View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    btw, I'd say that this is as impressive a lineup as they've ever had; considering that it includes most of the characters from the previous Masters of Evil rosters. it should also be noted that not everyone is pictured. Whiplash, the Wrecking Crew, Klaw, and Man-Killer are also members. pound for pound, it'd be hard to defeat any Masters team with Living Laser, Nitro, and Graviton on it.
    I'm disappointed I don't see Machinesmith in the line-up--I was hoping Spencer would add him to the roster, and continue his work with him from the ANT-MAN book. Of course, as you pointed out there are members who weren't pictured here...so maybe Smith will turn up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm disappointed I don't see Machinesmith in the line-up--I was hoping Spencer would add him to the roster, and continue his work with him from the ANT-MAN book. Of course, as you pointed out there are members who weren't pictured here...so maybe Smith will turn up yet.
    for all I know, he and Grizzly started their own security company. I think Spencer might avoid something like that because he did have the two characters on the opposite sides in Astonishing Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not a fan of racist villain organizations.
    that's nice to know. but what's racist about the Masters of Evil? Gypsy Moth is, surprise, romani. and Armadillo is latino (and not the European version). you'll notice Cottonmouth standing in front of him. and Rock Python is sandwiched in there with the rest of the decidedly not racist Serpent Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes, the additions you mentioned do make it very much more impressive. Perhaps when my eyes hit the Circus of Crime and the Armadillo, it stopped looking. My bad.

Peace
    yeah, their presence gave me pause. I just don't think that they are useful for more besides creating a distraction. maybe they came with Princess Python; who was prominently part of the Bagalia-based Masters of Evil. actually, I'm betting that a lot of Zemo's recruitment drive took place at Bagalia. he seems to be depending, mainly, on numbers here. I can't think of any other reason to go underwater (that's a lot of effort) to sign the Squid (a spider-man one-off villain).

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Thank God Helmut never got to Diamondback. Where the hell is she now, BTW? Sneaking out after helping (after betraying) Sam!Cap-Wolf and New!Falcon against (to) Serpent Solutions. Bus to limbo sucks.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Thank God Helmut never got to Diamondback. Where the hell is she now, BTW? Sneaking out after helping (after betraying) Sam!Cap-Wolf and New!Falcon against (to) Serpent Solutions. Bus to limbo sucks.
    for that matter, whose side would she be on? she used to have a crush on Steve but felt as if he couldn't look past her criminal past. well now they are on "equal" footing.

how old is Ophelia Sarkissian supposed to be? she's got a really confusing history; from what I've researched. did she use some kind of age-retarding treatment; like Black Widow?

The Serpent Society... coming to the MCU?

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7. 2017)

While visiting the art department, I saw many of the same storyboards I saw during an August set visit in Atlanta. This time around, however, Marvel showed us a VFX review, in which the post-production team led by Victoria Alonso adds a scurrying rat to a New York City trashcan and more definition to some thrusters. Oh, and the presentation ended at the worst possible time — just as we caught our first glimpse of Donald Glover standing next to Logan Marshall-Green, the latter of whom plays one of Michael Keaton’s henchmen.

Going forward, Spider-Man will appear in the untitled sequel to Avengers: Infinity War as well as the untitled sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming due in July 2019. As far as Sony’s involvement in Spider-Man goes, Feige said he’s working with that studio’s marketing and distribution teams and that while Marvel is running creative point on the project, “we don’t want to be the kinds of filmmakers who don’t listen to anybody. We want the input from Sony.”

Oh, and since I didn’t know where to include this little tidbit in this report, I will say that in the art department there was one dry erase board with writing left on it, and it read “New Request – Serpent Society – ASAP.” Make of that what you will…
    The writer of X-Men Gold also said there's plans to use the Serpent Society in an issue of that series.

They have been under-utilized and they have such potential. I hope this is the start of something for them.

They would be perfect for a captain America movie

Some believe it was just an easter egg for the journalists (they sure do love to troll us SS fans):

“SERPENT SOCIETY?” reads a note scribbled rather conspicuously across a whiteboard at Marvel Studios’ usually top secret offices. “ASAP!”

That’s Marvel having a bit of fun with a small group of journalists who were invited to take an inside look at what goes into building their rapidly-expanding cinematic universe. A Captain America: The Serpent Society movie was teased nearly three years ago when it appeared on the Marvel Studios calendar during a “Phase Three” presentation. It was quickly revealed, however, that the title was just a placeholder so that the announcement of Captain America: Civil War could close things out with a bang. While we’re probably still not going to see Chris Evans facing off against snake-themed supervillains anytime soon, Marvel Studios did show off some tantalizing glimpses at upcoming films like Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel!

The Serpent Society pulled double-duty this week.

X-Men Gold #4 spoilers:
    had Sidewinder, Anaconda, Bushmaster, and Cottonmouth rubbing a bank but suffering a humiliating defeat by the X-Men.
    end of spoilers It's like really, Marvel writers? Why do you feel the need to make fun of your villains so much? Soon the pool of formidable villains will be maybe like two characters.

Secret Empire #2 spoilers:
    had Viper (the male one), Puff Adder, and Bushmaster attacking a young woman in a forest until a man calling himself Steve Rogers saves her.
    end of spoilers This one was much better in terms of depiction because really... dat art.

King Cobra got a heroclix figure in the newest set (The Mighty Thor). That means every founding member except Bushmaster has had at least one figure in the tabletop game. Puff Adder is also the only second-gen member to get one.

Diamondback, Asp, and Princess Python all had some recently too.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Black Mamba.
    Asp.
    Diamondback.

B.A.D. Girls!

f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Looks like Diamondback traded in Black Mamba and Asp for Domino and Outlaw as seen in the preview for Domino #1:

I guess it makes sense, since Mamba and Asp seem to want to continue their evil endeavors with the Serpent Society/Solutions and D-Back certainly doesn't.

But something about her being characterized as a "snob" really rubs me the wrong way. Diamondback's always been down on her luck and financially... not so well off. I can't see someone who has had such a rough life become a snob so easily, especially so soon after the death of her bae Constrictor.