Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Hickman, had an entire arc of his FIRST BOOK in Marvel, Dedicated to Gorgon getting the two swords named in this event, in which he ends up shattering both, while killing the God of Fear, Phobos.
    Is he distantly related to Adam X the Extreme? Because that sounds like someone trying way to hard to make a character look cool.

So i read the wikipedia article on him. Created by Mark Millar? Well that explains a lot. Just look at all the powerups they have piled on him.

I was joking before, but now i would actualy enjoy seeing him get offed in an unceremoniously manner right at the start, because this character sounds perfect for that kind of thing to happen to him.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-14-2020 at 11:15 AM.

First issue I didnt care for

It was a fun read indeed...love the dialogues and the art.... but i was a little disappointed as well we didn't discover more on the mystery of numbers of swords, spots on the circle and sword bearers.

Must confess I was also disappointed Jamie didn't even comment on the fact Kwannon was there. A funny remark on the whole Betsy/Kwannon situation would fit this book and Jamie as a character.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Once again a really fun read. It's weird because usually books I read that have some attempts at humor it comes off eye rollingly silly and forced instead of fun. This is not the case with this book, it's legitimately funny. He's really got the characters personalities down well, except for maybe Havok but I don't think anyone's known what to do with Havok since the 90s. Sinister was great of course, and Nanny once again being the source of a lot of humor as well. And Empath. Sigh. he's going to either end up dying for real, for good, or he's going to do something that will cause everyone else to die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It was a fun read indeed...love the dialogues and the art.... but i was a little disappointed as well we didn't discover more on the mystery of numbers of swords, spots on the circle and sword bearers.

Must confess I was also disappointed Jamie didn't even comment on the fact Kwannon was there. A funny remark on the whole Betsy/Kwannon situation would fit this book and Jamie as a character.
    Idk Jamie seems to enjoy trolling Betsy, less so Psylocke. I'm pretty sure he just sees Kwannon as a non entity and not worth his time.

Mighty Member

This Zeb Wells is a fantastic writer. He makes the interaction between team members really interesting.

The internal feud between Empath and Greycrow is interesting, hope they won't end up killing each other!

His story telling is fantastic too, just like back in his New Mutants days.

This issue is just a filler but a hilarious one, there is no sword bearer here unlike Cable and New Mutants issues this week.
    Last edited by ericng; 10-14-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Before I even read the issue, I wanted this interaction between Kwannon and Jamie, and now I'm disappointed

Hopefully we will still have some new interactions between Betsy and Kwannon as they are both part of the event

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Idk Jamie seems to enjoy trolling Betsy, less so Psylocke. I'm pretty sure he just sees Kwannon as a non entity and not worth his time.
    Still....it would have been fun
    A picture would last longer darling...

Yeah, I also expected Jaime to say something totally offensive about Psylocke and end up with a sword to his neck again.

This was very fun, I'm starting to love these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Mama is on a team called Marauders
    I know. I think the use of the villain names is a bit odd. Marauders was just a name, Hellions was an offset of an organization that pretty much still exists.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

This issue had a lot of great lines.

Empath: Where the @#$% are we, Narnia or something?

Sinister: You see? Emma loves it. Though someone should tell her face.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I feel like this is the least important tie-in so far, but it's also probably my favorite after the first XoS book. I really love Zeb Wells's take on these characters
    Make Good Art

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I really liked this issue it was truly a blast to read through. Sinister conversing with... well anyone was awesome, although the scenes with the council are the best. I love the cultured lunatic.

I loved this issue. Sometimes books need to just be fun instead of deep. Empath is great...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I am loving Sinister and Exodus' interactions. This was a really fun read.
    Finally Exodus gets a plotline, and gets one over the annoying dandy