View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    We need more villains like that.
    Of late, we need any villains like that.

90% of villains these days are just there to fill out a scene, no depth, little characterization, nada.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Avengers #55 is out today!

spoilers:
    The Serpent Society are possessed by Mephisto and go on a killing spree of Serpent Solutions employees. Nighthawk manages to beat them (not sure how, what are his powers?) and they're put in custody, but they're mentioned to have escaped and resumed their killing spree in their "snake god" (Mephisto)'s name.

The lineup is:

Anaconda
    Asp
    Black Mamba
    Bushmaster
    Coachwhip
    Copperhead
    Cottonmouth
    Death Adder (assuming it's Theodore Scott)
    Fer-de-Lance
    King Cobra
    Princess Python
    Puff Adder
    Rattler
    Rock Python
    Slither
    Viper (Stryke)
    end of spoilers
    Total misfire. If anyone's gonna be a 'snake god' to get involved with the Serpent Society, it should have been Set. Have some ambitious priestess of Set (Queen Cobra?) get her hooks in hoping to subvert the entire Society to Set-worship (the old-timers are humoring her, because she brings the magical goods, which they've never really had a grip on, being mostly mutants, cyborgs and gear-using normals, and trust her about as far as they could kick her).

Plus Nighthawk isn't useless, with a smattering of super-strength and a jetpack that shoots blasts, but Anaconda could probably tank him by herself...

Still wondering if Asp, Slither and any other Serpent Society mutants (Black Racer, Rock Python, Puff Adder?) have a crash-pad on Krakoa, and avoid heat after a heist by gating to their extradition-free mutant sanctuary for a bit while things cool down. I could see that being a diplomatic black eye for Krakoa, active criminals using it as a safe haven from the law.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Total misfire. If anyone's gonna be a 'snake god' to get involved with the Serpent Society, it should have been Set. Have some ambitious priestess of Set (Queen Cobra?) get her hooks in hoping to subvert the entire Society to Set-worship (the old-timers are humoring her, because she brings the magical goods, which they've never really had a grip on, being mostly mutants, cyborgs and gear-using normals, and trust her about as far as they could kick her).

Plus Nighthawk isn't useless, with a smattering of super-strength and a jetpack that shoots blasts, but Anaconda could probably tank him by herself...

Still wondering if Asp, Slither and any other Serpent Society mutants (Black Racer, Rock Python, Puff Adder?) have a crash-pad on Krakoa, and avoid heat after a heist by gating to their extradition-free mutant sanctuary for a bit while things cool down. I could see that being a diplomatic black eye for Krakoa, active criminals using it as a safe haven from the law.
    If they are continuing to commit crimes I doubt Krakoa would let them stay. Look at Whirlwind in the Annual. Continues to commit crimes and refuses to go to Krakoa because he knows eventually it's gonna get attacked and wiped outl

But considering what happened to him in the Wasp series it would be interesting to see if Krakoa would help him.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Have there been any female Squad members in the Marvel Legends line -- not including Viper? I'd love to see Black Mamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In the name of TOAA, why did they make Rattler so chonky? And Bushmaster's an actual snake head?
    Rattler's design is definitely... not good. Him wearing the little shorts also is a choice. Bushmaster at least looks fun. I really wonder why they never used more women on the team beyond Anaconda. I mean, why would you throw Constrictor in there when Black Mamba is an option and has a more interesting powerset?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Have there been any female Squad members in the Marvel Legends line -- not including Viper? I'd love to see Black Mamba.
    No! I don't know why we haven't had any of the women yet. Black Mamba, Anaconda, Diamondback, Princess Python, and Asp are all deserving of action figures (at least over characters like Rock Python, no shade to ol' Rocky).

Extraordinary Member

Rattler's design is definitely... not good. Him wearing the little shorts also is a choice. Bushmaster at least looks fun. I really wonder why they never used more women on the team beyond Anaconda. I mean, why would you throw Constrictor in there when Black Mamba is an option and has a more interesting powerset?

No! I don't know why we haven't had any of the women yet. Black Mamba, Anaconda, Diamondback, Princess Python, and Asp are all deserving of action figures (at least over characters like Rock Python, no shade to ol' Rocky).
    Action. And his coils vs Cap's Shield. Personally I would have liked more women...especially Diamondback considering her relationship with Cap in the comics. Imagine her coming onto Cap during the fight.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Action. And his coils vs Cap's Shield. Personally I would have liked more women...especially Diamondback considering her relationship with Cap in the comics. Imagine her coming onto Cap during the fight.
    Black Mamba appeared with Anaconda and should be right alongside her for appearances, but she's perhaps considered problematic due to her call-girl background (and even post-super-villain jobs in that vein, such as when the Masters of Evil hired her to seduce Hercules so that they could get him drunk and off-guard before Hyde, Power Man, etc. ganged up on him).

Diamondback and Princess Python, for different reasons, also should be right up there. And yeah, I could see Diamondback fighting and flirting with Cap, much to his discomfort.

Action. And his coils vs Cap's Shield. Personally I would have liked more women.
    If you're looking for coils vs shield and snake ladies... then Coachwhip could full that role. I've never actually like Constrictor on the Society, since he refused to join them originally. And Coachwhip is rarely used.

Astonishing Member

Agree. Rock Python is a no name as far as Squad members go. All those you listed deserve a figure. Princess P, though, would be kinda pointless without her snake, but I guess that's an easy fix as rubber snakes are easy to come by.

And I just want to say...EMH was so superior to Assemble.
    Goes without saying.

Peace

Apparently spoilers:
    Seth Rollins is playing Cobra in Captain America: Brave New World and Rosa Salazar is playing Diamondback who is the "leader" of the team (weird choice). The leaked looks are... not great. Hope we see more colorful costumes.
    end of spoilers

Black Mamba appears in the new digital Cap/Iron Man story on Marvel Unlimited. Patrick Zircher also posted artwork of Rock Python, so we'll see more serpents pop up eventually.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish they would get back to the good SS. The one that is just a gang of criminals who are not out to rule the world or get revenge on someone. They just want to make money and stay out of jail. The SS that was run like a business with Cobra setting up the jobs and taking a cut of the profits to keep lawyers on retainer and run the office.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I wish they would get back to the good SS. The one that is just a gang of criminals who are not out to rule the world or get revenge on someone. They just want to make money and stay out of jail. The SS that was run like a business with Cobra setting up the jobs and taking a cut of the profits to keep lawyers on retainer and run the office.
    Don't forget the healthcare benefits.

But I totally agree...the Serpent Solutions corporation and the whole Mephisto thing were just nonsense to me.

Random question - has Spider-Man ever come up against the Serpent Society? I mean as a group, not just individual members. I was always really curious to see how Spidey could hold his own against that team.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them