Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    A lot would depend on Steve Trevor and where he would fit into the new timeline (assuming we're getting one). Is he part of Diana's 'Golden Age' life or her modern one? Or both...somehow?

If there's a Golden Age Trevor, then Fury makes sense. Unless they retcon her into having another father...
    Hopefully Earth Two ( the proper one) will continue to exist, leaving the proper Fury in existence....

Unlike since Dc disrespects Diana and Steve's relationship

Extraordinary Member

Joshua Williamson was on the Word Balloon podcast recently and mentioned that there would be a Fury cameo in Infinite Frontier#0.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Joshua Williamson was on the Word Balloon podcast recently and mentioned that there would be a Fury cameo in Infinite Frontier#0.
    Preview for the Alan Scott story is out, the Fury cameo is in it. Basically it is just her in a picture of the team of Infinity Inc. So I guess Infinity Inc. is canon again basically.

https://www.gamesradar.com/green-lan...er-0-spoilers/

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Everything is canon again in DC lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Preview for the Alan Scott story is out, the Fury cameo is in it. Basically it is just her in a picture of the team of Infinity Inc. So I guess Infinity Inc. is canon again basically.

Okay, for a second there I was confused because I thought Todd was wearing transparent dog cone over his head.

I'm thinking of how Hippolyta's new headpiece is a good update of Fury's.

hippolyta 21.jpg

The eagle shape is a nice reference to WW's original logo.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait so... where on Earth are we?

There's the Lyta of Golden Age Earth-2, currently preserved somewhere in the Metaverse

There's Fury of New 52 Earth-2, currently in Earth-52 Orrery in the Metaverse

Who's this?! This is Earth-0 of Rebirth and Infinite Frontier Orrery, where JSA existed in WWII after not existing in New 52 WWII

Yeah, it seems like Diana was active since WWII, but Steve Trevor is alive today, not back then

So my guess is, just like there's a brown hair Green Arrow in Seven Soldiers of Victory that's not Ollie because he's blond, this Fury is not Lyta Trevor. Not in the Earth-0 of Rebirth-Infinite Frontier Multiverse. Her name maybe Lyta, but she's not Steve's daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

There's the Lyta of Golden Age Earth-2, currently preserved somewhere in the Metaverse

Who's this?! This is Earth-0 of Rebirth and Infinite Frontier Orrery, where JSA existed in WWII after not existing in New 52 WWII

Yeah, it seems like Diana was active since WWII, but Steve Trevor is alive today, not back then

So my guess is, just like there's a brown hair Green Arrow in Seven Soldiers of Victory that's not Ollie because he's blond, this Fury is not Lyta Trevor. Not in the Earth-0 of Rebirth-Infinite Frontier Multiverse. Her name maybe Lyta, but she's not Steve's daughter
    I assume that this is the Fury they retconned in Post-Crisis that Helena Kosmatos of the Young All-Stars was her mother
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This is what's so stupid about them making everything one continuity. It doesn't work.

They had a perfectly elegant sokution to everything via Doomsday Clock. That every event didnt destroy what came before it, but instead splintered off a new Earth with it's new reality. So we had all the proper Earths from the pre Crisis Multiverse, but then. Post Crisis Earth, a Flashpoint Earth, a nu 52 Earth, a Rebirth Earth, etc.
    Everyone exists with their own continuities and reality.
    But then that would be too simple for DC, who needs to endlessly eff up continuity for the sake of weak events and confusion....

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I assume that this is the Fury they retconned in Post-Crisis that Helena Kosmatos of the Young All-Stars was her mother
    Since Obsidian and Jade are Post Crisis, I'm gonna assume, yeah, that's it.

PS: I know nothing about these characters, I'm just learning and unknotting these verses and timelines and versions

The important thing is, they are back. A Busiek/Waid/Roy Thomas type continuity nerd can explain the specifics at some point but the important thing is, they are back.

Since Obsidian and Jade are Post Crisis, I'm gonna assume, yeah, that's it.

PS: I know nothing about these characters, I'm just learning and unknotting these verses and timelines and versions
    Ah, thats okay. I love Infinity Inc. because of my enjoyment of the JSA and DC legacy but it did kind of get confusing because of Crisis on Infinite Earths. All these characters were related to other characters that existed on Earth-2 but that became confusing once it merged with Earth-1 and became Earth-0.
    Words to live by.