View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Was Viper not good in the Wolverine film? I haven't seen it personally, but I liked her in the trailer at least.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

No she wasn't. It was another of those cases of being the character in name only. They gave her some powers and just turned her into a generic evil scientist. Viper and the Silver Samurai were both reworked poorly for that film. It was shame because the first 3/4 of that movie are pretty good then they just screwed it all up with needless changes to the characters.

Any readers of the All-New Ultimates? The Serpent Society (called the Serpent Skulls) are a gang of thugs in that universe, led by Diamondback and Crossbones. So far, Sidewinder, Black Racer, King Cobra, and Death Adder (who talks now!) have appeared. Bushmaster was apparently part of it, but now he's dead. I guess the other ultimate Serpent Squad characters (Anaconda, Black Mamba, Asp, Princess Python, and... another Death Adder, this one female) won't be crossing bridges other than Adder. Still, pretty cool even if it's not my favorite alternate universe versions of them.

Ultimate Member

It was funky how they seemed to have membership drives of a very specific type.

One wave was all handicapped people with cyborg parts (Bushmaster, Cottonmouth, Rattler). The next wave was mutants-you've-never-heard-of (Black Racer, Puff Adder, Rock Python).

Need to mix it up for the next wave. Set-worshipping magician. Atlantean power-armor user. Power Broker reject with reptilian traits. Hand jonin specializing in snake toxins.

They're all pretty diverse IMO.

The only mutants on the team are Puff Adder and Asp.

Cottonmouth and Rattler weren't handicapped; they chose to undergo cybernetic installation in order to better their criminal careers. Bushmaster is the only one who actually was handicapped (he gets a fantastic origin story in Captain America Annual #10) and had to get cyborg implants in order to make money.

It's interesting that Boomslang never reappeared with the Serpent Society after his near death experience while spying on Diamondback. Copperhead, also, hadn't reappeared for a long time until he appeared in Nova during the skrull invasion. I like to think it's because Cobra hated him and when he took leadership of the organization, he booted Copperhead out. Black Racer is another one who rarely appears, which is why it's nice she was in the Serpent Skulls.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    They're all pretty diverse IMO.

The only mutants on the team are Puff Adder and Asp.

Cottonmouth and Rattler weren't handicapped; they chose to undergo cybernetic installation in order to better their criminal careers. Bushmaster is the only one who actually was handicapped (he gets a fantastic origin story in Captain America Annual #10) and had to get cyborg implants in order to make money.
    Possibly just my bad memory. I thought Rock Python's invulnerability and Black Racer's super-speed were mutant powers, and that Rattler was deaf or something.

Another member who appears rarely is Coach Whip. I always liked her. Didn't like Fer-de-lance (another rare appearer) that much though.

Does anyone follow the anime "Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers"? The Serpent Society plays a semi-large role as recurring villains, though I think only Cobra, Diamondback, Cottonmouth, and Death Adder have appeared thus far. Like the Ultimate universe (at least the first version), Death Adder is female. It's pretty cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I don't think they would work on film
    Easy! They're a terrorist group. They would be great if they decide to bring in Cynthia Schmidt. They're definitely the best choice for captain America 3

The Serpent Society tries to take Elektra down in today's Ekektea #6!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    The Serpent Society tries to take Elektra down in today's Ekektea #6!
    Strangely, it was a direct copy of the third Serpent Squad. Sidewinder had already retired (looks like he's back with the group) and Death Adder died recently in Punisher. Editors not doin' their jobs!

Rick Remender said in an interview earlier this month that he has ideas for a Serpent Society arc:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Remender
    Yeah, I have a whole Serpent Society arc. I'm not sure if we'll get to it or not, but I have idea on how that cross-pollinates.
    I'd be surprised if the whole gang isn't shacking up with Zemo's group, since Cobra's a member of his cabal.

Well, could be cool, could be disastrous.

BANNED

it kinda feels like Remender is actually going through the whole Captain America's rogue gallery. He did his big Red Skull and Zola stories, now he's doing the biggest Hydra story(supposed to be even larger in scope and ramifications than Hickman's Secret Avengers), (Red) Skull and Crossbones, Copra and Armadillo, Baron Zemo, Viper, BATROC ZE LEPAR, now he's got the whole Serpent Society coming up.

Now we just need Machinesmith

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    it kinda feels like Remender is actually going through the whole Captain America's rogue gallery. He did his big Red Skull and Zola stories, now he's doing the biggest Hydra story(supposed to be even larger in scope and ramifications than Hickman's Secret Avengers), (Red) Skull and Crossbones, Copra and Armadillo, Baron Zemo, Viper, BATROC ZE LEPAR, now he's got the whole Serpent Society coming up.

Now we just need Machinesmith
    He's doing what all comic writers are doing now, playing greatest hits. Look how Dan Slott is going through EVERYTHING Spider-Man now.

I still am dreading who is revealed as Hydra agents...