View Poll Results: Who is your favorite member of the Serpent Society?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidewinder

10 9.26%
  • Cobra

15 13.89%
  • Anaconda

8 7.41%
  • Black Mamba

25 23.15%
  • Death Adder

14 12.96%
  • Asp

13 12.04%
  • Cottonmouth

9 8.33%
  • Rattler

7 6.48%
  • Diamondback

56 51.85%
  • Bushmaster

6 5.56%
  • Puff Adder

4 3.70%
  • Princess Python

8 7.41%
  • Rock Python

2 1.85%
  • Copperhead/Boomslang

3 2.78%
  • Fer-de-Lance/Coachwhip/Black Racer

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    They were very well organized. They were a criminal syndicate where the leaders would set up jobs and take a cut off the profits. They also helped out if one of the members got arrested by hiring good lawyers to get them out. They were a business and their main goal was to make everyone rich. No world conquering. No petty revenge schemes. Just do the crime and get paid.
    That was the really refreshing thing about them. Sidewinder's main value proposition as their boss was his ability to snatch anybody that got caught out of the klink. Then, Viper came along and stepped all over the cake.

I wish Diamondback would develop a mutant power and then join the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I’d rather see her and the other three members of B.A.D. Girls Inc. get updated versions of those costumes and a monthly book.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Now that we are seeing Northstar's human husband Kyle actually living on Krakoa, it would be neat instead to see her and Asp get quarters on the island (Asp being a mutant and able to get them on and off the island) and her to be another human guest. She wouldn't have to have mutant powers herself, to get involved, as the X-books have had non-mutant allies / lovers / family for ages.

There are, IIRC, a few mutants in the Serpent Society. Asp. Black Racer (speedster). Puff Adder (minor growth powers, acid breath). Possibly Rock Python (steel-hard skin)? Slither, from the old Mutant Force/Resistants (snake-dude). Any or all of them could get a 'no extradition treaty' hidey-hole / safe-house on Krakoa, and possibly create an international incident by using it to evade justice in other countries.

After some 30 years, Modok finally gets his revenge on the Serpent Society.

Though this page looks grim, they're all still alive according to Iron Man. And you have to wonder, why were all these boys going to the restroom at the same time?

Yes, I'd like to see the Serpent society in the MCU. I was reading the Marvel 2 in 1 with the Serpent Crown, and I thought how great of a device that would be and could used in movies. If they wanted to start with Conan, move to Namor, and culuminate in a Captain America movie.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Gorgeous art of Asp from the MARVEL DUEL game.

King Cobra was one of my first supervillain crushes as a kid.

Black Mamba is in X-Men Unlimited (Infinity Comics) #8 this week!

AVENGERS #55
    (W) Aaron, Jason (A) Frigeri, Juan (C) Garron, Javi

THE COMING OF THE NIGHTHAWK Last seen during the events of HEROES REBORN- Nighthawk of the Squadron Supreme of America returns to the scene with a dark and mysterious purpose. Is he friend or foe to the Avengers? Nobody's sure. But there are no such questions about the deadly new incarnation of the Serpent Society! RATED T+

I was also interested to see which of the Serpent Society members appeared the most in the main 616 universe, so here's a handy list:

1. Viper II (Madame Hydra) - 189 appearances
    2. Diamondback - 178 appearances
    3. King Cobra - 91 appearances
    4. Anaconda and Black Mamba - 84 appearances
    5. Princess Python - 81 appearances
    6. Asp - 63 appearances
    7. Eel - 60 appearances
    8. Puff Adder - 54 appearances
    9. Cobra II - 53 appearances
    10. Bushmaster - 50 appearances
    11. Cottonmouth - 46 appearances
    12. Rattler - 40 appearances
    13. Coachwhip - 33 appearances
    14. Sidewinder - 31 appearances
    15. Death Adder - 30 appearances
    16. Rock Python - 28 appearances
    17. Black Racer - 26 appearances
    18. Fer-de-Lance - 23 appearances
    19. Boomslang - 22 appearances
    20. Slither - 21 appearances
    21. Viper - 19 appearances
    22. Bruiser and Death Adder II - 15 appearances
    23. Constrictor II - 13 appearances
    24. Copperhead - 12 appearances
    25. Sidewinder II - 8 appearances

