Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It's because Toyotaro is a **** writer outside of original works. I'll bet money they'll be a better reason once the anime returns.
    I don't think that there's a "better" reason possible. Goku was an idiot for giving a worn-out Cell a bean before he fought Gohan. No reason works, no reason matters, it was a colossal risk with basically no possible payoff.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Reminds me of that image I posted some time ago

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post

Congratulations, you win the Internet today.

T'es pret pour le couvre feu ? :-)
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I have to say, citing Goku being written as stupid as an example of poor writing kind of ignores a lot of DB canon.

Let's be honest, letting Vegeta live at the end of Saiyan Saga was dumb. Initially being like "eh bored now," and letting Freiza live was colossally stupid and irresponsible, giving Cell a sensu was dumb, pretty much all of his behaviour in Super was dumb.

Goku is dumb, has been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I have to say, citing Goku being written as stupid as an example of poor writing kind of ignores a lot of DB canon.

Let's be honest, letting Vegeta live at the end of Saiyan Saga was dumb. Initially being like "eh bored now," and letting Freiza live was colossally stupid and irresponsible, giving Cell a sensu was dumb, pretty much all of his behaviour in Super was dumb.

Goku is dumb, has been for a long time.
    I don't think you were talking to me, but I certainly don't mean to imply that it's poor writing. Goku is a wildly overconfident and, outside of his savant fighting ability, an idiot, and always has been.

DBZA definitely played it best: Frieza saying "I want to transform, and you let me! I want to power up, and you let me!" in the middle of a barrage of insults, and it's soooooo true.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think you were talking to me, but I certainly don't mean to imply that it's poor writing. Goku is a wildly overconfident and, outside of his savant fighting ability, an idiot, and always has been.

DBZA definitely played it best: Frieza saying "I want to transform, and you let me! I want to power up, and you let me!" in the middle of a barrage of insults, and it's soooooo true.
    Nah, my comment was directed at Cody who was actively calling out the writer of the DB Super manga.

Congratulations, you win the Internet today.
    Neat, I've never won the Internet before .

T'es pret pour le couvre feu ? :-)
    On va faire avec, même si je ne sais pas encore comment ça va se passer niveau sport (les gymnases sont toujours ouverts en grande couronne). Et toi ?

The difference here is that Goku learned from that incident, and actively tried to rectify it when Piccolo made him realize he fucked up. The fact that he is doing this again for no reason(where else with Cell he did it because he mistakenly believed his son was like him and loved to fight, considering he was dead or in the hospital for the half of Gohan's life up to that point, he really didn't know his son well outside of the times they trained for the androids and Cell, as such, he thought he was a more powerful mini-him, something similar to what some fathers go through when they believe their kid are like mini thems), is indeed bad writing as it is greatly OOC. There is no one else for him to suggest fighting Moro, he already began fighting the guy when he was at his peak, and there is no transformation that Moro has up his sleeve. This makes no sense.

To bring up Freiza is silly. Goku is as naive as a child, and showed mercy like he did with Raditz. Is that any different from what most Superheroes in comics would have done on either occasions? Wouldn't be surprised if Superman had done that once or thrice. It isn't an example of stupidity(or irresponsibility, in the case for superheroes). It is an example of naivety(though I suppose you could still call it dumb in the same way a child is dumb). These two incidents do not really compare.

It is true that his arrogance can get the better of him like it does Vegeta however, as shown during the while Frieza movie/Saga, so I'll agree to that.

A dumb meme. Goku would actively rip that gauntlet off and destroy it so that Thanos wouldn't have a handicap from an outside source of power that doesn't belong to Thanos, and is more like a cheap weapon. He would want a fair fight with Thanos, using all of their own power, not with outside help of any type.

People seem to have a hard time differentiating TFS Goku, and DB Goku. One is a parody, who will have exaggerated traits of the canon Goku(even if DBS manga Goku isn't canonical).
    Last edited by Cody; 10-16-2020 at 06:15 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Found a neat little fan theory video that could potentially explain Goku's decision regarding Moro.

It's pure conjecture but it's a neat idea.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

On va faire avec, même si je ne sais pas encore comment ça va se passer niveau sport (les gymnases sont toujours ouverts en grande couronne). Et toi ?
    Mes salles de sports sont tous fermés, c'est nul. Par contre, mes enfants et mes amis vont bien, et moi : toujours bien, donc je n'ai rien a plaindre. :-)

Mes salles de sports sont tous fermés, c'est nul. Par contre, mes enfants et mes amis vont bien, et moi : toujours bien, donc je n'ai rien a plaindre. :-)
    Mon français est très mauvais ces jours-ci, mais j'ai aimé essayer de traduire votre conversation.

Cela a été écrit avec l'aide de Google Translate car je suis encore très peu pratique. -__-

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Mon français est très mauvais ces jours-ci, mais j'ai aimé essayer de traduire votre conversation.

Cela a été écrit avec l'aide de Google Translate car je suis encore très peu pratique. -__-
    Not bad, all things considered.

Not bad, all things considered.
    I couldn't believe I forgot the word "car"

A simple but important word, baffled that I forgot it.

Still the deterioration in my French is less severe than my Welsh which is all but gone at this point.

As long as you speak real French, and not my countries fake "French", it's all good
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

Okay. I think the Cell thing was dumber, but this backfired more.

Moro as he was, is apparently so far behind Ultra Instinct that Goku was right not to give a **** in a sense. Goku wasn't even stronger than cell, and at best was even with him for a time and Gohan didn't like to fight and couldn't readily access his power. He basically made completely **** calcs.

His error this arc was not realizing the **** with Meerus, which.....Lead to much, much, much greater problems, on a much higher scale. As far as we can tell it's a much higher stakes blunder, but....It's an error less directly as a result of him being **** at thinking things through.

If the hand wasn't there, or if Meerus had vaporized it, or if it fell into the lava, etc, this wouldn't even be a conversation. I mean, maybe Moro would still fuse with the planet, but we wouldn't be worrying about the universe being vaped.

(I mean, even UI Moro was at a clear disadvantage, and is on his last legs.)

So, this is a much bigger **** up because of that last bit, but on paper the Cell thing was much more stupid. Goku was never stronger than SP Cell, and was getting weaker than him by the moment, and the only person who was definitively stronger than Cell wasn't the battle loving type.

I also think I feel like the Senzu thing didn't really spoil that much, having read the chapter lol.

So, this wins via pure 'Oh ****' factor, even if Goku manages to fix it. It's somewhere between 'the world in danger' and 'the universe in danger' so lol.

But I'm hesitant to say "Goku, you dumb ****, you didn't realize he could fuse with planets?". I mean, this is pretty out there, lol.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-20-2020 at 10:47 AM.