relationship between Emma and Cyclops ? I think their relationship ended when he "died" in X vs Inhumans, but now that he is back it's as if they barely know each other. Obviously Jean being back impacts things, but it seems like they would at least address that fact they were together for a long time.

I wouldn't say they barely know each other, the dynamic has changed but there's still something there. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

They’re together, just not as serious as they used to be.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They're still together, just not appearing much in the same book.

Fantastic Member

The thing with DoX is that it's not entirely addressing a lot of relationship and dynamic shifts. We haven't actually see how Scott/Jean/Logan came to be, and I would argue even though Jean and Scott are together, we rarely see them interact in a romantic way. Same with some other things irt to reactions to the villains just hanging around when characters should have pitched bigger fits for understandable reasons. It's a little weird, and one of my biggest complaints about DoX. I'm the person who wants to know why and how these characters got to this point, rather than accept it.

I will admit, I'm bummed we haven't seen more Emma and Scott interacting. They might be my favorite Marvel couple. It has been implied they've been hooking up, but they're not the power couple they were in the 2000s.

Yeah we haven't actually seen any confirmation that Scott and Emma are seeing each other. All of Emma's comments towards Scott could be interpreted as quips referencing their previous relationship. Sure they enter rooms at the same time occasionally but there's been nothing on the level of Logan literally living in the Summer's house and being considered part of the family.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah we haven't actually seen any confirmation that Scott and Emma are seeing each other. All of Emma's comments towards Scott could be interpreted as quips referencing their previous relationship. Sure they enter rooms at the same time occasionally but there's been nothing on the level of Logan literally living in the Summer's house and being considered part of the family.
    To be fair, there's been quite a few remarks and hints from Hickman himself. I feel like Emma doesn't live with them because of her relationship to Jean and probably her own views of what suits her lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    The thing with DoX is that it's not entirely addressing a lot of relationship and dynamic shifts. We haven't actually see how Scott/Jean/Logan came to be, and I would argue even though Jean and Scott are together, we rarely see them interact in a romantic way. Same with some other things irt to reactions to the villains just hanging around when characters should have pitched bigger fits for understandable reasons. It's a little weird, and one of my biggest complaints about DoX. I'm the person who wants to know why and how these characters got to this point, rather than accept it.

I will admit, I'm bummed we haven't seen more Emma and Scott interacting. They might be my favorite Marvel couple. It has been implied they've been hooking up, but they're not the power couple they were in the 2000s.
    I share similar feelings myself. I doubt anything will be explained/expanded on.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Lmfao!!!! I love the X-Men

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But not only there's the comments, there's the hint by Sinister in his secrets, that panel in House of X #6 that all but screams the relationship, and of course the logic that there's no reason to assume Jean would be allowed to have a romantic relationship on the side, but Scott wouldn't.

Emma doesn't live there because she has her own palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That was so sexy. Hope they get to do something fun.

Scemma vacation in Savage Land was the sexiest and funnier x-couple vacation ever.

Does anyone draw Emma better than the Dodson's?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Does anyone draw Emma better than the Dodson's?
    Deodato, Bachalo, Larroca, Cassaday, Opena, Molina

Dodson is a great uniform designer for Emma the Black Queen Utopia one was him.
    Last edited by DarkMagnus; 10-15-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Deodato, Bachalo, Larroca, Cassaday, Opena, Molina

Deodato is a great uniform designer for Emma the Black Queen Utopia one was him.
    Fair enough, I do like Cassaday's and Opena's takes.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.