Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also, guns injuring him, I headcanon he's like Wonder Woman when it comes to this, meaning he can tank blunt force attacks well, but piercing can go through, kinda ridiculous, but hey, can explain how he can tank attacks from the likes of Venom or Rhino, be hurt, but survive, but normal guns can penetrate his skin.
    I mean Wonder Woman is also invulnerable to gunfire. It's mostly that some writers are really hit by the dumb syndrome and forget about it. In general, I've always hated the idea that blunt damage and piercing damages are somehow different in their nature or something. Absolutely not, unless the world runs on videogame logic. But there is no actual difference except for the surface in which the force behind the object is distributed. If you can trade hulks with the likes of Venom or Rhino (or fucking Superman in Wonder Woman's case) then guns are going to bounce off of you, because your skin is already so durable that even the lesser distribution of force won't do anything against you.

My guess is that, at least in Spider-Man's case, they do it to keep him somehow grounded and street level. But again, that's my biggest peeve. When writers try to keep him both grounded but also able to compete with the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I mean Wonder Woman is also invulnerable to gunfire. It's mostly that some writers are really hit by the dumb syndrome and forget about it.
    I mean, if she's not weak to piercing, then she's a moron for wasting time blocking the bullets with the bracelets.

Think even Rucka's run in Rebirth implied she has to block it, so I dunno about which one is more consistent.

In general, I've always hated the idea that blunt damage and piercing damages are somehow different in their nature or something. Absolutely not, unless the world runs on videogame logic. But there is no actual difference except for the surface in which the force behind the object is distributed. If you can trade hulks with the likes of Venom or Rhino (or fucking Superman in Wonder Woman's case) then guns are going to bounce off of you, because your skin is already so durable that even the lesser distribution of force won't do anything against you.
    Yeah, it's stupid, and this comic books, which are stupid by nature, some laws of physics will be arbitrarily followed, and maybe even new weird ones will be around, because no way someone like Hulk would even manage to walk without causing random destruction with the kind of strength he has even at his weakest.

My guess is that, at least in Spider-Man's case, they do it to keep him somehow grounded and street level. But again, that's my biggest peeve. When writers try to keep him both grounded but also able to compete with the big leagues.
    It's like that, specially with a super power as inconsistent as super strength, we may have characters tanking hits they should never, ever survive lol.

Honestly though, they should just make Spidey dodge more and get hit by something else, like say, random rocks when a super strong character hits the ground, tanking some hits is really pushing it, but hey, rule of cool lol.

What actually is the cover of this issue? This might seem like a noob question so I'll explain my plight, I nearly have a complete run from number 2 vol1 to 7oo and then I stopped collecting as the stories went down hill fast. So recently I've read about Kindred and I would like to read his unmasking and having no shops near me I'm confused at how many covers there are and I would like to buy a 1st printing issue 50. Thanks for any replies.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    What actually is the cover of this issue? This might seem like a noob question so I'll explain my plight, I nearly have a complete run from number 2 vol1 to 7oo and then I stopped collecting as the stories went down hill fast. So recently I've read about Kindred and I would like to read his unmasking and having no shops near me I'm confused at how many covers there are and I would like to buy a 1st printing issue 50. Thanks for any replies.
    The cover of this book is Spider-Man hiding on a statue of Kindred from his other Spider-Friends, a.k.a. The Order of the Web.

Thank you Webslingwonder.
    Hail Hydra!

BANNED

While this was a underwhelming reveal at least it's not the loser ass hobgoblin sitting on his butt and actually Norman's real son.