View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Serpents Unite! Serpent Society Appreciation

Anyone else fans of this criminal organization? They seem to be one of the few villain groups in Marvel to actually get things done. Although in the past few years, they've been depicted as kind of a joke, which is sad.

It'd be really cool to see a movie version of them in the third Captain America as supporting villains.

I don't think they would work on film

Massive Serpent Society fan. All they need is to not be written like jokes again and they could be huge. They're professional criminals with a decade of in universe experience of working together, they have a good range of powers and power level through the team, all they need is for a writer to acknowledge all that experience.

There are lots of characters that people said the same thing about before, too. They don't have to be wearing the flashy, bright colored costumes in a film. Viper already appeared in Wolverine, and was very serpentine.

Ultimate Member

I decided to just pick one, Anaconda. Cobra and Sidewinder are also cool, but Blanche is just crazy awesome. Kick superhero butt, you big beautiful woman!

I always wanted to see them go up against the Avengers, and offer them a really tough challange.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I always wanted to see them go up against the Avengers, and offer them a really tough challange.

Peace
    They could if they were written well. They have all the potential in the world.

I wonder why they didn't have the Midgard Serpent join.

For those curious as to where they are now:

• Sidewinder – still retired, most recently appeared in New Thunderbolts #7 (2005).
    • Anaconda – at large, last seen as one of the Doom Maidens in Fearless Defenders #12 (2014).
    • Black Mamba – at large, last seen fighting Daredevil and Elektra alongside Constrictor in Daredevil #35 (2014).
    • Death Adder – dead again, had his neck snapped by Venom in Venom #20 (2012).
    • Cobra – incarcerated, last seen with the Serpent Squad being defeated by Captain America in Captain America #8 (2012).
    • Princess Python – at large, last seen as a cameo with other villains in A+X #12 (2013).
    • Diamondback – no longer a villain, last seen fighting alongside Songbird in Fearless Defenders #6 (2013).
    • Asp – at large, last seen lusting after Gambit in Gambit #9 (2013).
    • Rattler – dead; neck snapped by Demolition Man in Captain America #12 (2012).
    • Cottonmouth – incarcerated, last seen with the Serpent Society in Avengers vs. X-Men #0 (2012).
    • Bushmaster – at large, last seen at the Club With No Name in Gambit #9 (2013).
    • Puff Adder – at large, last seen in the Bar with No Name in Amazing Spider-Man #1 (2014).
    • Rock Python – retired from villainy, as seen in Thunderbolts: From the Marvel Vault (2011).
    • Coachwhip – at large, last seen in Secret Avengers #29 (2012).
    • Fer-de-Lance – presumably at large, last seen in Nova #19 (2009).
    • Copperhead – incarcerated, last seen in Avenging Spider-Man #11 (2012).
    • Black Racer – presumably at large, last seen in Captain America #31 (2004).
    • Boomslang – presumably retired, last seen in Captain America #413 (1993).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Since Cap doesn't really seem to deal with normal villains anymore I would not mind if they became part of Spider Man's rouges. Most of that team is custom made for a Spider Man type story. I mean these are just normal guys who want to get rich. They aren't seeking revenge or power they just want cash. Plus it would by nice to see Spider Man deal with some different types of villains once in a while.

I would go so far as to say that they are my favourite villain group of all time. Gruenwald's run on Cap really showed how big a threat they could be, it's too bad that no writer has done much with them since. I would love to see them get a proper return as a formidable foes for an Avengers team (Ewing could do good things with them in Mighty Avengers).

Oh, and I voted for the everyone on the list, except for Princess Python, who quit the team early on.

The Serpent Society were fantastci during Gruenwald's run, even if they did kill my beloved MODOK (he got better). Unfortunately, nobody has handled them well since his departure. I'm looking forward to revisiting the team's early appearances in the upcoming Captain America: Society of Serpents Epic Collection book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Since Cap doesn't really seem to deal with normal villains anymore I would not mind if they became part of Spider Man's rouges. Most of that team is custom made for a Spider Man type story. I mean these are just normal guys who want to get rich. They aren't seeking revenge or power they just want cash. Plus it would by nice to see Spider Man deal with some different types of villains once in a while.
    That would definitely get me reading Spider-Man.

BANNED

Back in the day when it's just the serpent squad ...

Then it grew ...

I fear if they put them on film they would end up looking like Viper in The Wolverine whom I definitely did not like.

Last time I remember seeing the Society was them being jobbed out to Hope before AvX.

I think they would be a great group to combat the Avengers, the Mighty Avengers, Spider Man, Daredevil, Moon Knight or any of the street level heroes.

Groups like these don't need a lot to be rehabilitated.