Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fury.will we see her again.

FURY 21.jpgi'm a little confused w everything that's going on at DC right now and I was wondering if Diana was Wonder Woman in World War 2.so was their ever an Earth 2 and if not did Fury Lyta Trevor doesn't exist anymore.

I mean the last we saw any version of Fury was in Earth 2: Society. However given Wonder Woman's new WW2 origin I suppose you can could introduce a forgotten daughter.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fury herself? If there’s ever a proper revisit of the Earth-2 concept then probably.

However giving Jon Kent and Damian, I wouldn’t be surprised if some at DC have thought of trying to apply that concept to WW eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    FURY 21.jpgi'm a little confused w everything that's going on at DC right now and I was wondering if Diana was Wonder Woman in World War 2.so was their ever an Earth 2 and if not did Fury Lyta Trevor doesn't exist anymore.
    So technically, Doomsday Clock revealed that the proper Multiverse exists, and that reality shattering events didn't destroy what came before, but splintered off a new Earth with it's new reality, leaving the previous Earth and it's continuity unharmed.

So technically the real Earth 2 and it's continuity exist, including the proper Golden Age WW and her daughter lyta, aka fury.

However, these events seem to be largely ignore by the dcu proper, so who knows if we will ever see her.

Extraordinary Member

If you're looking for a Lyta Trevor fix, she and other Earth-2 characters show up in the recent Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths one-shot by Steve Orlando and Mike Perkins:

Astonishing Member

I'll have to track that issue down.

I hope she returns in some form -- even if she's not the daughter of the Golden Age Wonder Woman. She and Donna Troy are the original WW legacy characters -- and I'd like to see both get some prominence in Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I sure hope we do!

Lyta looks beautiful in this drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    If you're looking for a Lyta Trevor fix, she and other Earth-2 characters show up in the recent Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths one-shot by Steve Orlando and Mike Perkins:

The art in that story was atrocious....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The art in that story was atrocious....
    Yeah, it looks BAD. Why is her hand swollen and scratched? Does she have arthritic knuckles? Why the dots on the glove and face?

It would be really interesting if they did bring back Fury as Diana's daughter. Diana as a mother isn't something we've ever seen with the main title, so it would give her new dynamics and relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, it looks BAD. Why is her hand swollen and scratched? Does she have arthritic knuckles? Why the dots on the glove and face?
    I haven't read the issue yet, but it looks like she's probably dirty from fighting and/or a rough life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but it looks like she's probably dirty from fighting and/or a rough life.
    spoilers:
    yes, this scene is after a big fight where the entire JSA gets their asses kicked
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    spoilers:
    yes, this scene is after a big fight where the entire JSA gets their asses kicked
    end of spoilers
    Ah, so that is why-----now it makes sense. Thank you both.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean the last we saw any version of Fury was in Earth 2: Society. However given Wonder Woman's new WW2 origin I suppose you can could introduce a forgotten daughter.
    A lot would depend on Steve Trevor and where he would fit into the new timeline (assuming we're getting one). Is he part of Diana's 'Golden Age' life or her modern one? Or both...somehow?

If there's a Golden Age Trevor, then Fury makes sense. Unless they retcon her into having another father...

I'm a big Fury fan. If we ever see a modern day JSA back in action, I'd love if she was a part of it.