It all checks out. Viper II and Diamondback obviously have long histories outside of the SS, and King Cobra, Anaconda and Black Mamba are the most prominently-used members of the team. Death Adder is the least-used founding member, largely due to his death in the SS's early days. Puff Adder and Coachwhip are the most-used second-gen serpents, while Copperhead and Sidewinder II are barely ever used. I'm not surprised, Copperhead has always been my least favorite member and I'm also not a fan of any of the replacement members.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I was also interested to see which of the Serpent Society members appeared the most in the main 616 universe, so here's a handy list:

1. Viper II (Madame Hydra) - 189 appearances
    2. Diamondback - 178 appearances
    3. King Cobra - 91 appearances
    4. Anaconda and Black Mamba - 84 appearances
    5. Princess Python - 81 appearances
    6. Asp - 63 appearances
    7. Eel - 60 appearances
    8. Puff Adder - 54 appearances
    9. Cobra II - 53 appearances
    10. Bushmaster - 50 appearances
    11. Cottonmouth - 46 appearances
    12. Rattler - 40 appearances
    13. Coachwhip - 33 appearances
    14. Sidewinder - 31 appearances
    15. Death Adder - 30 appearances
    16. Rock Python - 28 appearances
    17. Black Racer - 26 appearances
    18. Fer-de-Lance - 23 appearances
    19. Boomslang - 22 appearances
    20. Slither - 21 appearances
    21. Viper - 19 appearances
    22. Bruiser and Death Adder II - 15 appearances
    23. Constrictor II - 13 appearances
    24. Copperhead - 12 appearances
    25. Sidewinder II - 8 appearances

It all checks out. Viper II and Diamondback obviously have long histories outside of the SS, and King Cobra, Anaconda and Black Mamba are the most prominently-used members of the team. Death Adder is the least-used founding member, largely due to his death in the SS's early days. Puff Adder and Coachwhip are the most-used second-gen serpents, while Copperhead and Sidewinder II are barely ever used. I'm not surprised, Copperhead has always been my least favorite member and I'm also not a fan of any of the replacement members.
    They've got at least five mutants, and a bevy of cyborgs, it might be neat to branch out and include some mystical sorts, like members related to the serpent-folk or Set-worshippers, or some New Men snake-folk from the High Evolutionaries endless Dr. Moreau-esque tinkering. Maybe an Atlantean 'sea snake' themed character, or a Deviant with serpentine traits. Or one tied somehow to a mythic serpent, like Jormungandr (Norse), Typhon or the Lernean Hydra or those snake-headed gorgons that show up in Hercules / Cho tales (Greek) or Apep/Apophis (Egyptian). Mix it up a bit.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-06-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Which character is the one with the lighting bolt motif and shield featured in this page from SPIDER-WOMAN #18? (I suggested the Society as a natural recurring rogues gallery for Jessica Drew. A more serious take, of course.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ider-woman-18/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    They've got at least five mutants, and a bevy of cyborgs, it might be neat to branch out and include some mystical sorts, like members related to the serpent-folk or Set-worshippers, or some New Men snake-folk from the High Evolutionaries endless Dr. Moreau-esque tinkering. Maybe an Atlantean 'sea snake' themed character, or a Deviant with serpentine traits. Or one tied somehow to a mythic serpent, like Jormungandr (Norse), Typhon or the Lernean Hydra or those snake-headed gorgons that show up in Hercules / Cho tales (Greek) or Apep/Apophis (Egyptian). Mix it up a bit.
    I think a character just like this showed up in a New Warriors run.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Which character is the one with the lighting bolt motif and shield featured in this page from SPIDER-WOMAN #18? (I suggested the Society as a natural recurring rogues gallery for Jessica Drew. A more serious take, of course.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ider-woman-18/
    That's just a Thunderbolts henchmen working for Kingpin. The other two are Puff Adder and Coach Whip.

I like these guys but what are they supposed to do against the Avengers? Nowadays they are jobbing to literally anyone so I fail to see what they could achieve against Captain Marvel or Thor.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.