Default Larcade Dragneel (Fairy Tail) vs August Dragneel (Fairy Tail)

Setting/Location: Alvarez Empire

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent

Motivation: Motivated to kill/Morals off

Equipment: standard equipment

Preparation N/A

Continuity/Canon: Anime/Manga

Period/Saga/Age: Battle form august

Distance: 30 ft

Extraordinary Member

August's power was to basically lol-nope every other power so hard that the only way to defeat him was for him to give up and basically die out of sadness.

Larcade on the other hand got beat up by Sting, who just isn't that great in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    August's power was to basically lol-nope every other power so hard that the only way to defeat him was for him to give up and basically die out of sadness.

Larcade on the other hand got beat up by Sting, who just isn't that great in all honesty.
    Lol.

To be fair, Sting finished off Larcade using what was essentially Future Rogue’s technique and Future Rogue was kind of cool IMO.

You are right about the outcome though; August was specifically shown to be immune to Larcade’s virgin-outing power* so the odds of him losing are next to nil.

*Mashima deserves some credit for the creativity in that one, full stop. Never seen anything like it before or since.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Lol.

To be fair, Sting finished off Larcade using what was essentially Future Rogue’s technique and Future Rogue was kind of cool IMO.

You are right about the outcome though; August was specifically shown to be immune to Larcade’s virgin-outing power* so the odds of him losing are next to nil.

*Mashima deserves some credit for the creativity in that one, full stop. Never seen anything like it before or since.
    I disagree about Future Rogue (he started off strong but got less interesting as the arc went on), but the fight against Larcade is one of the better fights in the Alvarez arc (and yes, Larcade's power was very creative and out there). So I'll give Sting that much at least, even if I don't think it was quite enough to save him after he failed to live up to his initial hype.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

August was specifically shown to be immune to Larcade’s virgin-outing power* so the odds of him losing are next to nil.

Uuuummm?

As someone who gave up on Fairy Tail years ago, I have to ask - what does this ability entail exactly?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Uuuummm?

As someone who gave up on Fairy Tail years ago, I have to ask - what does this ability entail exactly?
    It's a massive AOE effect that causes everybody who isn't a virgin to experience pleasure so intense that they can't fight, and if they are under the effect of this magic long enough they'll just straight up die from pleasure (their soul leaving their body). It does affect most people on his team as well, so it's a bit of a risk.

If you're a virgin you're immune to it. But Larcade has other magic abilities and impressive physical stats so he doesn't just loose when faced with a virgin. The virgin outing ability is just his opening move.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's a massive AOE effect that causes everybody who isn't a virgin to experience pleasure so intense that they can't fight, and if they are under the effect of this magic long enough they'll just straight up die from pleasure (their soul leaving their body). It does affect most people on his team as well, so it's a bit of a risk.

If you're a virgin you're immune to it.
    Well, I don't know what I expected...

Thanks for the information.

If you're a virgin you're immune to it. But Larcade has other magic abilities and impressive physical stats so he doesn't just loose when faced with a virgin. The virgin outing ability is just his opening move.
    Actually, Larcade was able to even affect virgins as well when he concentrated enough.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Actually, Larcade was able to even affect virgins as well when he concentrated enough.
    I only vaguely remember it all. Was the trade-off that he needed to focus in on a smaller area to pull that off?

I only vaguely remember it all. Was the trade-off that he needed to focus in on a smaller area to pull that off?
    Yup. It basically took the form of energy tendrils.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Yup. It basically took the form of energy tendrils.
    Oh yeah.

...I now kinda remember why Sting didn't get that much more respect even after beating Larcade.

So... uh.

Larcade basically had uh, to sexually assault the virgin?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well it was with essentially pleasure-inducing tentacles, so...more or less.

He also switched up the tactic when that didn’t work and started making his opponents delusional with hunger to the point that they started chewing on their best friends’ heads.

And as Dark Soul mentioned with that initial attack he didn’t discriminate between his own faction and Fairy Tail. He was affecting several of the heavy hitters on his own side including Irene & Zeref himself.

Well it was with essentially pleasure-inducing tentacles, so...more or less.

He also switched up the tactic when that didn’t work and started making his opponents delusional with hunger to the point that they started chewing on their best friends’ heads.

And as Dark Soul mentioned with that initial attack he didn’t discriminate between his own faction and Fairy Tail. He was affecting several of the heavy hitters on his own side including Irene & Zeref himself.
    He could also use his Pleasure magic offensively in the form of energy blades that he could fire at people.

He could also use his Pleasure magic offensively in the form of energy blades that he could fire at people.
    Indeed.

I disagree about Future Rogue (he started off strong but got less interesting as the arc went on), but the fight against Larcade is one of the better fights in the Alvarez arc (and yes, Larcade's power was very creative and out there). So I'll give Sting that much at least, even if I don't think it was quite enough to save him after he failed to live up to his initial hype.
    I’m with you. Future Rogue ended up being kind of lame in the end; I feel like he could have been really fun if Mashima had brought him back somehow in the war, or not dropped the subplot with Rogue’s shadow.