View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The sad thing is no writer since Grunewald has ever done the Society right.

Extraordinary Member

I loved them back in the day. Just need a writer to care about them....like a lot of characters.

Anybody else remember this.....

Hasbro continues to pop out Serpent Society action figures. We already have King Cobra and Cottonmouth (plus Viper, Eel, and Constrictor if you include 'em), and now we get... Rock Python! I doubt he'd be the first on any fans' must-have list... my mind is boggled at the idea of him getting an action figure over Diamondback, Anaconda, Bushmaster, or Princess Python. But it is what it is, and I hope we get more in the near future.

I had no idea about the series, but Marvel Future Avengers (now on Disney+) has an episode with B.A.D. Girls, Inc.! This marks the first time Black Mamba and Asp have ever been animated. Diamondback was previously animated in another anime series, Disk Wars.

Sadly, Mamba doesn't use any of her cool darkforce powers and instead acts like Princess Python with her own pet snake.

What is/are the goals and motivations of the Serpent Society? Are they just out for something in particular or are they just themed criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What is/are the goals and motivations of the Serpent Society? Are they just out for something in particular or are they just themed criminals?
    They're out for that $. They're also one of the only villain teams that utilize teamwork and actually care about each other (for the most part).

Ultimate Member

I love that they're so practical and not prone to the sort of cackling super-villain lunacy and over-the-top vendettas and 'nemesis' nonsense that plagues some of the other super-villains. More working class villains (although not total jobbers like the Wrecking Crew, or, shudder, the Death-Throws...).

I wonder if the various mutant members (Puff Adder, Asp and Slither, *maybe* Rock Python and Black Racer, IIRC) have any interest in Krakoa, or want to avoid that latest mutants-gathered-in-one-fat-target situation.

I think I probably the one person in the world who was disappointed when Feige replaced that banner for Captain America: Serpent Society for Captain America: Civil War. It turned out to be a good movie, and nothing like what I felt the comic event turned out like (thank goodness), but I still wanted to see a bunch of flashy new villains, and not just the same old actors fighting each other, rather than bad-guys.

Gorgeous unused artwork from Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2! See more by Scott Wood here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Gorgeous unused artwork from Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2! See more by Scott Wood here.
    I’d buy a comic starring these three.

B.A.D. Girls

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’d buy a comic starring these three.

B.A.D. Girls
    I wish editorial would establish rules on these three to be either good or bad people.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish editorial would establish rules on these three to be either good or bad people.
    I like them being varying shades. Black Mamba is definitely the most evil of the bunch. Asp seems a bit more neutral, and Diamondback is straight up heroic at this point, but accepting of her friends' criminal ways which is interesting.

I like them being varying shades. Black Mamba is definitely the most evil of the bunch. Asp seems a bit more neutral, and Diamondback is straight up heroic at this point, but accepting of her friends' criminal ways which is interesting.
    I don't mind them being anti-heroes, but not murdering creeps.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    They were very well organized. They were a criminal syndicate where the leaders would set up jobs and take a cut off the profits. They also helped out if one of the members got arrested by hiring good lawyers to get them out. They were a business and their main goal was to make everyone rich. No world conquering. No petty revenge schemes. Just do the crime and get paid.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I like that their friendship is enough to drag them over the line, from time to time, and get Black Mamba or Diamondback playing for the other side, just to support her friends. But on their own, Black Mamba trends towards villainy, and Diamondback is mostly over that life. (And Asp, I have no idea. She's like a mushroom, she just picks up the flavor of the dish she's in...)

Extraordinary Member

Frank Castle must like them.

Because he didn’t kill them when he joined Cap’s anti-reg side during the first Civil War, unlike Goldbug and Plunder. And Frank killed those two without a second thought.