Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wanting to start Newer Xmen comics. Help!

So for those who have read my posts over the past know that I love the older comics. But I want to start getting into the newer stuff. Mostly the newer Xmen comics because reading the post of this board have me very interested. I have a couple of questions.

Is House Of X a good place to start? Where do I go after that? What are the X titles out right now? I know of X Men, X Force, X Factor, and Wolverine. Are there others? What are the key points I need to know going forward?

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-13-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Start with House of X and Powers of X. Then start the Dawn Of X titles. Anything you don't understand from House of X, you can look up in back issues. The fun of reading comic books is just jumping in, enjoying a story and wanting to know what happened prior and doing the work to buy and read those books.
    I started reading "Uncanny" at issue 227 back in the late 80's. I hadn't read anything prior, but as I got deeper into it, I wanted to know about the Phoenix Saga and all the things that were mentioned.
    It's a fun ride, don't let the years of history and continuity discourage you. ENJOY!!

Astonishing Member

Did you get burnt out from reading Marvel in chronological order?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Did you get burnt out from reading Marvel in chronological order?
    Not at all. In fact I loved the early ones so much I started over a few weeks ago. I also started over becauseI wanted to keep better track of what I read. I am back on 1967.

But I also want to read some of the newer things as I dont want to wait 20 years of reading in order to get there lol.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-13-2020 at 04:21 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

HOXPOX is a great introduction to modern X-men. It’s the best I’ve seen it since I started reading X-men (I started back with Astonishing. X-men).
    If I can give a pre hoxpox recommendation, it’s Uncanny X-force by Rick Remender. It’s probably my favourite x title of all time (I’m not counting hoxpox as I consider that to be part of Hickman’s grander run, so my ranking could change).

From hoxpox, you have dox. I’m enjoying my time with these, but x-men and x-force are the two I enjoy the most.

I have a busy day of reading ahead of me. My friend who shares his collection with me has all of the House of X and Powers of X series as well as pretty much all of the current X Books. He is bringing them over for me to read. I am really looking forward to reading these issues and getting into the new stuff.

Today I read all of House of X and Powers of X. I have to say they are much different then the Xmen I am used to. That is not a bad thing, it is just different. I am going to stick with the new stuff as I enjoyed both of these books.

I do have a couple of questions.

When did Xavier start walking?

And what is that helmet that he wears on his head all the time?

How long has there been more then one Mister Sinister?

There was a section of people who committed crimes against mutants and Steven Lang was on it. is he related to Scott Lang?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Today I read all of House of X and Powers of X. I have to say they are much different then the Xmen I am used to. That is not a bad thing, it is just different. I am going to stick with the new stuff as I enjoyed both of these books.

I do have a couple of questions.

When did Xavier start walking?

And what is that helmet that he wears on his head all the time?

How long has there been more then one Mister Sinister?

There was a section of people who committed crimes against mutants and Steven Lang was on it. is he related to Scott Lang?
    Xavier has walked and stopped walking many times. More recently, he recovered his capacity to walk after House of M.

The helmet is a portable Cerebro.

First time we have been shown them, IIRC, was in Kieron Gillen's run.

No relation between Stephen and Scott Lang.

I have one more question.

When they Resurrected Wolverine after he died in space did he still have his adamantium skeleton? And if he did how and why did he still have it?

Spectacular Member

I have one more question.

When they Resurrected Wolverine after he died in space did he still have his adamantium skeleton? And if he did how and why did he still have it?
    They've not answered that directly but Forge tells us later that they have a bunch of adamantium just lying around. And presumably Proteus could warp reality to put the adamantium in the bones

So I took a little bit of a break after reading House of X and Powers of X. But Sunday I started the other X titles. I have read issues 1-3 on Xmen, New Mutants, Excalibur, Marauders, Fallen Angels, and X Force. My favorite of the bunch is the Marauders, while my least favorite is Excalibur. Not really huge into magic. But it is still a good read. Even though the Xmen are not what I am used to I am still enjoying them. I am hoping to be up to date by the end of the week

Spectacular Member

Just read HOXPOX for the 1st time and must say that was one of the best X-Men stories I have read. Need to start reading Dawn Of X trades now

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    Just read HOXPOX for the 1st time and must say that was one of the best X-Men stories I have read. Need to start reading Dawn Of X trades now
    I can agree with this. I loved HoX. PoX was aright but I loved HoX. Just got done with New Mutants, Excalibur, Marauders, Fallen Angels,and Xmen #4. I have to say Marauders is still my favorite of this bunch. I love the way the are writing Kitty and I love her character. I dont know much about her past a few issues in the 70's. Is this how she normally is or is this a new take on her?

Spectacular Member

I can agree with this. I loved HoX. PoX was aright but I loved HoX. Just got done with New Mutants, Excalibur, Marauders, Fallen Angels,and Xmen #4. I have to say Marauders is still my favorite of this bunch. I love the way the are writing Kitty and I love her character. I dont know much about her past a few issues in the 70's. Is this how she normally is or is this a new take on her?
    I was just going to buy the X-men and X-force trades but went with a MU subscription because of what you said about Marauders.......... So glad I gave it a go because I loved the writing of both Kitty and Emma. Not read the X-men for years but feel this whole event is perfect for new readers.

Spectacular Member

I stopped reading X-men early 2000's but can highly recommend the Excalibur visionaries by Warren Ellis if you like a good Kitty story.