Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was very entertaining. Zeb's dialogue was great, and there were so many funny scenes. Carnero's art looks even better than the last time I saw it in Red. Greycrow is going to murder Empath so hard.

Incredible Member

"I haven't had to wipe my own ass since my x-gene activated" was by far my favourite line in any comic for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, I also expected Jaime to say something totally offensive about Psylocke and end up with a sword to his neck again.
    All I wanted from this...something very short. But Marvel still choses to ignore the status for now...

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    This issue had a lot of great lines.

Sinister: You see? Emma loves it. Though someone should tell her face.
    This was glorious...I totally understand Emma...I have the same issue
    A picture would last longer darling...

Loved this issue although it read rather fast. I’ll go back and re-read it later. Love the Empath development. I hope to see Firestar fry his range of telepathic influence again soon.

F581FE73-6C2C-4A8B-9AE6-1DB980B0535B.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

All-New Member

another great issue

Every time i pick up this book it gives me a laugh.

I wonder if Jamie Braddock will have a bigger role in this event.

I LOVE this book! I think I laughed on every single page.

Empath is d!ck but I quite like the nteractions with GreyCOW.

And sinister telling Magneto to keep his daughter away from his boy Havok had me in stitches!

Hellions is by far my favourite x book at the moment.

I laughed so hard.
    >This was the first XoS issue I've truly enjoyed since the first. Great art (I was worried about missing Segovia) and literal laugh out loud moments.
    >The cape/tassels/plumage running joke still makes me laugh.
    >Sinister vs Sinister using Rock, Paper, Scissors? Ha!
    >Sinister and Psylocke and even Nanny are telepathic. They could have dealt with their attackers without appeasing Empath with Greycrow as his sub. Greycrow is going to destroy Empath for this, hopefully not just kill him.
    >Empath is truly unstable. I agree that killing him in Otherworld and then forcing a resurrection might be a good thing but it might be worse if the other versions drawn on to reconstitute him are even worse than he is.
    >Peter is a bit slow, bless him.
    >Jamie likes to kill and resurrect people? Oh, dear. At least he's getting out his homicidal tendencies somehow.

I'm not sure if the Hellions' mission can succeed but I don't care! I'm loving the journey, not the destination!
    X-Book of the week!
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-14-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I love Cypher but I do think he would smell like milk.

It's weird how entertaining a genuinely funny comic can be. Like this was the most I laughed at a comic in a long time and it was absolutely one of my favourite issues of anything I've read in ages. A really great read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

It's weird how entertaining a genuinely funny comic can be. Like this was the most I laughed at a comic in a long time and it was absolutely one of my favourite issues of anything I've read in ages. A really great read.
    I know, right?! I can't wait to get the physical trade of this first volume!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This issue was hilarious. Every good campaign needs a solid side quest or two and I think Hellions is going to deliver. I can’t wait to see Greycrow slice Empath in half.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I thought this issue was hilarious. Sinister being pre-occcupied with losing his cape for half of the issue was gold. And the last part where he was wearing the priestess' cape... LOLLLLL.

But it was also a completely ridiculous addition to XofS. Their mission is crazy, would never work, and no one would approve of it.

Arakko: Our swords were stolen.

Saturnyne: Krakoa stole them. They lose.

End scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    They literally say. It's 10 swords and Gorgon has two. There's no 10th person.
    Did they say ten swords or ten champions because i am pretty sure they said champions.

This book doesn't know how to disappointed me. I think Sinister and Empath might have moved up in my favorites characters system. Graycrow gonna make a Olympic sport out of killing Empath. I can't wait...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

I took that to another level when it comes to insults...like he was talking about a baby and breast milk.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Carmen Carnero's art is...pretty damn attractive. I'm impressed.
    I wasn't a fan before but she's got my attention now. I want to see her on another X-book as an ongoing artist.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Carmen Carnero's art is...pretty damn attractive. I'm impressed.
    I wasn't a fan before but she's got my attention now. I want to see her on another X-book as an ongoing artist.
    I wasn't hot on her X-Men: Red art but I really like it here.