View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I guess we'll see how it goes. how many members are still alive?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This will always be the best version of the organization.

There will be a Cobra action figure in the Legends line. It is based on his King Cobra look. Since Sidewinder is not leading the Society anymore (I know he was overthrown by Viper when she tried to take over) is someone new taken on his identity? After all he was killed in the 1998 3-issue Iron Fist mini-series. His body was fired when he tried to steal the Scorpio Key and a skeleton was the only thing left.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Looks like Diamondback traded in Black Mamba and Asp for Domino and Outlaw as seen in the preview for Domino #1:

I guess it makes sense, since Mamba and Asp seem to want to continue their evil endeavors with the Serpent Society/Solutions and D-Back certainly doesn't.

But something about her being characterized as a "snob" really rubs me the wrong way. Diamondback's always been down on her luck and financially... not so well off. I can't see someone who has had such a rough life become a snob so easily, especially so soon after the death of her bae Constrictor.
    My guess is Domino is probably interpreting Diamondback's defense mechanisms, and guards (well after what happened to her in Sam Wilson:Captain America, Rachel probably has more guards up than Buckingham Palace) as snobishness (this behavior is not unheard of) I am sure this will be elaborated on later on, this is issue #1 of Domino after all, so "In Simone I trust". PS David Baldeon's artwork looks good
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I guess we'll see how it goes. how many members are still alive?
    Most comic writers ignore any of their deaths. For example, Rattler was killed by the Scourge a few years ago but appeared just fine in the Serpent Solutions storyline (unless it's a brand new version of the character). So they're all basically alive... when they need them alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    There will be a Cobra action figure in the Legends line. It is based on his King Cobra look. Since Sidewinder is not leading the Society anymore (I know he was overthrown by Viper when she tried to take over) is someone new taken on his identity? After all he was killed in the 1998 3-issue Iron Fist mini-series. His body was fired when he tried to steal the Scorpio Key and a skeleton was the only thing left.
    I saw! It looks great. There's been a few SS members made in the Marvel Legends series. Cottonmouth and Eel were recent figures. Hopefully they'll make a female member soon (my money would be on Diamondback or Anaconda).

Sidewinder actually returned to the Society in an Elektra story. The version killed in Iron Fist was, according to the handbooks, a brand new character. After getting thrashed by Elektra I think he may have reconsidered his retirement, but a Sidewinder DID appear in the Serpent Solutions arc, so who knows. It could've been the third Sidewinder.

The group appears in Marvel Super Hero Adventures #1 this coming Wednesday! How adorable are they?

DeathAdderdeath.jpg

Damn, Death Adder can never catch a break, can he?

Ultimate Member

Damn, Death Adder can never catch a break, can he?
    I know right? That cybernetic upgrade must be turning into a hard sell.

"So this is our Death Adder modification. Swift. Deadly. Not as expensive as you'd think. Our techs have gotten quite experienced at applying it to new subjects."

"Can I speak to someone's whose already undergone it? Get a testimonial, so to speak?"

"Oh, sorry, they're all dead. You'd be the fourth Death Adder, I think..."

"What!? No! I want an upgrade whose subjects aren't all dead!"

"Well, there's our Anaconda line. We've only had the one, and she's still going strong."

this group needs a reboot. Who are the members who are still alive? How old are they at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    this group needs a reboot. Who are the members who are still alive? How old are they at this point?
    Most of them are alive and well.

Both Death Adders are now dead. The original (Roland) even got killed twice!

Rattler "died" but either got better or they found someone to replace the original. Cottonmouth, too, I guess, since he was shot in the head by Deadpool.

Princess Python has died before but then later revealed to still be alive... I think that happened multiple times, actually.

The original Viper died for many, many years and only came back a few years ago. They never stated how he came back, but he certainly seemed a bit more evil post-resurrection.

Constrictor, while not a member, died not too long ago. His son took over the mantle and joined the Society.

The group appears in Marvel Super Hero Adventures #1 this coming Wednesday! How adorable are they?
    I want to see Garden Snake appear with the 616 Serpent Solutions.

SSinFF.jpg

The ladies of the Serpent Society are going to appear in next week's Fantastic Four #5! It looks like Asp has some fun interactions with Johnny Storm.

I wish Marvel would make up their mind with BAD and stop re-villainizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish Marvel would make up their mind with BAD and stop re-villainizing them.
    Diamondback basically replaced them with Domino and Outlaw, so I doubt they're going to return to the BAD Girls team anytime soon. Asp and Black Mamba both seem to enjoy the criminal life, anyway.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Her new team should be called the O.D.D. Girls.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com