Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hellions #5 - X of Swords Chapter 6 Spoilers/Review

Spoilers: Empath is resurrected on Krakoa and welcomed back by Xavier and Hope. Two days later, the Quiet Council holds a meeting where Mr. Sinister proposes to send his Hellions to Otherworld as none of them were among the chosen champions. He wants the Hellions to steal the Arakki champions’ swords to force a forfeit. Shaw, Msytique, Exodus, Emma Frost and Sinister himself vote in favor of his plan. Exodus proposes that Mr. Sinister leads the Hellions, much against his wishes.

The Hellions regroup, and Havok warns that whoever dies in Otherworld cannot be resurrected. Meanwhile, Mr. Sinister plans to send his own clone to Otherworld instead. The uncooperating clone forces Sinister’s hand and both play rock paper scissors to decide who will go to Otherworld; otherwise, the clone will expose Mr. Sinister’s illegal clone farm to the Council. We never learn which Mr. Sinister went to Otherworld.

Upon crossing the gateway, Sinister asks for King Jamie Braddock’s permission to travel through Avalon. Jamie accepts it and gives them a horse as a gift. Jamie requests Sinister’s cape in exchange to seal their deal. The Hellions soon find out that Jamie played them as the horse was stolen property of Saturnyne. Sinister asks Empath to manipulate Saturnyne’s guards into cooperating with them. Empath agrees only if they let him use his powers to turn Greycrow into his pet. Sinister accepts Empath’s conditions and soon the Hellions embark on a journey to the Kingdom of Dryador towards Arakko.

This was hilarious. Pretty much focused on Sinister and Empath. It kinda feels like a filler, but it's really worthy. Great writing and art. My only nitpick is that Kwannon is a telepath, so they really didn't need Empath to control Saturnyne's guards. Anyway, I loved it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This kindo confirms none of the Hellions will get the 10th sword.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This kindo confirms none of the Hellions will get the 10th sword.
    I dunno why anyone thought that was the case when all 10 were accounted for.

Zeb is killing it! I LOVED this issue. His Sinister is brilliant.

Art was beautiful as well!

Astonishing Member

Nanny is a Disney princess

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I dunno why anyone thought that was the case when all 10 were accounted for.
    Nope, they are not, so far we know of Magik, Storm, Wolverine, Betsy, Brian, Gorgon, Kid Cable, Apocalypse and Cypher. We do not know number 10.
    Some think it is Magneto, others named Kwannon. Well, she aint it after the remarks in this issue.

Mighty Member

Nope, they are not, so far we know of Magik, Storm, Wolverine, Betsy, Brian, Gorgon, Kid Cable, Apocalypse and Cypher. We do not know number 10.
    Some think it is Magneto, others named Kwannon. Well, she aint it after the remarks in this issue.
    They literally say. It's 10 swords and Gorgon has two. There's no 10th person.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll have to re-read it but I thought all the sword bearers were revealed in X-Factor?
    "Cable was right!"

They literally say. It's 10 swords and Gorgon has two. There's no 10th person.
    Nah, Polaris created a circle with 10 spots of Rockslides body. Each spot will be taken by one champion.

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...Factor-4-3.jpg

So Sinister is gonna get kabooshed and then have to explain why he's still alive, thus giving away his secret cloning stuff. Guess we're on our way to traitor sinister and the Chimeras.

Mighty Member

Nah, Polaris created a circle with 10 spots of Rockslides body. Each spot will be taken by one champion.

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...Factor-4-3.jpg
    She literally in the page you posted, says "When each of these symbols isl touching its corresponding sword."

There is no 10th swordbearer cause GORGON HAS TWO

I love how they kept the weird and fun tone with this issue! My prediction is that Empath is going to die and then get resurrected as less of a total A-Hole. I've always been a fan of Empath and the idea of Empath and his powers, but it's clear he can't keep acting this way.

She literally in the page you posted, says "When each of these symbols isl touching its corresponding sword."

There is no 10th swordbearer cause GORGON HAS TWO
    We will see, maybe you are right, but I doubt it as all the X of Swords card drawn (in which 5 characters were seen and 5 were in shadow), showed 10 sword wielders. So, you might be on to something, or... maybe not.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/Tf...YJgXCjmuCm.jpg

Does Emma comment on the team name at all? The use of the team name still feels a bit odd.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So Sinister is gonna get kabooshed and then have to explain why he's still alive, thus giving away his secret cloning stuff. Guess we're on our way to traitor sinister and the Chimeras.
    That probably would be the case if it wasn't for the fact that Charles and Magneto are well aware for Sinister's little game of multiple clones, they'd probably just barely acknowledge it except to make sure he will play ball with them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.