Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I hate being this guy, but I gotta say Mister Terrific (and a lot of characters in the Arrowverse) because whoever that was on Arrow was so far removed from who the character is that's not the same guy despite the name and the suit.
    Mr. Terrific was done dirty on Arrow, but he's had stronger animated appearances:

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I would argue that it was to a small degree in Dark Knight Rises.
    True. Just without Azrael or AzBats.

Superboy-Prime.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Spectacular Member

It would never happen but would love to see Robinson's The Golden Age made into a series

Also the Earth X freedom fighters--the original group, not the Arrowverse version, could easily be made into a HBO Watchmen like miniseries

Conner Kent, Tim Drake, and Bart Allen have all been in their fair share of other media but I don't think they've ever been portrayed as friends like they are in the comics.
    Has the Katar Hol Hawkman been in anything? I know the thanagarian Hawkgirl's beem in stuff, but Hawkman is almost always the Carter Hall reincarnated one. We'll see if that's still the case for the Black Adam movie.
    Speaking of Black Adam characters, the Khalid Doctor Fate's been around for a while but I don't think he's been in anything. I wonder if the movie will use him or just use the classic Kent Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mr. Terrific was done dirty on Arrow, but he's had stronger animated appearances:

True. Just without Azrael or AzBats.
    true, I don't think the Jean Paul Valley Azrael has been in anything. Michael Lane was in the Arkham games and Gotham did some version in season 2 or 3, but again, not Jean Paul Valley.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Knightfall has never really been adapted.
    Well, The Dark Knight Rises was arguably a loose adaptation, which also included elements from No Man's Land and The Dark Knight Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Conner Kent, Tim Drake, and Bart Allen have all been in their fair share of other media but I don't think they've ever been portrayed as friends like they are in the comics.
    Has the Katar Hol Hawkman been in anything? I know the thanagarian Hawkgirl's beem in stuff, but Hawkman is almost always the Carter Hall reincarnated one. We'll see if that's still the case for the Black Adam movie.
    Speaking of Black Adam characters, the Khalid Doctor Fate's been around for a while but I don't think he's been in anything. I wonder if the movie will use him or just use the classic Kent Nelson.
    Katar Hol Hawkman was in the old Superfriends cartoons...and I think he was in Justice League Action as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Alan Scott and Simon Baz I think are the only GLs who haven’t either been adapted or had a notable role in adaptations.
    Maybe not "notable" but Alan was in the Brave and the Bold episodes with the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Characters/Teams:

JSA: Appeared a few but most people still don't recognize them

Jessica Cruz: Adapted only once so far.

Concepts:

-The two Black Canaries. Canary as a legacy has only ever been done justice in the comics. Only Batman: Brave and the Bold really tried adapting the passing of the mantle from mom to daughter.
    JSA has been used in Legends of Tomorrow season 2 and in Stargirl. Neither were faithful to the comics though, as both used the legacies (despite the LOT version being from 1942) and not Alan Scott. Arrow used Wildcat, also unfaithfully (he was a modern day boxer who trained Black Canary), while Flash used Jay Garrick - neither were identified as being in the JSA though.

Jessica's been adapted three times, one of the DC Animated movies and both versions of DC Super Hero Girls. She's also going to be in HBO Max's Green Lantern series.

Arrow did the Black Canary legacy thing, but very unfaithfully, they actually had five in the end, Sara Lance/The Canary/White Canary, Laurel Lance/Black Canary, Dinah Drake/Black Canary II, Laurel Lance Earth-2/Black Siren/Black Canary III, and Zoe Ramirez (who never had an official codename and operated alongside Dinah) in the 2040 setting. There was actually two Dinahs, as Black Canary II shares her name with Sara and Laurel's mother, who was just a civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Alan Scott and Simon Baz I think are the only GLs who haven’t either been adapted or had a notable role in adaptations.
    Both have just been announced for HBO Max's Green Lantern series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

We got a taste of Thanagar on JL/JLU, but not Hawkworld.

The Rogues have yet to be done properly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Story arcs:

Saga of the Swamp Thing
    Books of Magic
    Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War
    Blackest Night
    Birds of Prey: Sensei and Student (or basically anything from Dixon to Simone's run hasn't been adapted at all or done right)
    Dr. Fate by Martin Pasco and Walt Simonson
    Sandman: Mystery Theater

Characters/Teams:

Nightshade/Eve Eden (she's has an interesting backstory, she showed up in one of the Sup/Bat DTV's but that was basically a cameo)
    Lucifer (the David Bowie one not the one on the tv show)
    Phantom Stranger (a few cameos and guest appearances but nothing to really make him stand out)
    Zatanna Zatara (a few guest appearances but no starring role)
    JSA: Appeared a few but most people still don't recognize them
    Starman/Jack Knight: Never been adapted at all.
    Jessica Cruz: Adapted only once so far.
    Simon Baz: Not adapted at all.
    Wonder Woman enemies: Silver Swan, Veronica Cale, has yet to see the light of adaptation.

Concepts:

-The two Black Canaries. Canary as a legacy has only ever been done justice in the comics. Only Batman: Brave and the Bold really tried adapting the passing of the mantle from mom to daughter.
    -Kyle Rayner as the primary GL on JL. This has only been done in the Morrison/Waid/Kelly era of the JL.
    -Wally West graduating from Kid Flash to Flash and going from Teen Titans to a full fledged Justice League member.
    -Superman/Batman: Generations. The first one by Byrne was really good. I really want to see this as an animated mini series one day.
    -Barbara Gordon as Oracle. Done once on 'The Batman' and later in Young Justice S3 but not sure how many are watching that.
    I don't think the JSA can qualify given they've been adapted at least four times and are going to be in the Black Adam movie. Both Veronica Cale and the Vanessa Kapatelis Silver Swan appeared in Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.

Story arcs/runs

Most of George Perez's Wonder Woman

Phil Jiminez and Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman runs

Artemis replacing Diana as Wonder Woman

The New Krypton arc

Wally West's time as the Flash and his relationship with Linda Park

Most of the Milestone characters

Cassandra Cain's run as Batgirl

Shadowpact

Greg Rucka's Checkmate

Characters

Jeanette

Koryak

Lorena Marquez

Conner Hawke (or at least a more accurate version of him)

Sasha Bordeaux
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-13-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Have we ever seen Ambush Bug?

And yeah, it should be done in all CG, green and played by Ryan Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Have we ever seen Ambush Bug?

And yeah, it should be done in all CG, green and played by Ryan Reynolds
    Ambush Bug had a whole episode in the series finale of Brave and the Bold. He was voiced by Henry Winkler.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I hate being this guy, but I gotta say Mister Terrific (and a lot of characters in the Arrowverse) because whoever that was on Arrow was so far removed from who the character is that's not the same guy despite the name and the suit.
    I'll be that guy with you Arrowverse Terrific was embarrassing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think Dial H for Hero has potential.
    Dial H would make a great show animated or live action.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'll be that guy with you Arrowverse Terrific was embarrassing.
    I don't think you'll find a lot of people to defend Arrowverse Terrific.