Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I love Cypher but I do think he would smell like milk.
    I don't catch the meaning of 'smelling like milk', what does it actually mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I don't catch the meaning of 'smelling like milk', what does it actually mean?
    Young (as in still a baby, breast feeding), weak, innocent, naive, definitely not a threat to anyone but at the mercy of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Young (as in still a baby, breast feeding), weak, innocent, naive, definitely not a threat to anyone but at the mercy of others.
    This statement coming from Zeb Wells who wrote an all-powerful Doug in his run?

I remember there was an evil all-powerful Doug in a future timeline, not sure whether Zeb Wells wrote it or someone else.

Fantastic Member

It's funny, I absolutely despise Sinister, but he's been hilarious to read in this book. I can't say I really like him....at all. But I love reading him.

Empath seems weirdly uncouth. I remember in old New Mutants issues, he was fairly eloquent as part of his better-than-you condescending arrogance. Not really the kind of person to curse a lot. But maybe he's completely dropped the thin veneer of nobility, and is just rolling around in the trash like the garbage that he is. The attitude is certainly spot-on. I loved Hope telling him to just go out the back. Greycrow will probably have to kill him multiple times for any kind of lesson to stick. (Why is he blond, though? It's a minor thing, but it's driving me nuts.....he's never been blond in the past.)

Greycrow and Nanny are the characters I never expected to like.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed I canīt stand Sinister but heīs hilarious as a protagonist, still donīt see why he chose this time to talk about Lorna and Havok past relationship specially in front of Magneto, in Sinister mind only he can chose romantic partners for Scott and Alex, but the result was quite fun to watch lol, donīt mess with Magnus children Sinister

Nanny, Havok, Greycow and Psylocke were awesome as always and Empath is like 80īs kid omega who you really love to hate. I donīt know if their mission will acomplish something but they add the fun element in the crossover.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-14-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"Silence, you sickly japer. I'm no pantaloon."

There must've been a bit on every page.

10/10
    "Cable was right!"

I remember there was an evil all-powerful Doug in a future timeline, not sure whether Zeb Wells wrote it or someone else.
    To be fair, It's Sinister saying it. It doesn't mean that's what Wells thinks of him lol

I think it was Dan Abnett that wrote the future Douglock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I canīt stand Sinister but heīs hilarious as a protagonist, still donīt see why he chose this time to talk about Lorna and Havok past relationship specially in front of Magneto, in Sinister mind only he can chose romantic partners for Scott and Alex, but the result was quite fun to watch lol, donīt mess with Magnus children Sinister
    I think Sinister just wanted to be a bitch to Magneto. He knows better now lol.

BANNED

Haha, that was a pretty funny read.

The best X book going. I hope we get a long run.

Ultimate Member

They took a bunch of characters I could care less about, and somehow made it the most fun book of the lot (at least since New Mutants stopped their whacky adventures in space, narrated by Sunspot). Amazing.

I'm still a bit put out how out-of-character/inconsistent people are, though. Empath has changed radically in personality, for instance, and who only knows how Kwannon turned into a telepath, given that the whole point of putting Betsy's brain in her body was to give the Hand a telepath...

From a narrative standpoint, it's actually helpful that so many of the team are surly or uncommunicative in various ways (Greycrow, Wild Child, Kwannon), so that the more dynamic personalities get a chance to chew some scenery. I don't feel like Wild Child, for instance, is getting shortchanged or anything because so much space is devoted to Sinister swanning about, because Wild Child isn't exactly Exposition Lad.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see Sebastian Shaw take Hellion under his wing. I think those two would get along.

Sinister is a sassy dandy. I like how Exodus doesn't care for him.

Jamie screwing them over should of been a given. He can be a trickster

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    They took a bunch of characters I could care less about, and somehow made it the most fun book of the lot (at least since New Mutants stopped their whacky adventures in space, narrated by Sunspot). Amazing.

I'm still a bit put out how out-of-character/inconsistent people are, though. Empath has changed radically in personality, for instance, and who only knows how Kwannon turned into a telepath, given that the whole point of putting Betsy's brain in her body was to give the Hand a telepath...

From a narrative standpoint, it's actually helpful that so many of the team are surly or uncommunicative in various ways (Greycrow, Wild Child, Kwannon), so that the more dynamic personalities get a chance to chew some scenery. I don't feel like Wild Child, for instance, is getting shortchanged or anything because so much space is devoted to Sinister swanning about, because Wild Child isn't exactly Exposition Lad.
    They didn't literally swap brains, the two bodies were mixed together so that one couldn't be distinguished from the other, leaving neither body as being all Betsy or all Kwannon but a mix of the two...just hope that they don't kill Alex off, then again with how things are right now I doubt that most of the mutants would even notice sadly...

Does anyone else now hear Sinister’s voice as Dr. Frankenfurter!??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Am I the only one who loved Mr. Sinister first, but not anymore? Ever since he clones himself and is more humoristic than a serious threat I dislike reading stories about him. Now at the start of Dawn of X, it seemed he was back being interesting, but now again we see he cloned himself and it's more a joke. I just cannot take him serious as a threat with all this.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================