View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Serpents Unite! Serpent Society Appreciation

Anyone else fans of this criminal organization? They seem to be one of the few villain groups in Marvel to actually get things done. Although in the past few years, they've been depicted as kind of a joke, which is sad.

It'd be really cool to see a movie version of them in the third Captain America as supporting villains.

I don't think they would work on film

Massive Serpent Society fan. All they need is to not be written like jokes again and they could be huge. They're professional criminals with a decade of in universe experience of working together, they have a good range of powers and power level through the team, all they need is for a writer to acknowledge all that experience.

There are lots of characters that people said the same thing about before, too. They don't have to be wearing the flashy, bright colored costumes in a film. Viper already appeared in Wolverine, and was very serpentine.

Ultimate Member

I decided to just pick one, Anaconda. Cobra and Sidewinder are also cool, but Blanche is just crazy awesome. Kick superhero butt, you big beautiful woman!

I always wanted to see them go up against the Avengers, and offer them a really tough challange.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I always wanted to see them go up against the Avengers, and offer them a really tough challange.

Peace
    They could if they were written well. They have all the potential in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I don't think they would work on film
    Easy! They're a terrorist group. They would be great if they decide to bring in Cynthia Schmidt. They're definitely the best choice for captain America 3

The Serpent Society tries to take Elektra down in today's Ekektea #6!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    The Serpent Society tries to take Elektra down in today's Ekektea #6!
    Strangely, it was a direct copy of the third Serpent Squad. Sidewinder had already retired (looks like he's back with the group) and Death Adder died recently in Punisher. Editors not doin' their jobs!

Rick Remender said in an interview earlier this month that he has ideas for a Serpent Society arc:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Remender
    Yeah, I have a whole Serpent Society arc. I'm not sure if we'll get to it or not, but I have idea on how that cross-pollinates.
    I'd be surprised if the whole gang isn't shacking up with Zemo's group, since Cobra's a member of his cabal.

I fear if they put them on film they would end up looking like Viper in The Wolverine whom I definitely did not like.

Last time I remember seeing the Society was them being jobbed out to Hope before AvX.

I think they would be a great group to combat the Avengers, the Mighty Avengers, Spider Man, Daredevil, Moon Knight or any of the street level heroes.

Groups like these don't need a lot to be rehabilitated.

Was Viper not good in the Wolverine film? I haven't seen it personally, but I liked her in the trailer at least.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

No she wasn't. It was another of those cases of being the character in name only. They gave her some powers and just turned her into a generic evil scientist. Viper and the Silver Samurai were both reworked poorly for that film. It was shame because the first 3/4 of that movie are pretty good then they just screwed it all up with needless changes to the characters.

Any readers of the All-New Ultimates? The Serpent Society (called the Serpent Skulls) are a gang of thugs in that universe, led by Diamondback and Crossbones. So far, Sidewinder, Black Racer, King Cobra, and Death Adder (who talks now!) have appeared. Bushmaster was apparently part of it, but now he's dead. I guess the other ultimate Serpent Squad characters (Anaconda, Black Mamba, Asp, Princess Python, and... another Death Adder, this one female) won't be crossing bridges other than Adder. Still, pretty cool even if it's not my favorite alternate universe versions of them.